Governor Proposes UConn Budget Cut; UConn Threatens to Pull out of XL Center | The Boneyard

Governor Proposes UConn Budget Cut; UConn Threatens to Pull out of XL Center

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
As the parent of a freshman, the prospect of paying an extra 18K over the next 3 years is extremely unpleasant.
My son told me that Lamont has never visited campus except for a brief stop when looking for re-election and he left without talking to any students. They are apparently planning a protest in Hartford on the 15th. I've encouraged him to go and have a voice.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
UConn and the entire state university system needs more investment, not less. The county is getting dumber every year. If CT is going to compete economically, this is where we need to invest. State school kids are more likely to stay in CT after graduation.

UConn and the entire system have made great strides in the last 25 years (not coincidentally aligned with athletic success) but still sits in the middle of the pack nationally vs other land grant schools. We are not nationally known for anything (don't say puppetry) in terms of research that would drive industry our way.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Those on Boneyard need to add their voices to this debate.
I sent messages to my reps last week, Christie Carpino & Matthew Lesser. I encouraged my son to take part in the protest, but he did not. He did say the teachers had excused students from class for the protest.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom