OT: Gadgets. I need to buy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Basically because I am bored.

Suggestions?

Exemptions - I have more smart phones than even William Shea recommends for marathons. Also, we have Echos and a Google Home and I just do not find them useful at all.

Reaction Score
Grab a bluetooth speaker if you dont have one.

This bad boy is the Big Blue Party from Brookstone:
849504p.jpg

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Sevenhugs Smart Remote
facebook-og.jpg

One remote to rule them all? We've heard that siren song for years, but this may be it. All you do is point the thing at stuff and it works. No need for a million buttons and switching from STB to DVR to lamp to thermostat. The touch screen changes based upon what you are pointing in at. Once it is set up, you point and it works. Not cheap but pretty damn cool.

The downside is the manufacturer is French so if any of your devices put up a fight, the remote will probably surrender.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I got an Amazon Echo Dot this week, pretty solid piece for 39.99

Cool features, nothing out of this world though

Reaction Score
I recommend you purchasing the new Oculus VR. Then, please let us know why it is never a good idea to buy the first iteration of a new technology for $600.

Myself, I am intrigued enough to try it, but not for that price, and not when I probably would use it 5x.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
And you need this in San Diego?
I'm actually in LA but I live on the side of a mountain so we get a lot of wind and it's cool to know how strong they are - plus when it rains here it really dumps and I like to know how much we get.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Sevenhugs Smart Remote
facebook-og.jpg

One remote to rule them all? We've heard that siren song for years, but this may be it. All you do is point the thing at stuff and it and it works. No need for a millions buttons and switch from STB to DVR to lamp to thermostat. The touch screen changes based upon what you are pointing in at. Once it is set up you point, and it works. Not cheap but pretty damn cool.

The downside is the manufacturer is French so if any of your devices put up a fight, the remote will probably surrender.
This looks really cool, but they definitely need to add RF capability and three sensors in a room and the ability to only control stuff in one room is really limited. Fewer sensors and multiroom are a must for a $223 remote. Once they iron those things out, I'm all in on a couple of these.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
While not a gadget, you might want to look at purchasing one of these
51kOw7BMWeL.jpg

Haribo sugar free gummy bears. Read the online reviews. My side was hurting I was laughing so much.
I'm having deja vu ... still, it's funny so I'll take another look.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I'm actually in LA but I live on the side of a mountain so we get a lot of wind and it's cool to know how strong they are - plus when it rains here it really dumps and I like to know how much we get.
I realized my mistake afterward, but was too lazy to fix it. It would be interesting with the crazy weather that we have been seeing of late in CT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom