Geno on player status update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno on player status update

Reaction Score
I'm glad this was a video interview. If not I might have thought I was hearing the Arkansas coach, who just lost to the #22 rated team, sounding like he was worried about how he would defend against the #2 or #3 team in the country. I miss the old cocky Auriemma. I mean Arkansas shot 37% from the floor and only got off 15 3s, for 26% against Georgia. But then again if UConn struggles in this game, maybe he does have problems.

Reaction Score
Maybe he is melancholy thinking about all the people behind on their rent while he makes 2 mil coaching women's basketball. That's probably it.
No need to be facetious. So is he supposed to work for free or give back some of his salary? Are you doing that? That's not his job to ensure people can pay their rent. It is sad that so many people can not, that is for sure, but stop implying that he is wrong for making market value for his job. We'd all love to get paid what we think we're worth for a job, but that is just not the case. Please keep your negativity to yourself, or put that energy to helping people pay their rent.

Reaction Score
"She did some shooting" In other words they tested the ankle to see if she could shoot. If she was in any pain they wouldn't have bothered trying until today.

Reaction Score
Why else would she not have practiced today?

To rest the ankle. To repeat, Geno did NOT say that she was unable to do much in practice. For all we know, she could have played all-out for a full practice and played well, if that was what Geno wanted two days before a key road game. It's obviously not what he wanted. But he never said she was unable to do much in practice.

Reaction Score
To rest the ankle. To repeat, Geno did NOT say that she was unable to do much in practice. For all we know, she could have played all-out for a full practice and played well, if that was what Geno wanted two days before a key road game. It's obviously not what he wanted. But he never said she was unable to do much in practice.
She was unable to practice because of her ankle, whether it is concerns about resting her ankle or pain in her ankle, she STILL was unable to practice because of her ankle.

Reaction Score
Relax, Paige will be back, if not for Arkansas, soon after. But the no new news on Anna appears to be bad.

Reaction Score
Why run Paige hard in practice? She's recovering. She's not going to get "out of shape" by taking it easy for 2 or 3 days.
From my experience, running straight shouldn't be a problem. She could play, but not cut hard.

Reaction Score
From the Courant
Auriemma said Poffenbarger has been cleared and practiced with the team today, and prior to that had done a few individual workouts with assistant coach Shea Ralph.
“She picks things up pretty quickly. I don’t know that she’s game-ready. I don’t think she’ll be game-ready in two days,” Auriemma said.
Bueckers didn’t practice with the team Tuesday but “feels better,” according to Auriemma, and did some light shooting drills Monday. Makurat is still considered out indefinitely as she deals with a nagging leg issue.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
There are THREE Fox Channels available in CT: Channel 61, Fox Sports 1, and Fox Sports 2.
That game is on Fox61.
Thank you. here we have at least six Fox Sports channels. The channels depends on what cable carrier a person has. There is no channel 61 on Uverse.

Reaction Score
She was unable to practice because of her ankle, whether it is concerns about resting her ankle or pain in her ankle, she STILL was unable to practice because of her ankle.

You are totally wrong. I suggest you look up the meaning of the word "unable". If someone doesn't go to the grocery store on a given day, does that automatically mean they were unable to go there?

To repeat, in the entire presser, Geno does NOT say she was unable to practice. You are the only one who says that - an opinion not based on any facts.

Reaction Score
Is this game more important than the rest of the season? She probably could play and hobble a bit but is it worth it?
Would the team grow with a win without Paige? Could they play zone and use Edwards instead of Paige. We would kill them inside with Edwards and Liv. Nika and Mir as subs and ask them to play within themselves. No turnovers. Play good defense. Slow the game down? What will Geno do?

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
How long have you been viewing this board? And you can't believe UCONN fanatics can believe Saylor will play on Thursday. At the BoneYard the opposite is hard to believe. :rolleyes: ;)
Great cartoon in The New Yorker the other day. A man and a woman are seated on a sofa facing a television . The announcer on the television says: "The following program contains people who are unwilling to accept reality or admit the truth. Viewer discretion is advised." Now I was originally convinced the subject contained a political message. However, upon reflection, @SVCBeercats has me believing it was the Boneyard Live broadcast! :rolleyes: ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom