Gamecocks 2022, Part II | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I guess yall wanted ALL THE SMOKE after all. Smoked, Grilled, or Fried Chicken is always better on a Sunday... but a Wednesday night will just have to do.
What are YOU smoking? Cause you're definitely getting "all the smoke."

Reaction Score
I guess yall wanted ALL THE SMOKE after all. Smoked, Grilled, or Fried Chicken is always better on a Sunday... but a Wednesday night will just have to do.

Deer Popcorn GIF

Me now waiting for December 15 to see who's standing after all the smoke clears. :D

Reaction Score
Dawn making sure, again, that we are set up for a 1 seed. I don't know of anybody that will have a schedule like that. Throw in Tennessee, Ole Miss, Georgia, TAMU, Kentucky, Arkansas and MSU and that's a pretty strong schedule. Gonna be fun!

Reaction Score
I love the way Dawn schedules. It's my favorite thing about her.

Our baseball program was in a similar position years ago now and generally chose to fill 3/4 weekends with non-contests rather than put anything at risk.

With that said, I sorta hope that the remaining openings are early and intentional laughers.

Duke is a good start in that direction, but maybe even weaker competition would be in order for whatever remains. I want to get some long looks at the young ones.

Maybe that would be more likely if the games were nearer the end of non-conference. Not sure.

Reaction Score
It wouldn't surprise me now that we've finally nailed down dates for Stanford and Duke - two games Dawn was really working hard to get added - that any available open slots left will now get filled pretty quickly. My bet was she was keeping those dates open in case the other ones weren't working out....

Reaction Score

Pretty much EVERY non-conference game we've scheduled, has been announced to the public by those programs, and NOT by us. Coach Staley has been pretty close to vest about letting that info out. So we knew that she was working hard on Maryland, Stanford, and Duke from earlier press interviews, so it probably made better sense to just follow THOSE WBB sites until they made their announcements..... ;)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

On Dec 15...hopefully chicken..... perhaps crow :oops:

I love the way Dawn schedules. It's my favorite thing about her.

With that said, I sorta hope that the remaining openings are early and intentional laughers.

Duke is a good start in that direction, but maybe even weaker competition would be in order for whatever remains. I want to get some long looks at the young ones.

hold on.gif

Hold up partna..... Duke? Weak??

Reaction Score
Confused where the UConn game normally played in February is going to be scheduled as the Gamecocks are scheduled to play SEC games on all the Sundays and Thursdays in February.

EDIT: Thursday, January 27.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Confused where the UConn game normally played in February is going to be scheduled as the Gamecocks are scheduled to play SEC games on all the Sundays and Thursdays in February.

Interesting

Reaction Score
2021-22 South Carolina Gamecocks Schedule
(That we currently know)

Exhibition TBD
Tues, 11/9 - @ NC State
Fri, 11/12 - South Dakota (Sioux Falls Invitational)
Wed, 11/17 - Clemson
Sat, 11/20 - Buffalo (Battle 4 Atlantis)
Sun, 11/21 - Oregon or Oklahoma (Battle 4 Atlantis)
Mon, 11/22 - UConn, Minnesota, USF, or Syracuse (Battle 4 Atlantis)
Mon, 11/29 - North Carolina A&T
Fri, 12/3 - Kansas State (SEC/Big 12 Challenge)
Sun, 12/12 - Maryland (Jimmy V Classic)
Wed, 12/15 - @ Duke
Tues, 12/21 - Stanford

Thur, 12/30 - @ Missouri
Sun, 1/2 - Ole Miss
Thur, 1/6 - @ LSU
Sun, 1/9 - Kentucky
Thur, 1/13 - Texas A&M
Sun, 1/16 - @ Arkansas
Mon, 1/24 - Vanderbilt
Thur, 1/27 - UConn

Sun, 1/30 - @ Florida
Thur, 2/3 - Alabama
Sun, 2/6 - Mississippi State
Thur, 2/10 - Kentucky
Sun, 2/13 - @ Georgia
Thur, 2/17 - Auburn
Sun, 2/20 - Tennessee
Thur, 2/24 - Texas A&M
Sun, 2/27 - Ole Miss

There’s a couple open Thursdays on 1/20 and 1/27 for potential game schedulings. I’m thinking we may not get the full compliment of 14 non-conference games that was the norm prior to last season/COVID.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Games of note: we play home games versus Tennessee and Mississippi State. Just one game apiece for them. We play road games versus Georgia, LSU, and Arkansas. One game each. We play two games home and away versus Kentucky and Texas A&M.

Still do not understand the disrespect that Georgia has gotten in preseason rankings for next season. They return most of their starters and were ranked 10th in the AP poll's final ranking, before the NCAAT. I feel that they, Tennessee, and Kentucky will be our most formidable foes in the SEC for this season....

Reaction Score
Games of note: we play home games versus Tennessee and Mississippi State. Just one game apiece for them. We play road games versus Georgia, LSU, and Arkansas. One game each. We play two games home and away versus Kentucky and Texas A&M.

Still do not understand the disrespect that Georgia has gotten in preseason rankings for next season. They return most of their starters and were ranked 10th in the AP poll's final ranking, before the NCAAT. I feel that they, Tennessee, and Kentucky will be our most formidable foes in the SEC for this season....
It's just one random ranking at this point, I think.

In general this is probably one of the more stacked seasons of WBB in awhile based on extra year and transfer portal.

Could UGA ruin a top 6 season in tournament? Maybe.

Reaction Score
“The Gamecocks stay home to face NCAA Sweet 16 foe Texas A&M on Thu., Jan. 13, but are back on the road at Arkansas three days later (Jan. 16). After skipping a midweek game on the schedule, South Carolina faces a busy week hosting Vanderbilt on Mon., Jan. 24, and non-conference rival UConn on Thu., Jan. 27, before traveling to Florida for a Sunday title (Jan. 30).”

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It's just one random ranking at this point, I think.

In general this is probably one of the more stacked seasons of WBB in awhile based on extra year and transfer portal.

Could UGA ruin a top 6 season in tournament? Maybe.
Did Coombs graduate?

Reaction Score
Did Coombs graduate?

It would not surprise me if she did, or at least in terms of earning her college degree: she spent her first two seasons with CT, then transferred to UGA but had to sit out the 2019-20 season per NCAA transfer rules. She was a redshirt Junior last season, but should have earned her degree after 4 years. She wasn't expected to be drafted by the WNBA, so she didn't opt out of her senior year of eligibility for that, and will be a 5th-year redshirt Senior for the 2021-22 season.....

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Kiki is one of the best shooters to come out of SC IMO.. just a bucket.

Reaction Score
Dawn dropping a couple bits of news in the video: one contract needs to be signed before official non-conference schedule can be released, and Aliyah is carrying 20 less pounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom