Geno and team meet with Media (10/8)- First Practice [merged thread] | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Geno and team meet with Media (10/8)- First Practice [merged thread]

Reaction Score
Yes.
Yes. 3 freshman and only two quality post players.
I did revise my expectations. Your post said that was "never" going to be the case.
Geno will play as many good players as he has available at least that what he repeated after the first practice yesterday.
ONO and Dorka could both be gone after this season leaving Geno with 1 quality post player. and two promising incoming Freshman. Dorka has stated that she intends to play two season but I still think it would be in UCONN best interest to have a Amari develop starting as a freshman instead of spectating. 14 MPG as a freshman was enough minutes to have ONO be ready to be a starter as a Sophomore. There is no reason Amari can't follow a similar development path.

That might've been a thought prior to Dorka. But don't see 14 minutes for her this year.

Reaction Score
That might've been a thought prior to Dorka. But don't see 14 minutes for her this year.
I agree. She only averaged 6.7 per game at USA U19, and the competition for minutes at UConn is far beyond that. I'm in the 5 per game (or less) crowd for her freshman year. And I think Dorka will get significant minutes this year.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Pretty sure I read that she had missed the test and was making it up, not that she had failed!
Not according to the Alexa tweet which stated:

"DeBerry is making up a conditioning test she didn’t pass, not an injury thing"

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I would put my money on Holy Cross. We use to play them every year early in the year and they are right up the road .
Good thought. I'd also not rule out UMass Lowell as a payback for agreeing to play UCONN last year on short notice or even Albany or Maine which usually has good D1 teams competing for the American East championship.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
The conditioning will come. Remember, she’s played in regulation basketball games since her teammates have. I’m suggesting that the time she spent with the Canadian National Team served her well. She practiced and played against grown women and professionals.

She didn’t spend the summer laying on a beach working on a tan while sipping Long Island iced tea. She was putting in work that helped not only her physical game, but her mental maturity and approach as well.
I think your last clause speaks to the best benefit.

Reaction Score
Re scrimmage: Is Yale not a consideration?
Could be. Could be any one in D-I within an hour or two drive. We'll never know when or where or who because no one is allowed to talk about it. It's as secretive as the mission to get Osama bin Laden, and even then we at least got that picture of the president and team from the white house bunker watching it go down. If one of the horde didn't ask that generic question about the pre-season schedule we'd likely never know this game existed.

Reaction Score
Someone will figure it out. These journalists need to earn their pay....

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I've been distracted but have been lurking more lately. Am greatly looking forward to this season so you'll probably see me post more.
In the between I still can't make sense of your namesakes 8th. It still sounds like a kitchen sink symphony to me. I figure if neither Solti or Bernstein could make it sensible I give up.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
In the between I still can't make sense of your namesakes 8th. It still sounds like a kitchen sink symphony to me. I figure if neither Solti or Bernstein could make it sensible I give up.
LOL. What, you're saying a thousand is too many? :D

Your point is taken, but both of those guys take things too fast. Ha!

Reaction Score
Training camp sounds intense. I think it is another product of the transfer portal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom