OT: GGG/Brook | The Boneyard

OT: GGG/Brook

Reaction Score
On HBO this weekend. Anyone else watching? Thoughts?

I find this an intriguing fight although i fully expect GGG to connect and put Brook to sleep at some point. But the intrigue is in what happens before the likely ko. Does Brook look overmatched? Does he expose some flaws in GGGs` game? Is Brook as highly skilled as some think? What effect does it have on the sport if Brook pulls off the unthinkable and wins? Does Floyd see this and regret not stepping in the ring with GGG and putting an exclamation on his career? Do fighters all over the sport start jumping classes for big fights?

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
To put it briefly GGG will KO Brook in the middle rounds after a close first few rounds. Brook will not be able to handle Golovkin's power shots.

Reaction Score
GGG is fighting what probably is his most talented opponent to date. Highly skilled oversized Welterweight in Brook. I know Brook weighed more than GGG during the 30day weight checkin, but I think that is a big mistake. He should have come in light and try to use his speed and elusiveness.

It will be a good boxing match early, but expect GGG to cut off the ring and pound Brook to the body over and over before putting him to sleep upstairs by round 6. It should be a good fight while it lasts. GGG makes good fights.

The other fight on this weekend, battle of small guys, Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez vs Cuadras should be a phenomenal fight. Both are great boxers and warriors in the ring. Would be great to see if Roman can pull off the win going up in weight. Soto Karass vs Kamegai 2 will be another blood and guts fight.

Great day of boxing ahead.

Reaction Score
Brook is a welterweight is he not? It won't be pretty. I like brook at Welter weight but to jump up two weight classes to fight the best fighter in the world? GGG should dominate.

Reaction Score
Brook is a welterweight is he not? It won't be pretty. I like brook at Welter weight but to jump up two weight classes to fight the best fighter in the world? GGG should dominate.
He is but hes a pretty big WW as in the weigh ins leading up to this fight hes weighed more than GGG and hes likely not going back to WW win or lose. I think Brook is better at jrmw because he seems a bit drained at WW.

Reaction Score
I know Brook weighed more than GGG during the 30day weight checkin, but I think that is a big mistake. He should have come in light and try to use his speed and elusiveness.

The other fight on this weekend, battle of small guys, Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez vs Cuadras should be a phenomenal fight. Both are great boxers and warriors in the ring. Would be great to see if Roman can pull off the win going up in weight. Soto Karass vs Kamegai 2 will be another blood and guts fight.

Great day of boxing ahead.

Agreed. Coming in that heavy is a mistake and he shouldve been looking to stay as light and strong as possible and tried to do what Floyd did to Canelo even though he was the smaller guy. Although thats a bit of a bad example as floyd drained Canelo all the way down to 150lbs which hurt canelo. That being said Brooks weight will come back to bite him if this fight gets into the later rounds.

The Roman fight i completely forgot about! :confused: Im embarrassed! Thats going to be fantastic!!!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Agreed. Coming in that heavy is a mistake and he shouldve been looking to stay as light and strong as possible and tried to do what Floyd did to Canelo even though he was the smaller guy. Although thats a bit of a bad example as floyd drained Canelo all the way down to 150lbs which hurt canelo. That being said Brooks weight will come back to bite him if this fight gets into the later rounds.

The Roman fight i completely forgot about! :confused: Im embarrassed! Thats going to be fantastic!!!

1) He did get drained. The weight and the punches he took did their thing - guy also fought with a broken eye socket for a couple of rounds. Still pretty impressed by his effort.

2) The Chocolatito fight was terrific.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I was actually surprised to see GGG come out so aggresive in the 1st round. GGG staggered Brook with that left hook to the body and head (1:38 1st) and Brook grabbed on to avoid falling over. I think GGG could have finished him off but instead wanted to have more of that "drama show" and waved Brook on to fight shortly after the ref moved them apart.

I still doubt Canelo will fight GGG next year.

(The fight replay) below -

Reaction Score
It was a great night of fights on HBO. Triple G has to be one of the hardest punchers ever, cinder blocks for hands.

Reaction Score
1) He did get drained. The weight and the punches he took did their thing - guy also fought with a broken eye socket for a couple of rounds. Still pretty impressed by his effort.

2) The Chocolatito fight was terrific.

Brook earned my complete respect. I thought him landing some shots on GGG was basically GGG foregoing any real boxing and just walking him down throwing bombs and willing to eat shots which he believed would not hurt him and he was right. I think in the 2nd round Brook caugth GGG with a flush uppercut that shouldve hurt GGG but he walked right through it, took a couple more solid shots and kept coming. I knew then what GGG later confirmed that Brook doesnt have the power to hurt GGG and it was only a matter of time.

The Chocolatito fight was absolutely awesome!!! It was the first time seeing Quadres live and i was impressed as he is big time. That being said Choco showed why he is the best p4p fighter in the sport. His skill level is just unreal and he outclassed a world class fighter for the better part of the night as imho i had Choco winning the fight 8-4 possibly 9-3 with the first round being pretty close. There is so much to like in that fight i could go on and on but ill leave it at yes it was a terrific fight! Ive been watching Chocos fights for about 4 years and hes starting to convince me that hes one of the best ive ever seen. Inoue,Gonzalez and Quadres could give us a historical series of fights at FW over the next couple of years and this was a great start.

Reaction Score
I was actually surprised to see GGG come out so aggresive in the 1st round. GGG staggered Brook with that left hook to the body and head (1:38 1st) and Brook grabbed on to avoid falling over. I think GGG could have finished him off but instead wanted to have more of that "drama show" and waved Brook on to fight shortly after the ref moved them apart.

I still doubt Canelo will fight GGG next year.

I agree that it appeared to me that GGG took the foot off the gas in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. But he stepped it up in the 4th and decided enough was enough in the 5th and it was. I thought it was good stoppage.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom