Goose (the band) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Goose (the band)

Reaction Score
Goose F’s sooo hard! They blew up during the pandemic. Saw them up in N.H and New Haven at the tennis court which I have to say is my new favorite venue in CT! Was at the biscuits show also, but out of all the shows I’ve seen so far there no one rocked it like Billy Strings! Went to both nights. Next up in the band world is Neighbor..absolute fire!

Reaction Score
Adrian is a hell of a drummer. Dude is so talented. He's come over to my buddy john Pitblado's (from Hannah's field and Mauve Lloyd) to jam in his basement a few times. The jams get deep on those nights. Man I wish I had any musical talent.
Adrian is amazing…he may be jumping in tomorrow night to play at a party I’m throwing. Fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
Goose F’s sooo hard! They blew up during the pandemic. Saw them up in N.H and New Haven at the tennis court which I have to say is my new favorite venue in CT! Was at the biscuits show also, but out of all the shows I’ve seen so far there no one rocked it like Billy Strings! Went to both nights. Next up in the band world is Neighbor..absolute fire!
Lotus opening up for biscuits sept 24. First CT show with Tim on lead. TAB on Sept 19 also, and one more JRAD. great time to be a music fan in CT.

Reaction Score
Lotus opening up for biscuits sept 24. First CT show with Tim on lead. TAB on Sept 19 also, and one more JRAD. great time to be a music fan in CT.
I've got tab and Jrad Tix too. Love Westville. Got floor for both. Now, don't kill me, but I'm going to miss kids on the floor. It was so nice to be able to piss and get a beer and be back without having to fight the crowd and .

Reaction Score
I used to be on Lotus’s road team back in 03!!! They played at Main St Tavern in Manchester(along with Brothers Past). I used to hand out flyers and posters and then get on the guest list. The lead singer(I think his name was Mike)was super chill. My first biscuits show was Roseland Ballroom 12/28/02..seems like forever ago

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'll be at both these as well. Pack the bowl!!!!
Have been to three of the JRAD shows there, as well as one Lake Street Dive show, and loved them all. Definitely liked the limited capacity better though. Was planning to attend both TAB and the 9/4 JRAD show but Mrs. 8893 has put the kabosh on them because of Delta concerns.

Gonna make the call for myself closer to the shows...

Reaction Score
Never heard of them, they sound really good, but those saying "thought they were another jam band, I was wrong" I don't understand...

I listened to the 1st song from that live CO show and that was my immediate impression of their vibe. Phishy-Blues Traveler-Jam Band du jour vibe.

But again, enjoyable to listen to.

Reaction Score
Never heard of them, they sound really good, but those saying "thought they were another jam band, I was wrong" I don't understand...

I listened to the 1st song from that live CO show and that was my immediate impression of their vibe. Phishy-Blues Traveler-Jam Band du jour vibe.

But again, enjoyable to listen to
I would say the main difference between goose and other jam bands, is gooses music is far more “digestible “to the average music fan. Almost like the pop artists of the jam band scene… With a little autotune thrown in. And they put out really great energy… Especially Pete. Definitely worth checking out, just make sure you get your tickets AFTER I get mine

Curiouser
Reaction Score
With a little autotune thrown in.
I think you just identified the one aspect of their music that I don't like, but my daughters have called me out enough for being the old man yelling at clouds in that respect these days that I realize I am increasingly in the minority.

Reaction Score
I think you just identified the one aspect of their music that I don't like, but my daughters have called me out enough for being the old man yelling at clouds in that respect these days that I realize I am increasingly in the minority.
Autotune sucks when it's used all the time because the people can't sing. The lead singer has a great voice, when you use autotune sparingly it's a cool effect like a wah wah pedal or talk box but it stinks when it's used all the time and for people who can't sing. Do they use it a lot? I hadn't noticed but also haven't listened to too much of them.

Reaction Score
Autotune sucks when it's used all the time because the people can't sing. The lead singer has a great voice, when you use autotune sparingly it's a cool effect like a wah wah pedal or talk box but it stinks when it's used all the time and for people who can't sing. Do they use it a lot? I hadn't noticed but also haven't listened to too much of them.
not a lot - he has a great voice....it is for effect like you mentioned and works w/. some tunes. It is the lone knock I hear new fans mention about Goose until they get it.

Reaction Score
not a lot - he has a great voice....it is for effect like you mentioned and works w/. some tunes. It is the lone knock I hear new fans mention about Goose until they get it.
Studio “into the myst” is probably the worst example of this, but I sort of love it. Agree with previous posters. Think of it like a guitar effect….

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Thx for posting, and with a chance to listen and check out Neighbor.

Eggy's keyboard player was my next door neighbor before the band all moved in together, and I've seen (and liked) them a number of times.
Me and Dani are in Scott Murawski’s band on Friday night at Camp creek in a couple weeks.

love Dani.

Eggy is a fantastic band and great kids. They’ve worked really really hard the last couple years and it’s paying off. They used to be a pretty regular opener for us in a former band I was in before they were even drinking age. It’s been wonderful to watch their growth

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

But again, enjoyable to listen to.

As someone learning about this band in real time, I just clicked at random on the 13-minute mark in Zionn's link and heard a song that sounded like it had been snatched off a Yes album from 1972 and then clicked on the video that Superjohn posted and about 30 seconds in they got funkier than Phish has ever gotten in 30+ years.

So I see why people are saying they're not Phish.

Interested in hearing more.

Reaction Score
one thing my Brother likes about them....he constantly says that they sound like this band, and that band, back to this band. Very assuming their range.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
funkier than Phish has ever gotten in 30+ years.
Demonstrably false.

But it is fascincating to see how many n00bs prefer autotune like you do.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Demonstrably false.

But it is fascincating to see how many n00bs prefer autotune like you do.

Phish has no soul. And Gordon is a pederast, although that's besides the point.

I, Mr. Yes-Loving-Noob, don't like autotune. But I'd rather listen to an autotuned cat dying than Phish's musical masturbation.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Phish has no soul. And Gordon is a pederast, although that's besides the point.

I, Mr. Yes-Loving-Noob, don't like autotune. But I'd rather listen to an autotuned cat dying than Phish's musical masturbation.
Well I never liked Yes because of the whole high-pitched male singing voice bias I have, but that's also besides the point.

I've been seeing Phish live regularly since 1985 and, while I have preferred some phases to others, I would beg to differ both with respect to their "soul" and with how you characterize their music. But that number of shows over decades likely gives me a different perspective and base of experience than you have.

As you have noted, we all have preferences; I just continue to find it interesting that you are apparently unable to articulate what you like about your preferences except as a contrast to something you malign. I rarely trust the ears of people who have that tendency, because they usually have much more of a desire to be judgmental than curious.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom