Golf shoe recommended? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Golf shoe recommended?

Reaction Score
Want to replace old golf shoes for something more supportive and comfortable. I walk the course. Old shoes are Footjoy Flex (I think). Waterproof would be nice too for morning dew. What do you like?

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Last year it was time to replace mine, and I bought a pair of Adidas and a pair of New Balance. Size 14 feet, I have to buy online and send back if they're not good, so Zappos it is. But these were both excellent. Both are very comfortable, barely know you have them on.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
$50 adidas off Amazon have last me like 6 years
1621441653109.png

Adidas Men's Tech Response 4.0 Golf Shoes​

$59.99 at Dick's

Reaction Score
I need something more comfortable than my Footjoy Contours. I got those for waterproofness, but that makes them hot. I want something light and breathable. Spikeless, I usually drive in my golf shoes.

I need a 10 Wide, although Eccos fit me due to the Euro 10/10.5 sizing. I have never found a pair of Adidas that will fit on my feet. Don't like the styles of most FJ very much. Struck out at the outlet mall and Dick's sporting goods so far. Nothing. Will need to drive to Golfer's Warehouse in Cranston I guess.
What kind of style? Sneaker? Traditional?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What kind of style? Sneaker? Traditional?

More sneaker. I may end up with Eccos, but ideally I want something more lightweight and breathable. I’m keeping my FJs for wet days. I want something that approximates my running shoes with grippy soft spikeless spikes, if I can find it. Maybe I should get trail running shoes and play in those.

There is an LPGA golfer that plays in these. Very tempting.

Reaction Score
More sneaker. I may end up with Eccos, but ideally I want something more lightweight and breathable. I’m keeping my FJs for wet days. I want something that approximates my running shoes with grippy soft spikeless spikes, if I can find it. Maybe I should get trail running shoes and play in those.

There is an LPGA golfer that plays in these. Very tempting.
Highly recommend trying the Puma Ignites. I was hesitant to go Puma as they have a tendency to run narrow but a buddy convinced me and they’re the most comfortable golf shoes I’ve had.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Highly recommend trying the Puma Ignites. I was hesitant to go Puma as they have a tendency to run narrow but a buddy convinced me and they’re the most comfortable golf shoes I’ve had.

Couldn’t get the 10.5 on my size 10 foot (same as Adidas). If I can find a wide I’d give them a shot. Thought they looked pretty good.

Reaction Score
Couldn’t get the 10.5 on my size 10 foot (same as Adidas). If I can find a wide I’d give them a shot. Thought they looked pretty good.
Interesting. I actually had to size down from a 12.5 in adidas to an 11.5 in Puma because they ran so much larger (though they are definitely on the narrower side).

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Interesting. I actually had to size down from a 12.5 in adidas to an 11.5 in Puma because they ran so much larger (though they are definitely on the narrower side).

To be fair, I can't get an Adidas 11 on my size 10 either, so Puma seemed bigger. I have a wide foot and high arches, so the overall volume around the midsole is high.

When I briefly tried skiing, it would take me about 15 minutes a foot to get a boot on (custom fitted), with assistance. Knew I should have tried snowboarding instead. It's why I love running shoes, the stretchy mesh upper helps. That is kind of what I'm looking for in a golf shoe, something with upper that has more give and breathability.

Has anybody tried these? TRUE linkswear | Men's Knit II

Reaction Score
A couple guys at my course are swearing by the new true linkswear shoes. They look flat to me and I have a ridiculously wide and arched foot, so I don’t have any first person experience.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
A couple guys at my course are swearing by the new true linkswear shoes. They look flat to me and I have a ridiculously wide and arched foot, so I don’t have any first person experience.

I'm now looking at these over the Knit II TRUE linkswear | Men's OG Feel These are zero drop, which doesn't mean no arch support. I actually get better arch support in some zero drop shoes because my heel isn't elevated. I'm on my second pair of these and I love them. OluKai Nohea Moku - Sharkskin | Men's Sneakers Fantastic arch support.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
My Ecco $35 Ebay used golf shoes arrived, on my feet they feel good, a bit snug, these are sneaker style and spikeless. The size 44 is good size for me, my old Footjoy Flex are 10 and these seem same size. I swapped out the Ecco insole for orthotic insole that I usually wear in sneakers for arch support- shoes now seem slightly tight, especially in the toe box, but it isn't bad, just a bit noticeable. Well, I'll try them on the course and see.
Another option is to go with Footjoy Dry Joy, they seem to have pairs on Ebay for $100 or so, I know the Footjoys fit well (based on my Flex pair), and the Dry Joys look classier/more shoe-like than sneaker, which is what I want (I think).

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
My Ecco $35 Ebay used golf shoes arrived, on my feet they feel good, a bit snug, these are sneaker style and spikeless. The size 44 is good size for me, my old Footjoy Flex are 10 and these seem same size. I swapped out the Ecco insole for orthotic insole that I usually wear in sneakers for arch support- shoes now seem slightly tight, especially in the toe box, but it isn't bad, just a bit noticeable. Well, I'll try them on the course and see.
Another option is to go with Footjoy Dry Joy, they seem to have pairs on Ebay for $100 or so, I know the Footjoys fit well (based on my Flex pair), and the Dry Joys look classier/more shoe-like than sneaker, which is what I want (I think).

Which orthotic insert do you use?

Reaction Score
Hi, they are pretty generic, nothing custom made- Sole makes them. Had small case of plantar fasciitis and foot doctor recommended them, but I think they were $40-50

Reaction Score
Hi, they are pretty generic, nothing custom made- Sole makes them. Had small case of plantar fasciitis and foot doctor recommended them, but I think they were $40-50
I have the flattest feet known to man (to the point where I had to do PT at one point and the therapist was calling the PT students and other therapists over to take a look). I have really expensive custom ones but have largely switched over to super feet (I use green and black), which are by far the most supportive I’ve tried of many many readily available ones.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I ordered the True Linkswear OG Feel, so I'll report back after I get them.

I have the True Links originals, I think that is the one. They are fantastic. Replaced my Adidas with them mainly because I mostly was golfing early morning and my Adidas were not waterproof so I was changing my socks by the 9th hole.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I bought Puma Ignites with the boa lacing late last season for like $89.99 online and love them. I forget which site but I just googled them and they're a tad bit more expensive right now.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
will check them out, look like allbirds for rectangular feet. thanks!
I have the True Links originals, I think that is the one. They are fantastic. Replaced my Adidas with them mainly because I mostly was golfing early morning and my Adidas were not waterproof so I was changing my socks by the 9th hole.

The True Linkswear arrived today. Definitely very snug around the middle of the foot/top of the foot below the ankle. Toes have room. Given the price, these may need to go back. Too bad because they are otherwise really nice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom