Geno providing motivation | The Boneyard

Geno providing motivation

Oracle9

No time for fake ones
Reaction Score
Given all the stuff that has been written about how Geno and the players have been dealing with all the recent adversities, I was curious as to at least how he presented the challenge to team I found this clip ( don't know if it was posted already) that I think gives some insight. Team

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Listen to the first three minutes of the Butler post game press conference where he talks about Kristen‘s game, her efficiency, and how she can avoid up and down performances. It’s great stuff

The rest of the press conference is good as well, but I thought the first 3 1/2 minutes were pretty insightful.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Only the best and brightest yarders could figure that out. I could tell you, but not on the board. Reply with your cell phone number and I’ll give you a call and let you know.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
What if................ we scheduled all or most of the BOLDED programs (that would agree to play us, some already do) below every year for our pre-conference schedule? I believe Geno gets 9 preseason games that HE has to schedule every year. I understand that we only get 29 games each year. 20 BE Conference games, and 9 out of conference (OOC) games. Playing these teams every year would almost be like being in a P5 conference.

Geno firmly believes in scheduling the most formidable teams he can each year. How about these? It would tell him immediately what kind of team he has, plus it would give UConn "style points" with the selection committee come March, in addition to get them ready for the level of competition they will face in the NCAA Tournament. It would also provide plenty of "fodder" for the Boneyard to chew on during the first 2 months of the season. UConn could alternate with UCLA, Stanford and/or Arizona. Go to the west coast one year to play two or three of those programs, then those teams come to us the next year. The same format could work with Texas/Baylor and Georgia/Georgia Tech. Thoughts? :rolleyes:

1. South Carolina
2. Stanford
3. Louisville
4. NC State
5. Tennessee
6. Indiana
7. Iowa State
8. Michigan
9. UConn
10. Arizona
11. LSU
12. Maryland
13. Georgia & Georgia Tech
14. Oklahoma
15. Texas
15. Baylor
Notre Dame

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Big East is obviously a pretty weak conference compared to the Pac 10 or SEC but from a player and team development perspective I'm not so sure it's a bad thing. The young players get a lot more PT in those Big East blow outs and long term that's important. I'd have more pushovers at the beginning of the season ( one or 2 more maybe ). You really don't know what you've got though until you play good competition so you can end up with the wrong players getting the most PT. Overall, I like our approach in terms of sceduling and conference. I'd rather see a lot more great games though. Imagine what it must be like playing in the SEC right now with all those great teams.

sun

Reaction Score
What if................ we scheduled all or most of the BOLDED programs (that would agree to play us, some already do) below every year for our pre-conference schedule? I believe Geno gets 9 preseason games that HE has to schedule every year. I understand that we only get 29 games each year. 20 BE Conference games, and 9 out of conference (OOC) games. Playing these teams every year would almost be like being in a P5 conference.

Geno firmly believes in scheduling the most formidable teams he can each year. How about these? It would tell him immediately what kind of team he has, plus it would give UConn "style points" with the selection committee come March, in addition to get them ready for the level of competition they will face in the NCAA Tournament. It would also provide plenty of "fodder" for the Boneyard to chew on during the first 2 months of the season. UConn could alternate with UCLA, Stanford and/or Arizona. Go to the west coast one year to play two or three of those programs, then those teams come to us the next year. The same format could work with Texas/Baylor and Georgia/Georgia Tech. Thoughts? :rolleyes:

1. South Carolina
2. Stanford
3. Louisville
4. NC State
5. Tennessee
6. Indiana
7. Iowa State
8. Michigan
9. UConn
10. Arizona
11. LSU
12. Maryland
14. Oklahoma
15. Texas
15. Baylor
Notre Dame
UConn scheduled a pair of consecutive home & home games with NC State 2-3 years in advance.
That seems like it would be a great match up.

Reaction Score

1. South Carolina
2. Stanford
3. Louisville
4. NC State
5. Tennessee
6. Indiana
7. Iowa State
8. Michigan
9. UConn
10. Arizona
11. LSU
12. Maryland
14. Oklahoma
15. Texas
15. Baylor
Notre Dame
Some of those teams would not want to play us.LSU, Stanford, and perhaps Maryland have all been periodically reluctant to play us.

sun

Reaction Score
I think that is going to be rough game for us this year… State looks good and balanced.
The NC State series won't be played until next season ('21 - '22} and the year after that ('22 - '23).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom