Going small was the right move | The Boneyard

Going small was the right move

Reaction Score
Took a while but Hurley figured it out. Hurley couldn't find an effective group until Whaley became the center. The small line up was much better defensively and the offense was decent all night. First time we really depended on this group.

Anyways. Never thought we would lose at any point. But UMES shot just under 50% and almost 40% from the arc. That will win most nights.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
good, fun game. curveballs all around, with tyrese and whatnot, but coach has a real strong plan, and tonite called for the team whaley defense.
jalen is becoming indispensible. cole has played long enough here to know that rj is a 100%, red blooded bucket getter. very cool. i was wondering if he is/will be the greatest UConn transfer? his game tonite was kind of el stinko, but he seems to always deliver. and get buckets. our season ended last year when he went down.

Reaction Score
Adama was on the bench with back issues and Akok was just on the bench. Tyrese not available. AJ, Wrench, RJ, Hawkins, Tyler and Gaff were what was available.

Reaction Score
Cole Hawkins Polley Akok Whaley.

I love Adama, but the nature of his offensive game hampers spacing for the team. Whenever he is off the floor, I want this lineup.

Reaction Score
Cole Hawkins Polley Akok Whaley.

I love Adama, but the nature of his offensive game hampers spacing for the team. Whenever he is off the floor, I want this lineup.
Btw, some of our best stretches vs Auburn were with this group (or Martin instead of Akok).

Reaction Score
Akok should have played more.
Maybe if he played harder and didn't look lost constantly. He is what he is. A 22 yo shot blocker who hits a 3 ptr every other game. Otherwise, his offense and defense needs lots of work. That's why he doesn't play a lot. Tick tock.

Reaction Score
Well we shouldn’t let a team of that quality come close to those percentages
You can't block every shot. They're going to make X number per game, affected by D. Today they rolled a high value for X.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Akok wanders without purpose from time to time. Makes you wonder whether he's lost within the offensive or defensive scheme or confused with basic principles. Offensively, maybe moving him out of the corner and into the high post, three line extended would get him more engaged as a passer and rebounder. No clue what the answer is defensively. If he's not shotblocking, he's a liability. Despite the added muscle, he struggles against physical 4's and 5's, covering the three line, pick in roll, and at times defensive rebounding. It's really beginning to appear that he needs a full year of solid competition in good health to get himself right.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Hawkins...is it me or does it seem the players do NOT want to pass Hawkins the ball?
I don't know about that, but I noticed Hawkins handle isn't that good. Now. Fumbles, dribbles loses the ball. He will be fine.

Reaction Score
Speaking of losing the ball....Ajax. He gets it downcourt quickly and then loses it- often.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Maybe if he played harder and didn't look lost constantly. He is what he is. A 22 yo shot blocker who hits a 3 ptr every other game. Otherwise, his offense and defense needs lots of work. That's why he doesn't play a lot. Tick tock.

He grabbed two rebounds in a minute or two, while Sanogo had none. He had what I think was the only offensive RB for a basket in first half. He and Cole were the only guys playing hard. Nobody gives more effort than Akok.

Reaction Score
Took a while but Hurley figured it out. Hurley couldn't find an effective group until Whaley became the center. The small line up was much better defensively and the offense was decent all night. First time we really depended on this group.

Anyways. Never thought we would lose at any point. But UMES shot just under 50% and almost 40% from the arc. That will win most nights.
I thought he said Sonogo was hurting with lower abdominal pain.
They took him out in case it was a hernia.
Im surprised no one posted on this

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom