Gonzaga schedules H&H with Kentucky | The Boneyard

Gonzaga schedules H&H with Kentucky

Reaction Score
I’d love to see us get a H&H vs a true blue blood soon. If Gonzaga can get Kentucky to come to Spokane, we should be able to get Kansas or Duke to come to Storrs.
I'd still like to do a Boston-Seattle "home and home" with the Zags.

We'll see who we get after Florida.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I'd still like to do a Boston-Seattle "home and home" with the Zags.

We'll see who we get after Florida.
They did that in the mid/late 2000s

Reaction Score
Would love zona or UNC, both of whom we’ve had home and homes with before. Texas as well I think? Ohio state would be fun. As would bama with Oates.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Why can’t we have nice things?

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Would love zona or UNC, both of whom we’ve had home and homes with before. Texas as well I think? Ohio state would be fun. As would bama with Oates.
No doubt Arizona, OSU, Texas or Bama would be good matchups, but I want to bring UNC (probably most likely), Duke, Kansas, Kentucky or UCLA to Storrs and return the favor with a game in one of their famed arenas.

Reaction Score
No doubt Arizona, OSU, Texas or Bama would be good matchups, but I want to bring UNC (probably most likely), Duke, Kansas, Kentucky or UCLA to Storrs and return the favor with a game in one of their famed arenas.
I’d actually think Kansas is the most likely due to the Big East-Big 12 Challange

Reaction Score
Why can’t we have nice things?

We do. 4 of them.

1659538951710.png

Reaction Score
Kentucky's OOC is insane. Ours will never look like this but there is really no excuse for scheduling more than 2 cupcakes. We should be loading up on P5 names, even if it's lower level P5's like Rutgers. Enough with the constant slate of 300+ ranked Kenpom teams that do nothing to get us prepared for Big East play

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I’d actually think Kansas is the most likely due to the Big East-Big 12 Challange
Yeah, Kansas may be out because of the potential for a challenge match-up. Which would be amazing, but I’d love to see a true H&H series with them.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Kentucky's OOC is insane. Ours will never look like this but there is really no excuse for scheduling more than 2 cupcakes. We should be loading up on P5 names, even if it's lower level P5's like Rutgers. Enough with the constant slate of 300+ ranked Kenpom teams that do nothing to get us prepared for Big East play

I assume Kentucky will add 3-4 more cupcakes to this (total of 4) unless one of those games listed is the first of a MTE. Looks like they have another 4 OOC games they can schedule. But still, that’s an insane schedule.

Reaction Score
Kentucky and Gonzaga schedule a true home and home and some of you want to schedule neutral site games with them. Brain worms, my God.
It's almost like some of us live near Boston and want them to schedule there and so seeing a team announced that we have previously scheduled there reminds us of those things.

Reaction Score
i want kentucky or duke. we could get Ku in the challenge and we had a HH with UNC in 04-05. i went to the 05 game at xl (my profile pic is from the 04 game at carolina). they beat us both games.

Reaction Score
I’d love to see us get a H&H vs a true blue blood soon. If Gonzaga can get Kentucky to come to Spokane, we should be able to get Kansas or Duke to come to Storrs.
it'd be nice, but there's no way Duke would come to Hartford or Storrs. They'd insist on a NYC game.

Reaction Score
It’s very easy to get from Boston to Storrs or Hartford, my dude
I live north of the city. It's 1 hour 45 min to Storrs with no traffic from my house (and Hartford is similar), so a 3 hr 30 min round trip. Or 20 min to TD Garden and I can take uber or a commuter train that's walkable from both my house and lets out directly under the arena. You do the math, my dude.

I get to a couple games a year as is, but it'd be nice to have an easy game once a decade. Good excuse to bring some family who are fans up from CT for the night, too.

Reaction Score
I live north of the city. It's 1 hour 45 min to Storrs with no traffic from my house (and Hartford is similar), so a 3 hr 30 min round trip. Or 20 min to TD Garden and I can take uber or a commuter train that's walkable from both my house and lets out directly under the arena. You do the math, my dude.

I get to a couple games a year as is, but it'd be nice to have an easy game once a decade. Good excuse to bring some family who are fans up from CT for the night, too.
Just to make it easier for you what dates/times are you available - is there a local high school gym that would be even more convenient?

Reaction Score
Just to make it easier for you what dates/times are you available - is there a local high school gym that would be even more convenient?
Ha ha. Again, I'm sorry for hoping they'd schedule a game in a neighboring major city (10th largest media market) with a bazillion alumni once every 2 decades (it's been 15 years and counting). It seems like we're going to often play in NYC 3x+ a year now, plus South Orange, NJ. Would love if they threw us a bone and scheduled the flexible 1 of those (ala the St. Bonnie's Barclays game) in Boston every 3-5 years, but honestly I'd be psyched if it was once a decade.

Wouldn't be an issue if BC was still in the Big East, but I have to think the 1st game in Boston does more for the UConn brand than the 20th game in the NYC metro every 4 years. Claiming to be "NYC's team" hasn't seemed to move the needle in conference realignment (and the marginal gain from one more game every few years basically doesn't matter on that front). Recruiting wise, we do pull from Boston somewhat often and it's easier for a lot of the NEPSAC kids to get to Boston, too. Schedule makers don't seem to care, though, so all I can do is make the case on a fan message board.

Last edited:

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
TBH I am a little surprised we don't try to play in Boston at least once every 4 years, considering the size of the alumni base there & amount of good recruits we have pulled from the area. Just don't know what opponent would make sense to play there (are there any big college fan bases in MA that aren't UConn or another New England school?) that would out draw a game in Storrs or Hartford. Could they fill the arena for UConn vs Texas/Bama/OSU/Arizona? IDK...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom