Giants 0-16 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Giants 0-16

Reaction Score
You didn’t watch the game very close

He made at least three crucial plays, including stuffing Jones to disallow him from breaking through the pocket to bust out a first-down run

I did, JPP played a great game. He was gonna be making plays That is one of the the best front 7 in the NFL and the line did their job. Of course it’s still a work in progress. Jones lost this game game for the Giants. He had time in the pocket most of the night.

Reaction Score
I'm officially ready for a do-over with Jones.

Would be happy with either Fields or Lance in the 2021 draft, but I know much more about Trey Lance.

I watched Lance play live last September at Delaware and watched 5-6 of his starts on TV. My in-laws are NDSU alum and HUGE fans...former season ticket holders before they moved to Arizona.

Anyways, I like Lance and he played a great game at Delaware. Big, strong runner and a rocket arm. And most importantly: doesn't make bad mistakes: ZERO interceptions in the '19 season. NDSU's receivers are also a diverse bunch: he can make the tight throws to the slot guys and he can gun it to the deep threats.

Would be 100% psyched if the Giants drafted him in the '21 draft.

Reaction Score

Would be happy with either Fields or Lance in the 2021 draft, but I know much more about Trey Lance.

I watched Lance play live last September at Delaware and watched 5-6 of his starts on TV. My in-laws are NDSU alum and HUGE fans...former season ticket holders before they moved to Arizona.

Anyways, I like Lance and he played a great game at Delaware. Big, strong runner and a rocket arm. And most importantly: doesn't make bad mistakes: ZERO interceptions in the '19 season. NDSU's receivers are also a diverse bunch: he can make the tight throws to the slot guys and he can gun it to the deep threats.

I’m not done with Dimes yet. He’s been dealt an awful hand by Gettelman and while he’s making too many mistakes he also has shown some really nice things. If it’s not a definite improvement at that position then just worry about the other needs, they’re not awfully far from being a player especially in the East. Like the new staff too, kids play hard for Judge and his guys.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

I’m not done with Dimes yet. He’s been dealt an awful hand by Gettelman and while he’s making too many mistakes he also has shown some really nice things. If it’s not a definite improvement at that position then just worry about the other needs, they’re not awfully far from being a player especially in the East. Like the new staff too, kids play hard for Judge and his guys.
I'm torn, but at the end of the day I don't think there is a chance that the Giants won't give Jones at least another season, so I am going to work on accepting that and seeing if there is reason for hope.

Reaction Score
I'm torn, but at the end of the day I don't think there is a chance that the Giants won't give Jones at least another season, so I am going to work on accepting that and seeing if there is reason for hope.
Both you and @mauconnfan all fair points. The good news is that in addition to QB, the top of the draft has OLs (Sewell, Cosmi) and Edges (Rousseau, Parsons).

Of course, every year I'm an advocate to trade down.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Both you and @mauconnfan all fair points. The good news is that in addition to QB, the top of the draft has OLs (Sewell, Cosmi) and Edges (Rousseau, Parsons).

Of course, every year I'm an advocate to trade down.
Have the Maras ever traded down? I could be wrong, but I thought they were from the "Never trade down, always take the best player on the board irrespective of need" school of thought.

Not saying they always get the second part right, but I thought that was their mantra.

Reaction Score
Have the Maras ever traded down? I could be wrong, but I thought they were from the "Never trade down, always take the best player on the board irrespective of need" school of thought.

Not saying they always get the second part right, but I thought that was their mantra.
Yep and it drives me crazy. Especially when this team is so devoid of talent.

Reaction Score
Gettleman's best shot at trading down was the Barkley pick. Do I recall right he wouldn't even answer the phone?
The team is playing hard. Gettleman's defensive FA signings actually look very good with Martinez and Bradbury - even Fickell. The o-line he just drafted *could* be good. Even if Thomas turns out to be a bust, Peart and Lemieux could be starters next year. I actually wonder if this ownership will keep him around if the Giants end up with 4-5 wins, and look to be improving in the 2nd half.
Washington may suck, but their defense is very good. I'd like to see Jones have a good game this week and see if we can't get a win. If we can beat Washington and Philly the next two weeks, the NFC East could get interesting for us. Pathetic to say, I know. But still.

Reaction Score

Best trade down EVER by the Giants was during the George Young era, right after they won their first Super Bowl. Young traded the last pick of the first round for multiple picks in the second round, giving them 4 second round picks. I remember Mel Kiper claiming that they owned that draft.

Reaction Score
Was there even one Gint fan here who didn't love the pick?
Loved the player but based on the rumors of what teams.wanted to offer I would have traded down.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Best trade down EVER by the Giants was during the George Young era, right after they won their first Super Bowl. Young traded the last pick of the first round for multiple picks in the second round, giving them 4 second round picks. I remember Mel Kiper claiming that they owned that draft.

2nd round picks are really useful. Lots of quality starters. And you don’t pay that first round salary.

Reaction Score
The Giants can not make a Super Bowl for the next 20 years and the Maras will be content.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
At first I was shocked about drafting him. Danny could run and throw. That's what we(I) missed. A mobile quarterback. Yes, he lost a couple of games this year. Giants record should show better. Hopefully he shakes those untimely mistakes. I am on board with him. Lets see. Hey, we could be in first place in a couple of weeks!!!

Reaction Score
I'm kinda shocked how fast Jones is. He's legit fast for qb, and tall at 6' 4".

And he can throw. If he can stop the TOs he will be solid at worst, maybe pretty damn good. They have 5-6 wins easy if he didn’t have a brain fart or 2 in other losses. Like the kid, hope he proves out.

Reaction Score
Judge isn’t messing around at all, just fired Marc Columbo.

Reaction Score
Judge isn’t messing around at all, just fired Marc Columbo.

Wow wonder why? Seemed like the line was slowly getting a bit better. Not a ton, but they were running it better as holes that Barkley never saw have suddenly shown up. I like Judge they may have a good one on their hands finally.

Reaction Score
Wow wonder why? Seemed like the line was slowly getting a bit better. Not a ton, but they were running it better as holes that Barkley never saw have suddenly shown up. I like Judge they may have a good one on their hands finally.
Supposedly its because Judge was having to work with the OL a lot more recently, so he wanted to hire another coach to work alongside Columbo. Columbo blew up about it so they fired him

Reaction Score
Supposedly its because Judge was having to work with the OL a lot more recently, so he wanted to hire another coach to work alongside Columbo. Columbo blew up about it so they fired him

Judge is bringing in experienced oline coach Dave Gugliomato. It’s believed that Columbo tried to change Andrew Thomas technique leading to his struggles. Of late Thomas has looked much better.

The Columbo hire was pretty much a Jason Garrett hire. This leads me to believe Judge will be willing to move on from Garrett if he’s not getting the job done.

Reaction Score
Judge is bringing in experienced oline coach Dave Gugliomato. It’s believed that Columbo tried to change Andrew Thomas technique leading to his struggles. Of late Thomas has looked much better.

The Columbo hire was pretty much a Jason Garrett hire. This leads me to believe Judge will be willing to move on from Garrett if he’s not getting the job done.

Good stuff. I think Garrett’s fine too thus far, good for Dimes. But again, what do I know.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom