Grad Tranfer James Scott | The Boneyard

Grad Tranfer James Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Think he’s a normal transfer. His shooting% look sub par.

Reaction Score
If he was a grad transfer I'd say yes, definitely. But for sit 1, play 2? Kind of meh.
Meh we need plan B and plan C guys. It looks like we're casting a wide net

Reaction Score
He went to St. Benedict's so the connection is there. A true sophomore who averaged 18 a game is interesting, but doing so on meh percentages on an awful team in a bad conference is worrisome. Think we can do better.

Also, Arizona is really considering everyone now lol

Reaction Score
It really takes thorough scouting for kids like this. You can’t go off of raw numbers when a kid is dominating touches like this at a mid major. Scott took 33.7% of Kennesaw’s shots, which ranked 20th in the country. He’d be a much smaller part of the team here.

At the volume he’s shooting, his shooting percentages aren’t bad. But his assist to turnover ratio is very bad. He shouldn’t have the ball in his hands as much as he did. He has suffered from the same things Adams has here.

I’d assume he’s a contingency plan, but maybe the staff sees something in him. Having a year to redshirt at a high major school will likely benefit him as well.

Reaction Score
He went to St. Benedict's so the connection is there. A true sophomore who averaged 18 a game is interesting, but doing so on meh percentages on an awful team in a bad conference is worrisome. Think we can do better.

Also, Arizona is really considering everyone now lol

Maybe after they get rid of Sean Miller, KO will step in as their new head coach too!

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Sounds like VT leads and that’s fine by me.

If only Ollie closed on Devon Daniels last year. He’d slide in perfectly. He’s gonna kill it for Keatts

Reaction Score
Beautiful looking jump shot form but wow...a few of these kids that we are looking at play exactly like Vital...shoot a lot, take contested shots, plays hard but not overly athletic, drives extremely hard with no change of pace...I like Vital but I don't want another one of him. We need a guard that has a lot of talent but plays calm and in control.

Reaction Score
Sounds like VT leads and that’s fine by me.

If only Ollie closed on Devon Daniels last year. He’d slide in perfectly. He’s gonna kill it for Keatts
It seemed like they had him but they didn't know how to close. I know. That one was the end of me following that staff's recruiting after the Diallo debacle basically took all my interest/confidence away.

I haven't watched a recruiting video in a while but he can get buckets off the bounce a lot easier than Vital and I love CV and his attitude. This guy is a scorer. Haven't watched Cremo, he's obviously super highly regarded.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Beautiful looking jump shot form but wow...a few of these kids that we are looking at play exactly like Vital...shoot a lot, take contested shots, plays hard but not overly athletic, drives extremely hard with no change of pace...I like Vital but I don't want another one of him. We need a guard that has a lot of talent but plays calm and in control.

I think Vital has a lot of positives with some better coaching. He’s a decent shooter who takes too many bad shots. I’m hoping he can be shown what a good shot within an offense looks like. He knows how to get himself to the foul line and is a good FT shooter. He rebounds the ball and tries pretty hard on D. Let’s hope. And he’s a year more mature.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It really takes thorough scouting for kids like this. You can’t go off of raw numbers when a kid is dominating touches like this at a mid major. Scott took 33.7% of Kennesaw’s shots, which ranked 20th in the country. He’d be a much smaller part of the team here.

At the volume he’s shooting, his shooting percentages aren’t bad. But his assist to turnover ratio is very bad. He shouldn’t have the ball in his hands as much as he did. He has suffered from the same things Adams has here.

I’d assume he’s a contingency plan, but maybe the staff sees something in him. Having a year to redshirt at a high major school will likely benefit him as well.
This was the contingency plan last season. I'd sacrifice this season for two years down the road instead of continuing something out of desperation.

Either Hurley, Moore and Young have it and will get great recruits next season if not this or they don't have it. I say go all in and take the chance of better recruiting and not take players who are possible and fill slots for several years.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Interesting prospect because he is a Hurley type player. Hurley likes the bigger guards who can beat you off the dribble.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Considering he was carrying his team those percentages should improve on a better team, even if the point total falls.

Reaction Score
In 2018, 41.6% FG, 34% from 3. 80% at the line

KenPom has 46 from 2, 35 from 3, 79 FT. High steal %. Decent TO%. 97 ORTG. Okay for the usage as a sophomore.

Bad rebounding numbers at 6'5". Okay assist rate, but not great for primary creator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom