Good fit for Inés? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Good fit for Inés?

Reaction Score
Am I missing something? Let me know.

Gandy and Kelis are verbal commits to UConn. They can't sign the letter of intent until that week in early
November during their senior class. Right or wrong?
While they have been offered schollies....and accepted that offer...they are not signed yet.
I'll wager that Geno has not commented on their abilities yet...only will do that after the letters arrive
in Storrs.
In a Boneyard thread from HUSKY NAN (elsewhere on Boneyard where she lists the future Huskies
from the Class of 2024 (CHELI. STRONG, Ziebell) through Class of 2026 etc.) Gandy Malou-Mamel and
Kelis Fisher are listed as "COMMITMENT to UCONN" (see far right under the "interest" column. My
post #24 (see above) did not mention "letter of intent" (LOI) only "commitment". As an example:
for Morgan Cheli and Allie Ziebell, Husky Nan has their designation as "SIGNED WITH UCONN".
When I refer to Players of Interest (POI) I use the term to refer to the column of HUSKY NAN's thread
where she comments on "UCONN OFFER?" (column two, next to the player's name). I think the responders to
my post #24 were confusing "LOI" (signed) with my use of " commitment ". Clearly not the same thing.
So, in my response to FAIRFIELD FAN in threat # 20 I was clarifying that Gandy, in my mind, is no longer
a "recruit" but a "commitment". SOMEWHAT CONFUSING... but that was my intent to differentiate
the category that Gandy was part of. GO HUSKIES!!! I leave a finer clarification to the lawyers and savants!
PAX. Z

Reaction Score
Dear Fairfield Fan,
Good question! The answer is because Gandy Malou-Mamel is NOT a prospect. Ms. Malou-Mamel
is a COMMITTED (as in signed, sealed, but not delivered) member of the UCONN WBB class of 2025-2026.
Gandy is in the same category as Kelis Fisher, who also is no longer a "prospect" because Kelis has also
signed her letter of intent to join the HUSKIES.
See the thread with the UCONN WOMEN's Basketball
Scholarship Grid. Both young ladies are on the Scholarship grid. The PROSPECTS and/or Players of Interest (POI)
are looking to fill the "OPEN" category on the grid. Those open slots will be formally determined IN THE FUTURE
based upon a lot of things: Graduation, players taking "Red Shirt" (injury) extra years, etc., etc. It can be very confusing.
You'd better read this again. You're stating that both have signed with UConn.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
So, has there been any news regarding potential landing spots for Ines?

Reaction Score
You'd better read this again. You're stating that both have signed with UConn.
I was just into "little" Stevie Wonder's song, i.e. lyrics of " signed, sealed, delivered, ... I am yours".

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Why doesn't Villanova take a look at her, and why doesn't she go there? They obviously need a point guard, and I think she would be as comfortable there as she was in Storrs. And she would have two or three chances every season to show Geno that he goofed (if he did).

I know she is not Lucy Olsen, just as Lucy is not Caitlin Clark.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom