Gamecocks 2021 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2021

Reaction Score
Another Gamecock fan mentioned her a while back. I actually see her athleticism as fairly normal for her size, she’s not the athletic freak that Dawn typically recruits but I don’t see her athleticism as a deterrent. I think we should give her a look if we haven’t already
Maybe it's just the power of suggestion, but she does remind me a lot of her dad, who did have a small NBA career.

She's pretty coltish and thin like Ryan was. Long arms to go along with pretty good touch. Lefty. Get her a bit stronger and more experienced, keep extending her range, maybe she grows another inch or two.

Still seems like a project to work on, but that is again what her dad was.

Reaction Score

Ecstatic for Bree. Sucks the game won’t be played again this year. ?

Reaction Score

Must land her as I heard UConn and Baylor are in on her now. One of Baylor’s assistants was at the game. 6’4” Riley Stack of Wren HS who was previously mentioned as someone of interest showed well in the game as well. She has a little more filling out in her body and getting stronger but I think she can be a P5 player.

Reaction Score

Ecstatic for Bree. Sucks the game won’t be played again this year. ?

SC will have 10 McDonald's All Americans on next year's squad. That is not including Amihere who Dawn thinks might have the most pro potential. That has to be a record.

Reaction Score
SC will have 10 McDonald's All Americans on next year's squad. That is not including Amihere who Dawn thinks might have the most pro potential. That has to be a record.
I’m pretty sure Texas had like 10 all Americans a couple of seasons ago

Reaction Score
Duke's record is 9 (i think) on the 2013-14 squad
If everyone stays another year Baylor will have 9 next year!
Dijonai, Didi, smith, Egbo, J. Oliver, Owens, Andrews, Gusters, Dauda will be the all-Americans!

Reaction Score
It’s a SC record
Until Dawn can prove she can coach with good guards in mind, she can join the coaches who havent done much with all those McDonalds AAs.

Reaction Score
Until Dawn can prove she can coach with good guards in mind, she can join the coaches who havent done much with all those McDonalds AAs.

What a profoundly uneducated attempt to troll a fanbase.

You just quoted that "all those McDonalds AAs" would be a program record. They haven't even enrolled at USC yet, and you're already labeling what Staley has done with them to be a failure?

Staley has already won a NCAA national championship with a roster of far fewer McDonalds AAs than what is being discussed here. And Staley has coached several guards who were not top rated out of high school, to WNBA 1st Rd. draft picks. One of those "good guards" was the starter for the national championship team that Staley coached. She was the overall 7th pick in the WNBA draft, but wasn't even in the top 7 rated PGs of her prep class.

Spend more time developing your troll game....

Reaction Score
What a profoundly uneducated attempt to troll a fanbase.

You just quoted that "all those McDonalds AAs" would be a program record. They haven't even enrolled at USC yet, and you're already labeling what Staley has done with them to be a failure?

Staley has already won a NCAA national championship with a roster of far fewer McDonalds AAs than what is being discussed here. And Staley has coached several guards who were not top rated out of high school, to WNBA 1st Rd. draft picks. One of those "good guards" was the starter for the national championship team that Staley coached. She was the overall 7th pick in the WNBA draft, but wasn't even in the top 7 rated PGs of her prep class.

Spend more time developing your troll game....
I watch a lot of women's college basketball, I dont think I'm uneducated. I'm not a Dawn Staley fan, plain and simple. I dont think she's that impressive. She's always been underwhelming compared to what she is hyped to be. UConn fans are only seeing the light because of her recent BS with the Wilson ball. She won a championship, which is something to note. She was fortunate that UConn lost that year, AND that Turner tore her ACL. She can recruit the house down, but her guards cant function on her team. They are mediocre. If she can change that in her coaching, South Carolina will be dangerous.

Reaction Score

lol yeah ok

Reaction Score
OMI...does anyone else feel that Boston is not in as physical condition as she should be. I have seen times when she appears to be breathing faster with shallow breathes then the other team members.If SC faces an opponent that likes to run and Boston must remain on the court this could be a disadvantages to SC...just maybe.

Reaction Score
OMI...does anyone else feel that Boston is not in as physical condition as she should be. I have seen times when she appears to be breathing faster with shallow breathes then the other team members.If SC faces an opponent that likes to run and Boston must remain on the court this could be a disadvantages to SC...just maybe.
Probably, but I think Boston does more than her fair share in the court given her offensive ability and defensive prowess. Could she do more? Sure. Does she need to for SC to win a title? I believe she does.

With Boston’s size and strength, she’s not going to run the floor like a guard. I’ve been namely impressed by her ability to switch out onto the perimeter. She seems more agile than I’d expect for her size.

There seem to be two categories of post players: agile and athletic forwards who function as centers for their teams (Nelson-Ododa, Hillmon, S. Austin, C. Collier) and true centers who dominate the paint (Boston, Cunane, K. Cardoso). Neither grouping is inherently better than the other. I just think Boston falls into the latter bucket. The fast and well-conditioned 5-players tend to be in the former.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I watch a lot of women's college basketball, I dont think I'm uneducated. I'm not a Dawn Staley fan, plain and simple. I dont think she's that impressive. She's always been underwhelming compared to what she is hyped to be. UConn fans are only seeing the light because of her recent BS with the Wilson ball. She won a championship, which is something to note. She was fortunate that UConn lost that year, AND that Turner tore her ACL. She can recruit the house down, but her guards cant function on her team. They are mediocre. If she can change that in her coaching, South Carolina will be dangerous.
You're not a Dawn fan. Great. You're likely not a South Carolina fan. Great.

Why are you in a South Carolina thread? Just to troll? Are you lacking attention at home?

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I hate to feed the trolls but enough is enough.

If we trolled a UConn thread like this we'd be banned to oblivion.

Reaction Score
A lot of the top teams will have roster turnovers next season.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I hate to feed the trolls but enough is enough.

If we trolled a UConn thread like this we'd be banned to oblivion.
Yep... that statement in bold is true. Why a non would want to come in here just to troll you is beyond me. Though in my opinion Reypl21 is a good poster whose intent wasn't to troll.

But..... yall never answered my question... was Ryan Stack on that #2 seeded South Carolina team that lost to #15 seeded Coppin State in the first round of the NCAA tourney? :cool::p

Reaction Score
Yep... that statement in bold is true. Why a non would want to come in here just to troll you is beyond me. Though in my opinion Reypl21 is a good poster whose intent wasn't to troll.

But..... yall never answered my question... was Ryan Stack on that #2 seeded South Carolina team that lost to #15 seeded Coppin State in the first round of the NCAA tourney? :cool::p
Yes

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom