Gerritt Cole | The Boneyard

Gerritt Cole

Reaction Score
So Gerritt Cole just essentially admitted to cheating. Where is the outrage from all the Yankee fans who crucified the Astros and the Red Sox for stealing signs?? (Which by the way the Yankees were doing too). Same group that love hopping on Manny and Big Papi but are silent about Giambi, Clemens and AFraud. They are all cheating. Some get caught some don’t. Some are more obvious than others. I actually give Cole credit for not blatantly lying like all the rest.

Reaction Score
So Gerritt Cole just essentially admitted to cheating. Where is the outrage from all the Yankee fans who crucified the Astros and the Red Sox for stealing signs?? (Which by the way the Yankees were doing too). Same group that love hopping on Manny and Big Papi but are silent about Giambi, Clemens and AFraud. They are all cheating. Some get caught some don’t. Some are more obvious than others. I actually give Cole credit for not blatantly lying like all the rest.
If I were Gerrit Cole I wouldnt wanna pitch right now with this Yankee lineup. Whatever let pitchers us pine tar and doctor the ball, and juice the ball too and let batters use pine tar on their bat who cares. Let teams use the shift if they want go ahead and steal bases. You know what bring back steroids, MLB knew about that its what brought baseball back.

Ya Yankees used roids and so did Sox players so what. Astros used technology thats a big difference, stealing signs isnt in the same ball park.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Give pitchers and hitters an advantage.

How would you give both the pitcher and the hitter an advantage? That doesn't make sense.

Anyway, pitchers don't need a bigger advantage. The collective batting average in baseball is lower than it's been in something like 50 years, it's like .235 or something. Bums are throwing no-hitters. If you took your average major league starter and gave him a time machine to the 60s or 70s he's a top of the line starter and Cy Young candidate.

Lower the mound again, juice the balls, let them cork their bats. Do something.

Reaction Score
I hear you and wish they would all come clean but I don't know a single Yankee fan who was ever silent or pretended Giambi, Clemens, and AFraud weren't juicing. ARod is probably the most hated Yankee of all-time.

Reaction Score
If I were Gerrit Cole I wouldnt wanna pitch right now with this Yankee lineup. Whatever let pitchers us pine tar and doctor the ball, and juice the ball too and let batters use pine tar on their bat who cares. Let teams use the shift if they want go ahead and steal bases. Give pitchers and hitters an advantage. You know what bring back steroids, MLB knew about that its what brought baseball back.

Ya Yankees used roids and so did Sox players so what. Astros used technology thats a big difference, stealing signs isnt in the same ball park.
Except that the Yankees stole signs too

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I hear you and wish they would all come clean but I don't know a single Yankee fan who was ever silent or pretended Giambi, Clemens, and AFraud weren't juicing. ARod is probably the most hated Yankee of all-time.
When you talk about Yankee players who are loved and defended...it ain't giambi, Clemens and A Rod. I am neutral on giambi...but really didn't like Clemens or Rodriguez.

Reaction Score
On this site Manny and Papi were crucified while the yanks got a pass. Except AFraud. Everyone seems to hate that guy. Even I don’t include Pettite, I think he just got bad advice. He was squeaky clean.....I think Clemens Fd him over.

Reaction Score
I think there is a big difference between cheating by using steroids, and cheating by doctoring baseballs or stealing signs. Im not saying it's right, but stealing signs and doctoring baseballs have been part of the game for over 100 years. But, stealing signs with technology takes things to another level compared to stealing signs with the naked eye.

The steroid thing just got way out of control. It got to a point where if you were a player, you were probably hurting yourself by not taking any supplements because the majority of the players were in fact on something. Thats why the players who played in the steroid era that are borderline Hall of Famer's should get an extra look. Mike Mussina is somebody that comes to mind. He wasn't exactly a Randy Johnson or Greg Maddux, but his numbers are very good for somebody that played the game the right way and clean. Thats why he was voted in.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Every guy is using something and I’m sadly aware of our ability to squander talent only to have them succeed elsewhere, but yeah…Cole turning super human the second he got to Houston was a bit curious.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
On this site Manny and Papi were crucified while the yanks got a pass. Except AFraud. Everyone seems to hate that guy. Even I don’t include Pettite, I think he just got bad advice. He was squeaky clean.....I think Clemens Fd him over.
They were all juicing. My only beef was the Mitchell report was a sham.

I'm all for professional athletes using stuff but just be honest about it. Instead we are left with sham witch hunts, gossip, and fans pretending their favorites aren't on stuff.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't put Mussina or anyone else on a pedestal for being clean. We as fans have zero idea who used what and who if anyone was completely clean. Too much money at stake to not think the majority of players during that era at one time or another tried to gain an advantage in performance or speed up recovery from an injury with HGH or steroids. At some point it probably went from gaining an advantage to just keeping up with the Joneses and not falling behind.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Seems like any pitcher who went to Houston for a period of time over the last few years became Sandy Koufax overnight. Verlander found the fountain of youth, Morton went from an okay pitcher to a great pitcher and Cole became God. I'm sure their blase' attitude toward the rules didn't stop with the hitters so even as a Yankee fan, I can realistically assume that Cole (among others) is no angel.

Reaction Score
It’s a weird problem to try to fix. It’s not just an MLB issue either. I work for the CPL and it’s pretty common to see a pitcher loading up a ball if you’re looking for it. And given that these are all college players, it’s fair to assume that it’s an NCAA issue as well.

At the same time, it’s probably not as widespread as it is in the MLB.

Reaction Score
Not sure I’d classify doctoring the ball in the same category as chemically altering your body or using electronic surveillance, but everyone can draw the line where they please.

Reaction Score
I bet the Yanks are REALLY happy with that Cole contract right about now...couple that with the Stanton deal and they are screwed for the next X years unless Hal is willing to crack the luxury tax again.

Reaction Score

And even if true he’s the only pitcher doing so? Lol not sure of the comparison to stealing signs but feel free to rant.

Reaction Score
This article is wild. I highly recommend it.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

ARod is so needy to be liked it becomes easy to hate him

Reaction Score
This article is wild. I highly recommend it.

That was a great read....but the embedded tweet is crazy...A pitched ball sticking to a chest protector...not sure you need much more evidence than that!

Ball stuck to chest protector

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Not sure I’d classify doctoring the ball in the same category as chemically altering your body or using electronic surveillance, but everyone can draw the line where they please.

If giving yourself the ability to spin the ball and make the ball do things more severely than you are capable of doing without the substance it has the same effect as altering your body to get the ball to do the same things as the substance allows you to do.

Reaction Score
Every baseball fan has been pissed at the Astros. Not just Yankees fans. Yankees fans also gave Arod tons of for what he did. Sox fans still think Papi was clean. You really like to revise history.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom