Geno and the Bodyguard | The Boneyard

Geno and the Bodyguard

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
In the nj.com article about the UConn-Rutgers rivalry visited from Nan's links, they mention that Geno has a bodyguard for the games at the RAC. Does anyone know whether this is unique to his Rutgers visits or are there other venues where the arena staff feel he needs some protection?

Reaction Score
In the nj.com article about the UConn-Rutgers rivalry visited from Nan's links, they mention that Geno has a bodyguard for the games at the RAC. Does anyone know whether this is unique to his Rutgers visits or are there other venues where the arena staff feel he needs some protection?

A few years back someone in the crowd said something derogitory about his mother and Geno went off on some of the Rutgers fans. a bit later he nebtioned that the gentleman who walks to and from the lockerroom to protect him had cancer but licked it. He actually had him speak after one of the games

Reaction Score
given the average age of fans of women's basketball, i can't imagine any of the coaches are much threatened.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Well, I couldn't find anything about Geno's bodyguard, but apparently Pat Summitt had kind of a full-time bodyguard, which I can understand.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Wasn't this the title of a movie some years back?

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
given the average age of fans of women's basketball, i can't imagine any of the coaches are much threatened.
I was in the RAC when Epiph Prince lit us up and beat us with Renee Montgomery. Many of The fans at that game were vulgar mouthed and it really wasn't very pleasant. It only takes one wack job. I will also say that I've befriended many nice Rutgers fans as well. But that was rough down there- at least that game was!

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Please. His "bodyguard" is the RU arena security staff that walks him - and every other visiting coach - on / off the floor. One walks Vivian off as well.

The same thing occurs at many arenas. At football games, it is often an (armed) officer). At WBB games, not so often.

Likewise at many arenas, you will see someone sitting sideways to the bench behind the bench watching for some mad / inflamed fan to make a flying leap or throw a bottle or something.

Sometimes I just laugh, sometimes I think there are enough wacko's to do anything.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Knight... Geno has a very personal relationship with this guy. bodyguard/RAC security etc. they are cool

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Awesome piece and a great relationship with a guy who understands the nature of the business and appreciates the things he recognizes in Geno.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
Yes, at UConn whenever he goes near a Boneyard member!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom