Geno hints at more roster additions | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Geno hints at more roster additions

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I just don't think starting is a big deal though I think ONO will start. I just didn't agree with your comment that she was going to start every game. She'll be put in the doghouse for at least 1 game. And if UCONN starts "small" in the AAC-- and if UCONN has Westbrook-- other than the 1 rare game which a team surprises to make a game close-- you really think UCONN will be in danger of losing in the AAC other than one night?

How many times have we heard it's not important who starts the game but who finishes it?

The AAC is not a good conference. If Westbrook is able to play -- the opposing teams other than 1 off-night aren't going to win whether ONO starts and plays 30 or comes off the bench and plays 30. Anyways I agree overall with you and all others - ONO will get terrific minutes.

We’ll see. I thought I was the only “seer” here in the yard. You're forecasting future events. The last time Geno pulled a starter for the reason you stated was when he pulled Breanna Stewart ( and I believe Morgan Tuck) because they displayed body language in the prior game that he was not happy with.

The timing was also interesting in that it was the game before a huge game against a top ranked rival. Some posters here thought he pulled them to rest. I have no reason to doubt Geno’s reasoning or timing. Geno was adamant in his response to media inquiries about his reasons for doing so. UConn won both games.

The last time a UConn player lost their starting status was in 2014 when Kiah Stokes and Saniya Chong were replaced by Morgan Tuck and Kia Nurse after the Stanford loss. (Corrected below) Tuck and Nurse remained starters the rest of their time at UConn. Chong and Stokes both spent an appreciable amount of time in what Kara Wolters referred to (on her SNY pregame show) on several occasions as “casa de bow wow”.

ONO’s play will consistently improve each year. Barring injury, I don’t think Geno will be able to afford not to start her, especially if He is not able to bring in another tall post player. Again, we’ll see.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The last time a UConn player lost their starting status was in 2014 when Kiah Stokes and Saniya Chong were replaced by Morgan Tuck and Kia Nurse. Tuck and Nurse remained starters the rest of their time at UConn. Chong and Stokes both spent an appreciable amount of time in what Kara Wolters referred to on several occasions as “casa de bow wow”.
That is not entirely correct. The last UCONN starters to lose a starting position were Gabby Williams, KLS & Napheesa Collier during the 2015-16 season. Gabby Williams started the season as the 5th starter and remained the starter until the LSU (9th) game where she was replaced by KLS. KLS was replaced by Napheesa Collier in the starting line up in MD (10th) game of the season. Collier was replaced by KLS in the starting lineup for the temple (16th) game of the season.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
You're right, I remember that. Hmm, I stand corrected. I do remember Lou becoming a starter in January of her freshman year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom