2023 Recruiting: - (Grad Transfer) Nick Timberlake | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: (Grad Transfer) Nick Timberlake

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Went to school with his dad at Boston U., he was starting PG under Satan. Also, this kid is much much taller than his dad.

Wow, I legitimately haven't thought of Jarvis in 15 years and probably would have gone the rest of my life without remembering his existence if not for your post.

Reaction Score
Keep him away from Xavier but if he likes BBQ watch out for Pearl.

Reaction Score
Luke Murray was with Towson years ago. Maybe he can pull some old strings.

My nephew played AAU with Timberlake for years and his father, who played at BU, was head coach. Great kid. My nephew called him tonight to pump UConn and Timberlake said his first call after entering the portal was from Luke Murray, 5 minutes after the portal.

Would be a great "get" and am optimistic.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
My nephew played AAU with Timberlake for years and his father, who played at BU, was head coach. Great kid. My nephew called him tonight to pump UConn and Timberlake said his first call after entering the portal was from Luke Murray, 5 minutes after the portal.

Hope you told your nephew to stay on him…

Reaction Score

Do your job GO. You got this!!

Reaction Score

I live in the area and both my kids went to Towson so I’ve seen him play a lot. Would be a great pick up!

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
I live in the area and both my kids went to Towson so I’ve seen him play a lot. Would be a great pick up!
like his hops as well .... until i watched his highlights, i was expecting just a shooter Noah Locke-style. he looks to be much more than that

Reaction Score
Do your job GO. You got this!!

Their AAU team was a force and fun to watch. Played together from like 5th grade through 8th grade. Starting 5 along with my nephew and Timberlake was Jermaine Samuel (Nova), Chuck Hannah (Elon) and Will Plansky, Mark Plansky of Nova fame's kid (he played lacrosse at Maryland). All greater Boston kids. And Timberlake's father was an excellent coach. Taught them how to play right way (pass, cut, hit open man etc.) which you don't always see in AAU.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was thinking more Joey C. Do you think he starts for UConn? We might have a lot of turnover so there could be a starting spot open, but I don't think a player from Towson is coming to UConn and starting.
I was just thinking of his role which easily could fit Joey as well. We need a good three point threat was all I was thinking. However, looking for a grad transfer is a pipe dream as there is no room on this roster for one. If we are going to dream of possible grad transfers then we may as well dream big. I love Joey’s game, more than most on the Boneyard, but his name didn’t come in my thought process of an ideal grad transfer.

Reaction Score

THIS, folks, is why we come to the 'yard. Great to hear.

Reaction Score
Their AAU team was a force and fun to watch. Played together from like 5th grade through 8th grade. Starting 5 along with my nephew and Timberlake was Jermaine Samuel (Nova), Chuck Hannah (Elon) and Will Plansky, Mark Plansky of Nova fame's kid (he played lacrosse at Maryland). All greater Boston kids. And Timberlake's father was an excellent coach. Taught them how to play right way (pass, cut, hit open man etc.) which you don't always see in AAU.

No better offers than Towson?

Reaction Score
Just watched a bunch of game film on him.

Obviously the 3 point stroke is pure... but I'm surprised by how athletic he is. Not elite by any means... probably not even above average, but gets up faster and stronger than I expected for a low-major guy. He's definitely pretty slow running up and down the court though. I'd imagine Hurley could turn him into an average defender.

Sign me up. Clearly the staff agrees if they're calling him 5 minutes after the portal opens. Gotta respect the hustle from Luke getting after it.

Performances vs. high-major schools...

21/8/1 vs. Clemson
8/18 FG, 2/7 3FG
0 TOs

12/4/1 vs. Pitt
5/13 FG, 2/4 3FG
2 TOs

11/4/1 vs OSU
4/12 FG, 1/5 3FG
2 TOs

19/2/1 vs UVA
6/12 FG, 5/7 3FG
0 TO

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No better offers than Towson?

No was lost in shuffle a bit. Star at Braintree High and then did year of prep where he really exploded. But Only mid major offers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom