(Geno) can only promise an opportunity and that’s all I need | The Boneyard

(Geno) can only promise an opportunity and that’s all I need

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Good Dorka article for those who have The Athletic

“I just have to get with them and see how I fit there and work hard to be able to contribute to this team,” Juhász said. “They’re an amazing team. There’s a reason why they’re in the Final Four for so many consecutive years. So I really hope that just whatever I can bring and whatever I can get better there, and I could contribute (to) a national title next year.”

Reaction Score
1618595836110.png
I have a feeling she will realize all of her goals at Uconn.

Reaction Score
Too bad that they do not have a position to say "Laugh", at that one.

I hope that she is so competitive that she gives ONO a run for her money and pehaps even supercede her as starter. That only makes everyone on the team better.
Unless she can really know down the 3 pointer this is unlikely, outside of a 3 point shot I would say the only then she does better then Liv is rebound.

Reaction Score
Do you consider Liv to be a UCONN player by your definition of a UCONN player?
Yes, of course. It's not a matter of performance, it's a matter of orientation to the team, to the program, and to a singular goal. DJ, as Tony C has seen fit to christen her at UCONN, has already got it.

Reaction Score
Good Dorka article for those who have The Athletic

“I just have to get with them and see how I fit there and work hard to be able to contribute to this team,” Juhász said. “They’re an amazing team. There’s a reason why they’re in the Final Four for so many consecutive years. So I really hope that just whatever I can bring and whatever I can get better there, and I could contribute (to) a national title next year.”
Thanks for finding that. Here's the 'link' to reading articles if you're not a subscriber to them. Outline - Read & annotate without distractions
This was posted by a BY'er in a previous Thread that works great on all non-subscriber articles (so far). :)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Thanks for finding that. Here's the 'link' to reading articles if you're not a subscriber to them. Outline - Read & annotate without distractions
This was posted by a BY'er in a previous Thread that works great on all non-subscriber articles (so far). :)
I don’t believe Outline works with The Athletic, however, they offer periodic trial memberships four is an expensive as a dollar per month. It is worth it, in my opinion, as there is a lot of UConn.

Reaction Score
I don’t believe Outline works with The Athletic, however, they offer periodic trial memberships four is an expensive as a dollar per month. It is worth it, in my opinion, as there is a lot of UConn.
It did! So far.........so good. I will continue using it as long as it works. Can't pay for everything, especially all the posts we have here. :cool:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
She said the decision was purely a basketball one. "I just felt like it was something that I needed to do in order to move forward in life."
Sounds like she has an agenda to me. One that she takes seriously, and one she won't waste time working. She was her team's most consistent player, i.e., she shows up (and produces) for ALL of her games. Exactly the type of player we need. I like her already. :cool:

Here's a quick look at her bona fides:

Career Honors
  • First Team All-Big Ten (2020)
  • Second Team All-Big Ten (2019)
  • Big Ten All-Freshmen Team (2019)
  • Big Ten All-Tournament Team (2020)
  • Big Ten Player of the Week (Dec. 23, 2020)
  • Big Ten Freshman of the Week (Dec. 3, 2018, Feb. 18, 2019)
  • National Freshman of the Week (Dec. 4, 2018)
  • OSU Scholar-Athlete (2019)
2019-20 (Sophomore)
  • Was the team’s most consistent player throughout the season
  • Became the 18th Buckeye to be named First Team All-Big Ten
  • Led the team in scoring and rebounding for the second consecutive year, averaging 13.2 points and 9.4 rebounds per game
  • Had 10 double-doubles which was fourth in the Big Ten
  • Was one of just three players 6-4 or taller nationally with 40 three-pointers made
  • Her 40 threes were second-most on the team and she was also second on the team with a 39.6 shooting percentage from beyond the arc
  • Had five 20-point games
  • Grabbed a career-high tying 16 rebounds five different times
  • Named Big Ten Player of the Week for the first time in her career on Dec. 23 after scoring a career-high tying 27 points, grabbing a career-high tying 16 rebounds and blocking a then career-high three shots in the win at Sacramento State
  • Had 23 points, 12 rebounds and a then career-high four steals vs. Penn State (Jan. 12)
  • Ran-off six double-doubles in a seven-game span late in the season
  • Led the team at the Big Ten Tournament with 12.8 points and 11.5 rebounds per game
  • Blocked nine shots in the four B1G Tournament games including a career-high four in the win over Minnesota
  • Made a career-high four threes and finished with 20 points in the Big Ten Championship game vs. Maryland
  • Was named to the Big Ten All-Tournament Team
Prior to Ohio State
  • Rated as the No. 12 international player in the 2018 class and No. 5 forward, according to Prospects Nation.
  • Played on a number of Hungarian national teams since 2015 and averaged 11.7 points and 9.4 rebounds over seven games at the FIBA U19 Women’s Basketball World Cup in 2017.
  • Played as an amateur on the PEAC-Pecs Professional Basketball Club.
Off topic -
"To those undrafted, trust your process, continue to have tunnel vision on your vision and remember that dreams don’t have an expiration date." ~ Tina Charles
Tina's message to undrafted seniors who did not get drafted by the WNBA Thursday, can also apply to players still in college who may have had a lack luster year this past season.

Thought for the day............taken from a post on Twitter this morning by a UConn fan: "Nothing but love for all fans on twitter. That’s what brought most of us together. Never forget that, and stop being so weak minded and offended if we don’t think the same way on everything else."

Last edited:

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Good article in the courant today by Alexa about Dorka. Good read

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members