Greatest NBA trash talker ever? | The Boneyard

Greatest NBA trash talker ever?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My favorite comment was Kleine saying that he never did it loud enough for the crowd to hear. It was a private show just for the opposing player.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I saw the headline and first player that came to mind was Bird.

Bird telling the press he was only going to score using left hand to end a road trip. Legend. He did it. Nothing like being inside on the joke and not being able to say it.

And I hated Bird, monkey armed McHale, Parish, freckled faced Johnson and the rest of the Celtics. I was all in on Dr. J, Sec of Defense Bobby Jones, Boston Strangler Andrew Toney (Ben Gordon before Ben Gordon) and the rest of the Sixers.

Reaction Score
Don’t know if he “talked” trash but Bill Laimbeer has to be the dirtiest NBA player of all time. Definitely used his physicality to try to intimidate opponents.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
80B10037-8344-453C-91F5-B36D67C4A0A4.jpeg

Reaction Score
I'm obsessed with Bird. Easily one of the best players ever and yet I'm left wondering how much better he actually could've been if he wasn't such a hard worker and paid for someone else to pave his mom's driveway instead of doing it himself. At 28 years old he had a back injury that would've ended most players careers and he continued to dominate the league despite being partially crippled.

CL82

Reaction Score
I'm obsessed with Bird. Easily one of the best players ever and yet I'm left wondering how much better he actually could've been if he wasn't such a hard worker and paid for someone else to pave his mom's driveway instead of doing it himself. At 28 years old he had a back injury that would've ended most players careers and he continued to dominate the league despite being partially crippled.
He also broke a finger playing softball that he states hurt his shooting significantly.

Reaction Score
He also broke a finger playing softball that he states hurt his shooting significantly.
Also hurt his finger in a bar fight which screwed up his shooting in the finals.

Reaction Score
Also hurt his finger in a bar fight which screwed up his shooting in the finals.
How does Larry Bird get in a bar fight? I am a pretty big guy and when I run into Larry around town, he is always even bigger than I remembered. Just massive. The only other person I've met in person that struck me as being as large as Larry is Charles Oakley. The last thing I or any other mere mortal should do is pick a fight with a guy of that size.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The game he decided to play left-handed at Portland was pretty epic.

CL82

Reaction Score
The game he decided to play left-handed at Portland was pretty epic.
Agree, it’s like just playing basketball at the pro level wasn’t enough of a challenge for him.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Agree, it’s like just playing basketball at the pro level wasn’t enough of a challenge for him.

As the story is told, Bird told he teammates and traveling media the day before the game he was going to do it. It was some off the cuff decision; it was premeditated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom