Galapagos, Machu Picchu, Easter Island | The Boneyard

Galapagos, Machu Picchu, Easter Island

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
The wife and I are visiting these places this month. My wife is an excellent planner and preparer(thankfully) so we have a very detailed itinerary but if anyone has visited any of these places I would enjoy any recommendations and/or suggestions . We have guides arranged for the trip. I am interested about proper clothing and footwear and other things that may arise during the trip that we might not have considered. An added plus is that I'm only going to miss a few Husky games while I'm gone.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I can only speak to Macchu Picchu. It’s at about 8000 feet. Probably cold even though it’s getting to be spring there. Some people hike up there, but it’s really for veteran hikers. Worth it unless the weathers bad. Other places but it requires transportation are Kuzco and Lake Titticaca.

Reaction Score
The wife and I are visiting these places this month. My wife is an excellent planner and preparer(thankfully) so we have a very detailed itinerary but if anyone has visited any of these places I would enjoy any recommendations and/or suggestions . We have guides arranged for the trip. I am interested about proper clothing and footwear and other things that may arise during the trip that we might not have considered. An added plus is that I'm only going to miss a few Husky games while I'm gone.
Can you post or DM guides/intinerary/etc...we are thinking about going and would appreciate if you found good local contacts...thx

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Galapagos: If you are visiting the islands, then you are staying on the boat for sleeping etc. (Unless you are going to Santa Clara, which has hotels) Just be ready for that part. The water is colder that it should be at the equator, so you need a wet suit for snorkeling, etc.. I brought one I rented here to insure proper fit.
Machu Picchu is really interesting but if you are going this month, you are going to be there in the rainy season so prepare for that too.

QDOG5

Reaction Score
Galapagos: If you are visiting the islands, then you are staying on the boat for sleeping etc. (Unless you are going to Santa Clara, which has hotels) Just be ready for that part. The water is colder that it should be at the equator, so you need a wet suit for snorkeling, etc.. I brought one I rented here to insure proper fit.
Machu Picchu is really interesting but if you are going this month, you are going to be there in the rainy season so prepare for that too.
Staying on a boat in the Galapagos. Will be renting a wet suit. Thanks for the heads on Machu Picchu

Reaction Score
How are you doing Machu Picchu? Are you flying into Lima and then flying to Cusco? The difference in altitude is about 12,000 feet so make sure you are prepared for that if you are doing a short stint. Some people can be very effected by the altitude. It's beautiful. There's a few different ways to get up to the site, hike it or take a bus.

QDOG5

Reaction Score
That portion of our trip consists of flying Lima to Cusco then two days Cusco to acclimate and do some sightseeing.Then we take a bus to the Sacred Valley visiting some towns along the way. Then the train to Machu Picchu.

QDOG5

Reaction Score
Has anyone climbed up Huayna Picchu?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member