Geno Makes No Bones About The Kids | The Boneyard

Geno Makes No Bones About The Kids

Reaction Score
He's not the only one who isn't big on a conference tournament.

Read an article where Michigan State's head coach, Suzy Merchant said the same. She thought the time could be used to play make up games within the respective conference.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno also makes no bones about the Big East Tournament. Hey, it deserves it's own thread, but I can only post 1 or 2 a day, so:

“Me personally, if we didn’t have a [conference] tournament, it wouldn’t bother me one iota. It wouldn’t bother me one bit,” Auriemma told media Tuesday. “Some coaches might say, ‘Yeah well, that’s because you think you’re in the NCAA Tournament, but we’re not going to have a chance to play our way in.’ What can I say to that, I don’t know. You had all year long to play your way in.”

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hope they make public the student interview. Especially Saylor's maiden voyage

Reaction Score
Geno said the big thing with Paige is (he thinks) she doesn't know how to lead yet. Me, I think she's defering to he elders. Anyway he says it right at the beginning.

I agree. We have been saying that she was deferring all along ( shout out to TopoGigio) but that applied to Evina as well. After Arkansas they both came out firing against DePaul telling me that they were told what to do about the shooting, both early in the game and in general. Let she who shoots the best shoot the most.

Reaction Score
Very nice to hear "Course one of those kids is a starting guard, a/k/a Paige.

And, this surprised me until I got to thinking about it. Doesn't favor a conference tourney.

https://twitter.com/DanielVConnolly/status/1356671721697398784?s=20

We are headed to the dance anyway, so a conference tournament is a superflous Covid risk.

If no tourney can Uconn still hoist the BE championship banner...
Keegan-Michael Key Lol GIF by HULU

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Oh. I guess Mortuary Science is not her major anymore, Business.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
She's the only player I can recall (including upperclassmen) who refers to Geno as "Geno" rather than as "Coach". Frankly, I was (in the Casablanca sense) "shocked, shocked ...". Is CD or someone else going to speak to her about that? Or are the rules changing?

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Here's the youngest kid:

Say is a great kid!

I am going to really like this kid . Seems to be a good fit, not shy and not too full of herself . When she gets in shape it will be fun to watch. But that guy with the noisy microphone is soooo annoying. He has to know by now that it happens every single interview. I vote to bench him until he cleans it up .

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
She's the only player I can recall (including upperclassmen) who refers to Geno as "Geno" rather than as "Coach". Frankly, I was (in the Casablanca sense) "shocked, shocked ...". Is CD or someone else going to speak to her about that? Or are the rules changing?
In all fairness, they asked if her mom or Geno was harder to play for. I think she was just parroting back the name they proffered. But I take your point and feel sure you will not hear that again!

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Oh. I guess Mortuary Science is not her major anymore, Business.

UConn doesn’t have a mortuary science major, so I was curious how that would all shake out. If her ultimate goal is to run a funeral home, then business is probably a smarter way to go without the actual major. She could do a two year mortuary science degree when her basketball career is winding down.

Maybe Napheesa or Crystal can put her in touch with Sylvia Fowles about getting that mortuary science degree while she’s playing pro basketball.

Reaction Score
UConn doesn’t have a mortuary science major, so I was curious how that would all shake out. If her ultimate goal is to run a funeral home, then business is probably a smarter way to go without the actual major. She could do a two year mortuary science degree when her basketball career is winding down.

Maybe Napheesa or Crystal can put her in touch with Sylvia Fowles about getting that mortuary science degree while she’s playing pro basketball.

She could call it 'Down with the Ship"...too far?

Reaction Score
In all fairness, they asked if her mom or Geno was harder to play for. I think she was just parroting back the name they proffered. But I take your point and feel sure you will not hear that again!
Actually the question was whether her mom or "Coach Auriemma" is harder to play for. She came across as very savvy, and I agree with you that she will not refer to him as "Geno" again in an interview. I thought she was a relaxed and highly skilled interviewee.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom