Gamecocks 2022-23: Part One | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022-23: Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have no doubt Dawn and her players have done amazing things in and for the community. I don't question that in any way.

And that is kind of on-point to this discussion. She knows the importance of the work she's done. And this does not remotely rise to the level of national outrage. She fights for big issues that affect important needs.

Walking on a red carpet isn't one of them.
I thought you said twice “ I’m done here.”

We’re done. With you in this thread. If you wanna keep in, take it to the ESPN thread on this same sub forum. Sorry you don’t like our coach.

Back to basketball

Reaction Score
Oh yes, the horrible injustice of NOT getting an invite to an irrelevant award show/Hollywood party. That no one in her category got an invite to, that Boston didn't win.

Oh the injustice.

Staley called for "national outrage." If not getting invited to a hokey party is an national outrage, what is Brittney Griner's situation? School kids getting massacred? Poor American communities not having a water supply they can drink from or bathe in?

For Dawn, who supposedly is a voice for young Black women, to claim this is a "national outrage" is laughable. It's actually insulting given some of the real national outrages we have in this country.

Boston was disrespected? She won NPOY, DPOY and was MVP of the Final Four. She has been glorified by numerous overwhelming positive ESPN video and magazine features. In what universe has she ever been disrespected? (Except maybe one clip of her in tears along with another player from AZ -- hint: TV has been showing players in tears for 50 years, she's hardly the only one).

Dawn is playing this up as a media issue because it is her brand to play the victim. I find it disgusting.
So?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Last couple of seasons, the schedules were released in September. Last season’s release was on 9/21.

That's kinda late. Guess that is due to having to scramble for opponents.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I have some thoughts on the GG Jackson switch but some of y'all might accuse me of being a "hater" or trying to stir the pot. That being said, I'm glad the kid changed his mind and decided to stay at home. The reaction up here has been nourishing to my soul.

Reaction Score
I have some thoughts on the GG Jackson switch but some of y'all might accuse me of being a "hater" or trying to stir the pot. That being said, I'm glad the kid changed his mind and decided to stay at home. The reaction up here has been nourishing to my soul.
Okay let me preempt you. Hater whose mbb was previously on probation for cheating. Thsnk U Lol

Reaction Score
GG just changing his mind back to his original inclination. Same "insiders" who first signaled GG might decommit and reclassify to USC also originally reported that GG planned to commit to Frank Martin, who wanted him to reclassify to '22 and be a Gamecock, but then Martin was fired and Jackson went to his next choice, UNC, for the '23 class. South Carolina had already gone through the reclassification process and approved him for '22, which made things convenient for GG once he changed his mind and decided, undoubtedly for professional BB reasons, to go the reclassification route.

I just wish GG was a couple years younger and was coming to a USC program after Coach Paris got in a couple of his recruiting classes. But beggars can't be choosers. We'll see if this helps to give future high rated in state talent the idea of staying home. Hopefully GG's commitment will bring in a high quality transfer still in the portal with the last remaining scholarship spot available for next season's team.

Reaction Score
Watched him play for Ridge View past couple years. Big time flip!

Reaction Score
they said GG Jackson go 3mill in Nil to go to South Carolina,that Sec football money strikes again. Sad how college sports is now tho

Reaction Score
Doubt that rumor is accurate, though there will be good NIL opportunities for the local star staying home. But hey, if South Carolina actually can get 3M for a basketball player, it will be interesting to see what will be out there for football players. Maybe there will be money to compete with schools and their $8M QB’s.

Reaction Score
For SCar fans- you are pretty pessimistic about Lamont Paris ability to recruit. 3Mil NIL deal confirmed by someone named “i heard”

Reaction Score
It's my understanding GG always wanted to go to USC and was a fan of Frank Martin. His firing really forced his hand, hence the UNC decision. He must have built at relationship with Coach Paris and staff over the months and thought it was a shot to comeback home. I don't believe this was a money decision but more of a classification issue. UNC only wanted him for the 23-24 season and USC could offer him the chance to play this upcoming season and still play for the home team.

Reaction Score
they said GG Jackson go 3mill in Nil to go to South Carolina,that Sec football money strikes again. Sad how college sports is now tho

I saw that, but almost certainly that's sour grapes.

There isn't remotely that much investment in gamecock MBB typically. And that's a lot more than has been mentioned for any other player across sports.

So that would be a real shock. Ain't no way. We don't care that much.

Family wanted him home.

Reaction Score
I saw that, but almost certainly that's sour grapes.

There isn't remotely that much investment in gamecock MBB typically. And that's a lot more than has been mentioned for any other player across sports.

So that would be a real shock. Ain't no way. We don't care that much.

Family wanted him home.
oh I enjoy seeing new schools get players, I can't deny and say Mobley father being hired didn't play a role in both of the sons coming here. Just hope that we don't have bidding wars deciding where players go and that players go to a school because they love the school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom