Good game between S. Caro. and Texas A&M | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Good game between S. Caro. and Texas A&M

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
I don't get the sense that Boston, or SC teams in general, are known for "not being in shape." I'd say quite the opposite.

SC has 4 losses this year, one to Tennesse and three to likely #1 seeds (UConn, A&M, NC State). They also have wins over Gonzaga, Kentucky (Twice), Arkansas, and Georgia. They may not be a final four team this year, but I didn't feel like they were outclassed by anyone they lost to (I did not see the Tennesse game, where I know they gave up a big lead). Their defense, rebounding, and size will be a lot for most teams to get through. I could see them on a bad shooting night losing in the sweet 16; I could also easily see them getting to the championship game. Will depend on matchups and if enough of their shooters can have good games.

Reaction Score
UCONN has 11 NC's. what kind of prep would have made it 12 or 13 or 14? Not meant as an attack on you, but people really need to give the "UCONN's conference sucks" a rest.

UCONN has had one of the top 10 SOS's in the entire nation over the past 20 years. We constantly play tough OOC games. UCONN is NEVER going to get in to a P5 conference (our football program is crap), so you all better hope that the Big East on the women's side becomes like the Big East on the men's side.

So with a top 10 SOS almost every single year, and 11 NC's, UCONN is traditionally more ready for the NCAA's than any other program in the history of WCBB.

So aside from whining (again, not you) about "waaaahhh the Big East is terrible", what do people want. WE GET IT - THE BIG EAST IS NOT ONE OF THE BEST CONFERENCES IN THE NATION. Constantly talking about it is just stupid. There I said it. Stupid.
You people who keep saying never are usually either not graduates or don't live in CT. The football program did very well in the first 10 years. UConn will easily get into a P5 one day. We have obviously loads of fans who have no link to the state.

Louisville has only 2 or 3 national titles. We have over 20.

Reaction Score
SCar's guards fail time after time to get the ball to their posts when they're in position. It just doesn't seem to be part of their basketball DNA. Let me amend that. Henderson had 6 of the teams 11 assists, but most of her assists are off the dribble. Once again these two guards show what poor shooters they are by shooting 10-32. Once again Boston had less shots than either guard. Once again in order to get any shots she had to pull outside and went 1-4 from the arc. Yes, 4 of her 11 shots were from the arc.

This is a poor passing, poor shooting team. Dawn's offense is grab the rebound and run to the hoop. When that fails dump it inside. When that fails, guards please create. That is not an offense system. I've complained before that Dawn failed to realize that when you have a dominant center you need to surround that post with shooters. Some good and unselfish passers would help as well. I don't see any great shooters coming next year either. IMO these loses are not the players fault. I put SCar's loses solely on the shoulders of Dawn.
In a nut shell!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I deleted some unflattering speculation about A Boston’s perceived lack of fitness. Knock it off.

I have no knowledge of why Boston might get breathless during games but it occurred to me she might have been exposed to the coronavirus. Young people that get it often have no symptoms except for a lingering lack of endurance or some scarring in their lungs. Did Boston have coronavirus? - I have no idea, but it’s more plausible than assuming she’s lazy, too heavy, or (stunningly) not that great a player after all.

Why do people always assume the worst?

Reaction Score
If someone gave it to her, that's fine. If Dawn has her own brand, that is unseemly and possibly a conflict of interest. How about S.C. gear or colors?
The shirt she wore today was from a small business in Columbia called dot seven(I think). Since there are few fans this year she has tried to promote different businesses or ideas by wearing donated hoodies. It started with the WNBA orange hoodie. Dawn has a National following and has used her platform to help others. The A’ja sweatshirt came from a shop in Vegas and they can’t keep up with the orders. Same with Dotseven. She highlighted a suicide awareness shirt earlier that sent proceeds to that. I know many of you don’t like Dawn but she does an insane amount of good for people.

Reaction Score
SCar's guards fail time after time to get the ball to their posts when they're in position. It just doesn't seem to be part of their basketball DNA. Let me amend that. Henderson had 6 of the teams 11 assists, but most of her assists are off the dribble. Once again these two guards show what poor shooters they are by shooting 10-32. Once again Boston had less shots than either guard. Once again in order to get any shots she had to pull outside and went 1-4 from the arc. Yes, 4 of her 11 shots were from the arc.

This is a poor passing, poor shooting team. Dawn's offense is grab the rebound and run to the hoop. When that fails dump it inside. When that fails, guards please create. That is not an offense system. I've complained before that Dawn failed to realize that when you have a dominant center you need to surround that post with shooters. Some good and unselfish passers would help as well. I don't see any great shooters coming next year either. IMO these loses are not the players fault. I put SCar's loses solely on the shoulders of Dawn.
And this is the Olympic coach? Too funny.

Reaction Score
I deleted some unflattering speculation about A Boston’s perceived lack of fitness. Knock it off.

I have no knowledge of why Boston might get breathless during games but it occurred to me she might have been exposed to the coronavirus. Young people that get it often have no symptoms except for a lingering lack of endurance or some scarring in their lungs. Did Boston have coronavirus? - I have no idea, but it’s more plausible than assuming she’s lazy, too heavy, or (stunningly) not that great a player after all.

Why do people always assume the worst?
Because its more interesting. Which would people watch more..an accident or someone pulling up at a stop sign making a full stop and then safely going on their way?

Reaction Score
South Carolina is an example of how long a preseason perception can trump the on court reality,
We have been saying all year A&M should have been ranked higher. The SEC is brutal this year. A&M, SC, Tenn, Arkansas, Kentucky and Georgia all can win on any given night. The fact that A&M went thru that gauntlet with only one loss but was stuck out of the top 10 for most of the season was a joke. They might be the best team in the nation because they are deep at every position - there are no holes.

Reaction Score
The shirt she wore today was from a small business in Columbia called dot seven(I think). Since there are few fans this year she has tried to promote different businesses or ideas by wearing donated hoodies. It started with the WNBA orange hoodie. Dawn has a National following and has used her platform to help others. The A’ja sweatshirt came from a shop in Vegas and they can’t keep up with the orders. Same with Dotseven. She highlighted a suicide awareness shirt earlier that sent proceeds to that. I know many of you don’t like Dawn but she does an insane amount of good for people.
I might be in the minority, but I actually like her. I’m pissed Kerry Bascom got two cheap fouls in the first two minutes, so that Staley’s UVA team knocked us out in our first FF. But that was the refs’ fault.

Reaction Score
Yes, I watched the game today. Boston sat out like 6 minutes in the first quarter and then she took another shorter break in the 2nd quarter. I challenge the top 100 college basketball experts to choose today between Boston and our Aaliyah. I don't care what position they are listed at. What % chooses our Aaliyah or their Aliyah.
BTW I think we want to play them again. I said after the first SC game that we could have beaten them by 20. How about after seeing SC today and how UConn has been playing the last couple of weeks. Bring it on.
Yeah on here she gets vilified for everything...what she wears, what she says, what she doesn't say, her guards, her post players, her offense her defense, the banners.... On the flip side of that she sure does take up space over here. :) The fact that she has made SC a top contender without a ton of top 10 recruits (up to this point) is a testament to her. She is obviously doing a LOT right.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
We have been saying all year A&M should have been ranked higher. The SEC is brutal this year. A&M, SC, Tenn, Arkansas, Kentucky and Georgia all can win on any given night. The fact that A&M went thru that gauntlet with only one loss but was stuck out of the top 10 for most of the season was a joke. They might be the best team in the nation because they are deep at every position - there are no holes.
and the Wiley Gray Fox Garry Blair.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
UCONN has 11 NC's. what kind of prep would have made it 12 or 13 or 14? Not meant as an attack on you, but people really need to give the "UCONN's conference sucks" a rest.

UCONN has had one of the top 10 SOS's in the entire nation over the past 20 years. We constantly play tough OOC games. UCONN is NEVER going to get in to a P5 conference (our football program is crap), so you all better hope that the Big East on the women's side becomes like the Big East on the men's side.

So with a top 10 SOS almost every single year, and 11 NC's, UCONN is traditionally more ready for the NCAA's than any other program in the history of WCBB.

So aside from whining (again, not you) about "waaaahhh the Big East is terrible", what do people want. WE GET IT - THE BIG EAST IS NOT ONE OF THE BEST CONFERENCES IN THE NATION. Constantly talking about it is just stupid. There I said it. Stupid.
Psychologically they need to have something to blame, both for past losses and for anticipated future losses. So what better scapegoat than something that's entirely out of UConn's control, the conference affiliation. And what better way to set up your scapegoat than to harp on it ad nauseam.

Yeah, the SEC does such a wonderful job of preparing its member teams to win the NCAA tournament. So much so that they've won a whopping ONE title in the past 23 seasons.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Psychologically they need to have something to blame, both for past losses and for anticipated future losses. So what better scapegoat than something that's entirely out of UConn's control, the conference affiliation. And what better way to set up your scapegoat than to harp on it ad nauseam.

Yeah, the SEC does such a wonderful job of preparing its member teams to win the NCAA tournament. So much so that they've won a whopping ONE title in the past 23 seasons.
Tennessee did win in '07 and '08.

On the other hand, it's been 28 years since the PAC-12 held up the trophy.

Reaction Score
And before you grab that second cup someone is going to feel obligated to point out the Texas A&M win in 2011-which was actually 1 year before A&M joined the SEC. That won't stop some from trying to take SEC credit though.
and once again factual information with an omission of another fact to serve an agenda maybe ? The conference accepted Texas A&M University on Sept. 25, 2011, and University of Missouri on Nov. 6, 2011 as memebrs.

Reaction Score
You people who keep saying never are usually either not graduates or don't live in CT. The football program did very well in the first 10 years. UConn will easily get into a P5 one day. We have obviously loads of fans who have no link to the state.

Louisville has only 2 or 3 national titles. We have over 20.
None in football!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
and once again factual information with an omission of another fact to serve an agenda maybe ? The conference accepted Texas A&M University on Sept. 25, 2011, and University of Missouri on Nov. 6, 2011 as memebrs.
Okay, 6 months. April is before September so Texas A&M won its national championship on April 6 2011 as a member of the Big 12. Isn't that a fact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom