Going to be in Manhattan | The Boneyard

Going to be in Manhattan

Reaction Score
Saw the what to do in Philly thread and thought id post something similar. Ill be Manhattan in a couple weeks and was looking for some food spots and other entertainment within walking distance of MSG. Any suggestions would be great.

Reaction Score
The high line is a few blocks away and it's pretty cool. In the other direction you're pretty close to Koreatown if you're into Asian food. Few blocks from sweetgreen which has awesome salads/bowls, small chain fast casual spot I quite like.

Reaction Score
Saw the what to do in Philly thread and thought id post something similar. Ill be Manhattan in a couple weeks and was looking for some food spots and other entertainment within walking distance of MSG. Any suggestions would be great.

Can a MOD OT this, nobody cares you’re going to be in Manhattan.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
In all seriousness, there are two Shorty’s locations within walking distance of MSG; they specialize in South Philly style sandwiches and make a very good Roast Pork Special, among other things. They have good taps and several TVs. Rattle n Hum West is also close with great taps and decent food.

Reaction Score
I’ll be in Brooklyn tomorrow. Any suggestions?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I’ll be in Brooklyn tomorrow. Any suggestions?
They just opened a Shorty’s there, too. But I would go to Mugg’s or Spuyten Duyvil, or Other Half brewery. Or Brooklyn Cider House if you like hard ciders.

Check Brooklyn Bowl schedule for live music. Also good food and taps there. And bowling.

Reaction Score
I will be in Ft Lee, NJ next week. Looking for Mr. Vader's house. Anyone know the address?

Reaction Score
Nobody cares you’re going to be in Brooklyn.

You cared enough to respond. Im changing my plans I will also be in NYC and am looking for some food spots and other entertainment within walking distance of MSG. Any suggestions would be great.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
You cared enough to respond. Im changing my plans I will also be in NYC and am looking for some food spots and other entertainment within walking distance of MSG. Any suggestions would be great.
Sheesh. Is this how you talk to people in person who ask you for restaurant suggestions?

Reaction Score
I have lived in Manhattan for 12 years - what are you looking for? Turntable Mad For Chicken is fantastic on 33rd.

Reaction Score
Steak, Steak and more Steak. Can start a thread just on steak joints. Try and find spots to eat all over (China Town,, Harlem, Fulton Fish Market, Brooklyn: Peter Luga's, and don't neglect the delis). Also the weather should be great so stroll in Central Park, and Battery Park. If you got a car try City Island in the Bronx. The village for jazz clubs.

Dinner cruise around Manhattan, China Town, Time Square, Downtown (Fulton Fish Market, Wall St area), Bradley Park. Get discount tix to a play (any play), Wednesday is discount day on Broadway). Should be a lot of outdoor musicians, shows and other sidewalk stuff going on. Of course you got museums for rainy days.

Its hard to tell you what to do, and the hot spots to hit, because whatever you do won't be a mistake.

Also check out the websites of activities going on during your stay there. The subway can be your best friend, getting around, no need for taxis, or even Uber.

I will say that you don't have to go broke enjoying the City, Sometimes you can sit in a spot for a couple of hours and see more than you would in a week out in California. I'll put some headphones on and just chill lookin at the pretty ladies.

Spring and Summer is a great time to 'experience' the City. Whatever you do always be street smart in NYC, in addition to 'tourist smart'

Reaction Score
Steak, Steak and more Steak. Can start a thread just on steak joints. Try and find spots to eat all over (China Town,, Harlem, Fulton Fish Market, Brooklyn: Peter Luga's, and don't neglect the delis). Also the weather should be great so stroll in Central Park, and Battery Park. If you got a car try City Island in the Bronx. The village for jazz clubs.

Dinner cruise around Manhattan, China Town, Time Square, Downtown (Fulton Fish Market, Wall St area), Bradley Park. Get discount tix to a play (any play), Wednesday is discount day on Broadway). Should be a lot of outdoor musicians, shows and other sidewalk stuff going on. Of course you got museums for rainy days.

Its hard to tell you what to do, and the hot spots to hit, because whatever you do won't be a mistake.

Also check out the websites of activities going on during your stay there. The subway can be your best friend, getting around, no need for taxis, or even Uber.

I will say that you don't have to go broke enjoying the City, Sometimes you can sit in a spot for a couple of hours and see more than you would in a week out in California. I'll put some headphones on and just chill lookin at the pretty ladies.

Spring and Summer is a great time to 'experience' the City. Whatever you do always be street smart in NYC, in addition to 'tourist smart'
Awesome! Thanks.

Reaction Score
All depends what you are looking for.

Best NY slice is NY Pizza Suprema.
Turntable chicken jazz is a good spot as someone previously mentioned (double fried korean chicken)
Keens Steakhouse for a mutton chop if you are looking to spend $$$ for goooood food.
Refinery Rooftop if you are a 20 something looking to party with someone bougie people.
Barcade if you are a nerd and want to play old school arcarde games.
Hooters if you are looking for... well you know.
Don Angie is decent walk to West Vill but is awesome for modern italian american cuisine.

You can pretty much do anything you want to do, be a little more specific with what you are looking for and we can try to help you out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom