Giants hire Joe Judge (Patriots ST/WR Coach) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Giants hire Joe Judge (Patriots ST/WR Coach)

Reaction Score
Giants using the UConn approach to hiring coaches. "Can we pay you with IOUs? No? Thanks we'll be in touch."

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Eagles looking very solid in the NFC East for years to come.

By default and by virtue of having the least incompetent front office administration.

Get into the tournament any which way you can, right? Anything can happen on any given Sunday.

Reaction Score
Current state of giants, competing with Miss St for a head coach.

Reaction Score
Current state of giants, competing with Miss St for a head coach.
At least they didn't pay the Baylor coach $70 million.

No one knows if this is a good or bad hire. Literally, no one. No track record. Guy could be great. Or suck. What I do know is he will be more organized than Shurmur. You can't work for Saban then Belichick and not be detail-oriented.

He needs a major OC and DC to come in and run their schemes though. He strikes me as a CEO coach.

Reaction Score
At least they didn't pay the Baylor coach $70 million.

No one knows if this is a good or bad hire. Literally, no one. No track record. Guy could be great. Or suck. What I do know is he will be more organized than Shurmur. You can't work for Saban then Belichick and not be detail-oriented.

He needs a major OC and DC to come in and run their schemes though. He strikes me as a CEO coach.
Not saying Judge won’t be great who knows and I hope he’s the guy. Agreed a lot depends on coordinators. Just comical how this all went down with Giants taking the next Miss St coach. Heard nick Saban was relieved

Reaction Score
Gettleman just hired a guy he can control. Judge is going to listen to him and follow him until he earns his own voice with wins or improved team play. I don't see Judge pushing Gettleman back or trying to get his way.

I'm not a Giants fan or hater, root for local teams.

The Giants have a lot of positives to work with right now. Who knows, it might work out, but I still think Bienemy would have worked in NY with Barkley and Jones.

Reaction Score
Bienemy shoulda been the choice if they could’ve got him. But yeah who knows, if he’s great nothing we say here matters, if he sucks, still the same. Just gotta wait and see.

District-Husky

Casual DC Fan
Reaction Score
By default and by virtue of having the least incompetent front office administration.

Get into the tournament any which way you can, right? Anything can happen on any given Sunday.

The Rivera hire concerned me, and then I remembered Dan Snyder owns the Redskins.

Husky25

Reaction Score
The Rivera hire concerned me, and then I remembered Dan Snyder owns the Redskins.
As a 37 year (rough estimate) follower of the franchise, I understand your sentiments fully, and can't say I disagree.

Rumor has it that Rivera has been given Belichick-like control over player personnel and on-field operations and Snyder is content to overlook from the owners box, Kraft-style. I'll believe it when I see it for longer than 10 weeks.

Both Schottenheimer and Shannahan were supposedly given the same leeway, and Little Danny couldn't help but hang them both with the very same rope he ostensibly afforded them.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Stephen A. Smith: Giants made a mockery of the Rooney Rule

As much as I am not a fan of SAS, I can't say he's completely off base. I do, however, disagree with is attributing a racial component to the Giants for not hiring Kris Richard or Eric Bieniemy.

The Cowboys evidently interviewed Marvin Lewis for the sole purpose of fulfilling the Rooney Rule. The 'Skins are off the hook, because they hired a minority (Ron Rivera not only has the pedigree, but also Puerto Rican and Mexican heritage).

Reaction Score
Stephen A. Smith: Giants made a mockery of the Rooney Rule

As much as I am not a fan of SAS, I can't say he's completely off base. I do, however, disagree with is attributing a racial component to the Giants for not hiring Kris Richard or Eric Bieniemy.

The Cowboys evidently interviewed Marvin Lewis for the sole purpose of fulfilling the Rooney Rule. The 'Skins are off the hook, because they hired a minority (Ron Rivera not only has the pedigree, but also Puerto Rican and Mexican heritage).
We've come a ways but there is still so much old racist thinking. 2 black coaches coaching a league that's 70% black, we had idiots in the game telling Lamar Jackson QB isn't his position.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I think the media should run with the “Giants hire Aaron Hernandez’s old neighbor” headlines. It would make the Giants sound like they’re going to have an edge, at least until they step on a field.

Husky25

Reaction Score
We've come a ways but there is still so much old racist thinking. 2 black coaches coaching a league that's 70% black, we had idiots in the game telling Lamar Jackson QB isn't his position.
As mentioned, Ron Rivera did not check "White-Caucasian" on his Washington application.

Lamar Jackson has obscene skills. There are any number of reasons why he would excel at positions other than quarterback.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Holy cow, you don't get it.

How so? It's not as if three minority head coaches is all of a sudden representative. I am merely not focusing on "black?" Does the Rooney Rule (Genuinely unsure)?

If you are referring to the morons (1. An LA Charger scout, evidently and 2. Bill Polian) who suggest Jackson play wide-out. I referred to Jackson's football skills and his ability. Anything else is inferred. Presumably incorrectly.

Reaction Score
How so? It's not as if three minority head coaches is all of a sudden representative. I am merely not focusing on "black?" Does the Rooney Rule (Genuinely unsure)?

If you are referring to the morons (1. An LA Charger scout, evidently and 2. Bill Polian) who suggest Jackson play wide-out. I referred to Jackson's football skills and his ability. Anything else is inferred. Presumably incorrectly.
Ron Rivera isn't white or black, it would be pretty damn strange for him to check either of those boxes and he certainly doesn't have anything to do with there being 2 black coaches in a league of 70% black players.

Lamar Jackson is a quarterback and has always been a quarterback. He was tne best quarterback in college and is the best quarterback in the NFL right now. You not realizing that people in the league telling him he's a wide receiver is wrong is just sad. Can't imagine how many good black QB's we missed on because of this screwed up thinking.

Reaction Score
Big Blue is doomed. Bring Phil Simms back please.
There is some irony in your statement. Giant fans booed when Simms was drafted. Just because you don't know who he is, doesn't mean he wasn't a good pick.

Reaction Score
Matt Ruhle sends out a mass text to his Baylor players that he's gone, they can come see him if they want to. Seems like so many of these football coaches preach all sorts of stuff they don't abide by.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom