Geno is a visionary. Take Chris Dailey's word | The Boneyard

Geno is a visionary. Take Chris Dailey's word

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Fun article by Jeff Jacobs. While the first half is focused more on the Geno / Pat history, its the second half where CD tries to explain what Geno is
that is really fascinating

“Even after everything, I don’t know he has ever been given enough credit for the kind of coach he is,” Dailey said. “He is a visionary. He sees offense as not a lot of people see it. He has this vision about how it’s supposed to look and he has the ability to make it look that way.”

“It’s how they handle all the adjustments and quick decisions while they’re happening,” she said. “We spend a lot of time on offense and that’s why when it looks bad, he can’t stand it. It kills him."

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I have always said that Geno represented the vanguard of the new era of coaches in WCBB.

Reaction Score
Fun article by Jeff Jacobs. While the first half is focused more on the Geno / Pat history, its the second half where CD tries to explain what Geno is
that is really fascinating

“Even after everything, I don’t know he has ever been given enough credit for the kind of coach he is,” Dailey said. “He is a visionary. He sees offense as not a lot of people see it. He has this vision about how it’s supposed to look and he has the ability to make it look that way.”

“It’s how they handle all the adjustments and quick decisions while they’re happening,” she said. “We spend a lot of time on offense and that’s why when it looks bad, he can’t stand it. It kills him."
Thanks eebmg, but ctinsider won't let a non subscriber read that article. :(

Reaction Score
Thanks eebmg, but ctinsider won't let a non subscriber read that article. :(
I was able to read it from Internet Explorer! (Had to switch from from my usual Chrome.) Good read!

Reaction Score
I was able to read it from Internet Explorer! (Had to switch from from my usual Chrome.) Good read!
Many thanks. Microsoft Edge didn't work either, but Explorer did. And yes, it is a good read.

Reaction Score
What is forbidden tastes best. I didn't want to read the article until I found that I couldn't. Then I switched browsers, typed in ctpostinsider.com and read the piece. Now, I have enjoyed the story in 2 ways instead of 1. Reminds me of a song from "The Fantasticks": My son would never swim/The water made his wince/Until I said he mustn't swim/Been swimming ever since."

Reaction Score
Bobby Knight one of the most successful coaches in college basketball history said Geno was the best college coach he has ever seen, up there with John Wooden. ( Doug Bruno said the same thing last week.)
When you watch a UCONN women's game on offense, the players without the ball are always moving and the player with the ball is looking to pass, not just dribble. If you watch most teams, you see one player dribbling at the top of key, and the other 4 players watching.
Geno has convinced his players that winning is more beneficial to an individual player in the long run, than scoring points.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom