Glou Got Game | The Boneyard

Glou Got Game

Reaction Score
When I first saw Apostolos Roumoglou I assumed he was just some scrub bench player, but after seeing him drain yet another three as soon as he entered the game tonight, it can’ no longer be considered a fluke. His stats per minute must be insane.

Reaction Score
His defense isn't good enough right now to earn real minutes. But I think if he develops that defensive IQ over the summer, he and Abraham will have a real battle to back up AK and Stewart next year.
His defense honestly doesn't look that bad. There are a couple areas of weakness (kind of slow on switches, goes for the pump fake), but nothing that makes his defense unplayably bad. He has quick hands on defense, is a good rebounder, and has the length/speed to make up for the slow switch adjustment

Reaction Score
When I first saw Apostolos Roumoglou I assumed he was just some scrub bench player, but after seeing him drain yet another three as soon as he entered the game tonight, it can’ no longer be considered a fluke. His stats per minute must be insane.
Before tonight, he was averaging 16.7 points, 9.2 rebounds, and 3.3 assists per 40 minutes lol. 66 / 50 / 100 shooting splits.

Reaction Score
He should be ahead of Ross in the rotation now, at the very least. He's also the guy who gets yanked first in mop up time. It's like Hurley wants the last 2 minutes to just be run-out-the-clock time. Drives me nuts.

caw

Reaction Score
On a team like Alabama he would play, they don't care about defense anyway. /jk kinda

Reaction Score
His defense honestly doesn't look that bad. There are a couple areas of weakness (kind of slow on switches, goes for the pump fake), but nothing that makes his defense unplayably bad. He has quick hands on defense, is a good rebounder, and has the length/speed to make up for the slow switch adjustment

You haven't seen him play a meaningful second of basketball. His PT, like everyone's, is being earned in practice.

Reaction Score
You haven't seen him play a meaningful second of basketball. His PT, like everyone's, is being earned in practice.
Unless you've seen him in practice (and it's entirely possible you have. If so, more power to you) you're in the same boat as me for having never seen him in a meaningful stretch.

Reaction Score
Unless you've seen him in practice (and it's entirely possible you have. If so, more power to you) you're in the same boat as me for having never seen him in a meaningful stretch.

I have. But it's also irrelevant. Our coach has said himself he needs to improve his defense.

I'm just confused why you thought you could analyze this kids defensive abilities when he plays the same minutes as Andrew Freaking Hurley.

Reaction Score
I have. But it's also irrelevant. Our coach has said himself he needs to improve his defense.

I'm just confused why you thought you could analyze this kids defensive abilities when he plays the same minutes as Andrew Freaking Hurley.
Remember when Isaiah Whaley was logging DNPs and people said Hurley knew best? There's always the freak exception to the rule. With our record though, it's hard to knock Hurley in any fashion. Let's hope he sticks around and shows what he can do defensively next year when the game isn't already decided.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Isn’t Thanasis also on the Bucks roster?
Edit: he is. Good enough ceiling for me.

I know we're all joking here but: Think that's based on merit?

Reaction Score
He's in the 50/50/100 club.

screen.jpg

Reaction Score
I know we're all joking here but: Think that's based on merit?
I’m sure he’s just a travel buddy, but I’m also sure he can play a little. They wouldn’t waste a roster slot of a travel buddy.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I’m sure he’s just a travel buddy, but I’m also sure he can play a little. They wouldn’t waste a roster slot of a travel buddy.

He averages 6 minutes a game. I think that's exactly what they're doing. He's not terrible. He plays for the Greek national team and the Knicks drafted him in the 2nd round. But he's not really NBA caliber.

Reaction Score
He should be ahead of Ross in the rotation now, at the very least. He's also the guy who gets yanked first in mop up time. It's like Hurley wants the last 2 minutes to just be run-out-the-clock time. Drives me nuts.
It's because he always takes and makes the first shot in garbage time, and we have 6 guys who need garbage time minutes

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom