Gabby Williams interview | The Boneyard

Gabby Williams interview

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Not sure if these were posted or not but I liked what she had to say:
  • Been working on her ball handling and range over the summer
  • Practices have been going well (Geno would disagree)... A little bit up and down, but everyone's been going hard and good energy
  • Practices are harder than games, and that's on purpose
  • None of us have forgotten about the loss. We talk about it. Using it as a teaching moment and motivation
  • "Azura - for me - I don't have to guard the big guy any more!"
Really good and refreshing interview. Good questions too by the interviewer.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
She's special. I do hope improves her handle and outside shooting enough that she can expand her game and play wing, or even guard, in the W. A 5'11" post player will struggle, and she's far too talented NOT to make a splash in the pros!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In the tight NC championship game of her freshman year, Gabby didn't play much. At one point, Geno put her in, and she made a mistake. Geno took her out quickly, but gave her a brief talk of encouragement. Even though the game was very important, he made sure to give constructive feedback to a young player with amazing potential.

Reaction Score
In the tight NC championship game of her freshman year, Gabby didn't play much. At one point, Geno put her in, and she made a mistake. Geno took her out quickly, but gave her a brief talk of encouragement. Even though the game was very important, he made sure to give constructive feedback to a young player with amazing potential.

She said before the NC during her sophomore year that her head was spinning. She didn’t know where she should be or what she should do. Boy has she come a long way

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"Azura - for me - I don't have to guard the big guy any more!"

Sounds like Gabby thinks Z is going to be in there with her @MilfordHusky et al. Miss State "we panicked." Nobody has put that word on it before, right?

In Lou's interview she said Z is on "our" practice team this year. Hmmm....

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sounds like Gabby thinks Z is going to be in there with her @MilfordHusky et al. Miss State "we panicked." Nobody has put that word on it before, right?

In Lou's interview she said Z is on "our" practice team this year. Hmmm....
My guess is that Z played on the opposition practice team last year. Everyone is happy that Z is on the right team this year. Well, everyone but Triad and Cam. ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99