OT: Golf Simulator? | The Boneyard

OT: Golf Simulator?

Reaction Score
If you want to keep it under 3k for the set up, SkyTrak. Very solid option for starting your research. (Avoid Optigolf, its cheap, but not nearly as good as a real simulator like SkyTrak)

If you want a super high end, a GC2 for ~12k

Or you can spend 50k on a professional set up that guys on the Tour use, go for the Full Swing

Reaction Score
I built a simulator with a Skytrak in my shed. Absolutely love it, able to practice all winter. Make sure you have enough width and height to swing your driver.

As for which one, it depends on how deep your pockets are and how much room you have behind the ball. The Skytrak costs about $2000 and requires less room than the Mevo+, which is the same price. I recommend buying a used projector on Ebay.

Reaction Score
And that is the fly in the ointment. Blame Covid. I've heard 16 weeks, so 10 is not bad.

Attachments

• st-sim1.jpg
    st-sim1.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 142
Reaction Score
Anyone have one?? I am thinking of building an addition to my house and making a room for a simulator, which brand to get?
Got a SkyTrack last year, it is great. I had to wait close to 3 months for it though, not sure if the backlog is still as bad

Reaction Score
Don't have one personally but my uncle owns an indoor golf/bar in NY and I believe those are SkyTrak which he loves

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Got a SkyTrack last year, it is great. I had to wait close to 3 months for it though, not sure if the backlog is still as bad
So do you feel the way it gives you feedback (ie interprets your swing) translates well to your real outdoor game.

Reaction Score
So do you feel the way it gives you feedback (ie interprets your swing) translates well to your real outdoor game.
Well I did not use it ton in the summer/fall as I was able to actually play, but I have been using it a ton in late fall and winter and I hope it translates to some improvement in my game. Weather is improving in Mass so we will see soon, I hope.

Reaction Score

I don’t think they do or at least the ones we visit. Oakwood in Glastonbury is nice we played StAndrews on the large curved screen it’s very cool. But no way are the yards measured consistent or correct. Still fun and it’s winter so just nice to swing. We have a tee time at Shenny Thursday anyway this week.

Reaction Score
Skytrack is nice. Look into Flightscope as well.

If you get yourself a nice mat and plan on swinging regularly off of those mats, make sure you check your loft and lie angles especially if you have forged irons after a while.

Because the winter for me is pretty long, I had to re-adjust my lie angle on my Mizuno forged irons many months of hitting off of a mat and on the course.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Where are your favorite indoor simulators offered in CT?

Reaction Score
Skytrack is nice. Look into Flightscope as well.

If you get yourself a nice mat and plan on swinging regularly off of those mats, make sure you check your loft and lie angles especially if you have forged irons after a while.

Because the winter for me is pretty long, I had to re-adjust my lie angle on my Mizuno forged irons many months of hitting off of a mat and on the course.
Excellent point, driving range mats are notorious for this.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Where are your favorite indoor simulators offered in CT?
In Stamford at the newish Bobby V's. I may or may not have spent a few lunch hours there Pre-Covid.

Reaction Score
LOL, getting all kinds of banner ads for Skytrack now, love those Algos"

Reaction Score
LOL, getting all kinds of banner ads for Skytrack now, love those Algos"
That's going to cost you money eventually. You won't be able to avoid the spell. :) 'Might as well just order one today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom