UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Cole, Gaffney, Martin, Whaley, Sanogo

Jackon, Polley first off the bench

Gaffney, Bouk, Martin, Whaley Sanogo

Cole, Jackson, Polley, First off the bench

Reaction Score
Gaffney is a baller. I said this a while ago- he is much better than Cole.
They both have been playing well. Playing within themselves. Not hurting the team. And Gaff helped today.

Their improvement has been the best part of Bouk's absence. Maybe they improve the same with Bouk on the floor as well, but I'm just gunna say they don't. Put a positive spin on the injury.

Reaction Score
I like when Gaffney can play off the ball. The Cole, Gaff, Ajax line up was solid. With Bouk coming back hopefully soon, I expect Tyler Phommachanh and BA minutes to drop. Can’t have them play major minutes and not giving much.

Reaction Score
Gaff will have an even better game vs PC playing against Alyn Breed and having Bouk alongside him. Also PC doe st have nearly the interior presence on defense as Seton Hall.

Reaction Score
Gaffney played very well today on offense, best game of his career. I too like him off the ball. I like RJ but he needs to play better than he did today.

Reaction Score
Gaffney seemed to have his offense really click 12 games into his sophomore year.
If we read that statement before the season started I think we would be good with that going into conference play . It sucks that 12 games into his sophomore year happened in February.

Reaction Score
Nope. I just don't think our lottery pick and our back up PG averaging 5/5/2 on 36/36/82 splits have anything in common. Crazy, I know.

This is the same site that asked if Polley is the next Duncan Robinson after a hot two games.
Gaffney getting to the rim with ease against one of the best interior defending teams in the conference is a good thing.

Reaction Score
I've also said this from day 1.

That's great that you said it from day one. The problem is, over the course of the season, it hasn't been true. Gaffney was outstanding on offense today, no question. I hope we see more of that and I'm sure Hurley will give him a chance. But to pretend he should have been playing more all along when he's been way below par is bizarre.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Gaffney getting to the rim with ease against one of the best interior defending teams in the conference is a good thing.

And that is the biggest difference between Gaff and Cole. With Gaff it's either confidence or hesitation. But if he's chooses to get to the rim, he can get separation and he can draw contact.

With Cole, he's just limited by being short, slow, short arms and not a great jumper.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom