Geno on Aubrey (and Evina on Aubrey, too) | The Boneyard

Geno on Aubrey (and Evina on Aubrey, too)

Reaction Score
From UConnBBWeekly

Geno: “The key thing that we’re trying to help Aubrey with is be consistent and be Aubrey more consistently,” Geno Auriemma said. “You can watch Aubrey play for a minute and you go, ‘This kid should start and play 40 minutes. What’s wrong with the coach?’ And you can watch Aubrey for the next minute and go, ‘This kid shouldn’t play more than one minute any game.’”

More Geno: “There’s a lot that Aubrey can do that she’s not doing both offensively and defensively. And I’m asking her to do more and usually when you ask people to do more, they like that,” Auriemma said. “So I’m hoping that we can get her to do more. More of the good things that she does and less of the tentative things that she does.”

Evina: “She is definitely a freak of nature but I think once once she stops fighting herself, just becomes more consistent, more confident, she’s gonna be a problem — a big problem.”

I agree with all of it.... and can't wait for Aubrey to "put it all together." What a factor she will be then!

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Aubrey's new nickname: "Freak". It's even one syllable, as Geno seems to prefer when he addresses his players in practices.

Reaction Score
From UConnBBWeekly

Geno: “The key thing that we’re trying to help Aubrey with is be consistent and be Aubrey more consistently,” Geno Auriemma said. “You can watch Aubrey play for a minute and you go, ‘This kid should start and play 40 minutes. What’s wrong with the coach?’ And you can watch Aubrey for the next minute and go, ‘This kid shouldn’t play more than one minute any game.’”

More Geno: “There’s a lot that Aubrey can do that she’s not doing both offensively and defensively. And I’m asking her to do more and usually when you ask people to do more, they like that,” Auriemma said. “So I’m hoping that we can get her to do more. More of the good things that she does and less of the tentative things that she does.”

Evina: “She is definitely a freak of nature but I think once once she stops fighting herself, just becomes more consistent, more confident, she’s gonna be a problem — a big problem.”

I agree with all of it.... and can't wait for Aubrey to "put it all together." What a factor she will be then!

I posted the "Analytics" on another post, but the summary speaks loudly, related to the "Prime 8 Individuals" that have been the main players in Geno's rotation, so far this season (including Anna Makurat):

If you break it down, AUBREY GRIFFIN's TIME ON THE COURT her stats are "Very Impactful"

PPMP = Points Per Minute Played
APMP = Assists Per Minute Played
SPMP = Steals Per Minute Played
RPMP = Rebounds Per Minute Played

AVERAGE MINUTES PER GAME:

1) Paige Bueckers = 36.5 MPG (NOTE: And is 1st (PPMP & APMP) & 2nd (SPMP)
2) Christyn Williams = 33.3 MPG
3) Evian Westbrook = 30.4 MPG (NOTE: And is 2nd (APMP)
4) Anna Makurat = 28.1 MPG
5) Olivia Nelson Ododa = 25.2 MPG (NOTE: And is 1st (RPMP)
6) Nika Muhl = 23.6 MPG
7) Aaliyah Edwards = 19.7 MPG
8) Aubrey Griffin = 19.2 MPG (NOTE: And is 1st (SPMP) & 2nd (RPMP)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom