Fuller with some great Geno quotes at today's breakfast | The Boneyard

Fuller with some great Geno quotes at today's breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
On Saniya Chong
"Saniya Chong our freshman was great in November, December but transferred in January. I have been looking for her since we got back from Christmas (break). I said 'what country did they take you back too? I am not sure but hopefully when the NCAA tournament comes everything changes."

On Kiah Stokes
"I try not to think about her because she drives me crazy, if you line Kiah Stokes on every other player on our team and somebody came to Mars and I said point to our big kid who is a first-team All-American, they wouldn't point to Stewie or Stefanie, they would point to her because she looks like she be an All-American player. Then she will get 10 rebounds, block five shots, we will throw her the ball and she will look at it like somebody just gave her a hand grenade. She will go into the game, get a double double and the next day won't remember how she did it. She is just infuriating. She is the nicest kid I have ever recruited, smart, Dean's List, everything, the nicest kid in the world."

Great comments on Stewie as well.... LINK

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
LOL thats a wake up call for the NCAAs. I'm looking forward to the 1st 2 rounds. I think both step it up. Saniya under the big lights could put on a show. She has the tools, she just has to stop thinking to much. She is a terrific foul shooter, just take the damm ball and drive the lane and get fouled.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Geno talks about the play in the L'ville game when Asia Taylor fell down:

"There was an incident at Mohegan Sun the other day when we were playing Louisville, she had just given up two layups and the kid came off the screen and flopped like she wanted a foul. She fell down and Stewie got (upset) so she stood there staring at the kid who fell down and her kid has the ball at the 3-point line. So while she is looking at the kid who is on the floor, she just turns around and looks at the kid with the ball and the kid shoots a 3 right in her face. I take her out of the game and said 'what's your problem.' She said 'I was mad.' I said 'well, if you were mad why didn't you block her shot?' She said 'I was too mad.' I said 'well now you are going to really be mad, sit down.' She is still a young kid."

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Finally, when asked for a recruiting update he said that they have a big weekend coming up in May with some of the top players in the Class of 2015 and if they get commitments from them, they will be four of the top five players in the class and he raved about the quality of their personalities even more than their games without naming names of course.

That would be nice....Durr, Samuelson, Collier/Boykin, Brown.

Of course if he's talking about 2015 and May, he's not thinking about 2o14 and April (when Wilson said she was committing).

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
My Breanna favorite:

We've got a player this year who is pretty much different from any other women's basketball player that I have seen in a long time. I have coached a long time, I have coached the best players in the Olympics, I have coached the best pros and there has not been anybody who has gone to college and does the things that this kid does and that is not to say that she is the finished product.

Reaction Score
I think Geno is one of most interesting sports personalities on the planet. He's a rare breed, indeed. Another guy who is equally charismatic and so very interesting is Charles Barkley. I don't know too many other guys that I would like to hang out and shoot the breeze with than these two. Oh, maybe Steven A. Smith who's a sports commentator on First Take that's on ESPN early every afternoon. I've always found him very interesting with a broad knowledge of sports. What a trifecta that would be.

Reaction Score
I think Geno is one of most interesting sports personalities on the planet. He's a rare breed, indeed. Another guy who is equally charismatic and so very interesting is Charles Barkley. I don't know too many other guys that I would like to hang out and shoot the breeze with than these two. Oh, maybe Steven A. Smith who's a sports commentator on First Take that's on ESPN early every afternoon. I've always found him very interesting with a broad knowledge of sports. What a trifecta that would be.
Agree on the first two but i will pass on SAS. He is a self important egomaniac to the Nth degree. He thinks his S%#t does not St*&K like the rest of us mortals.

Reaction Score
Agree on the first two but i will pass on SAS. He is a self important egomaniac to the Nth degree. He thinks his S%#t does not St*&K like the rest of us mortals.
I felt like that too, until I saw him on that program. The guy he squares off with every day is the most pompous ass I've ever seen. He knows everything so I like the fact that Steven A. knocks him off his perch time and again. Maybe that's why I've somewhat changed my mind regarding him. I thought he was primarily just an NBA guy but his knowledge is well rounded. Anyway, JMHO!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Boykin, Collier, Durr and Samuelson are all in the Hoopgurls top 8. Brown is 15. Don't know how they are ranked in the other services.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Finally, when asked for a recruiting update he said that they have a big weekend coming up in May with some of the top players in the Class of 2015 and if they get commitments from them, they will be four of the top five players in the class and he raved about the quality of their personalities even more than their games without naming names of course.

That would be nice....Durr, Samuelson, Collier/Boykin, Brown.

Of course if he's talking about 2015 and May, he's not thinking about 2o14 and April (when Wilson said she was committing).

This can't be. I have it on good authority that playing in the American will have a negative impact on UConn's recruiting...

Reaction Score
This can't be. I have it on good authority that playing in the American will have a negative impact on UConn's recruiting...
Doesn't hurt to have the kind of media exposure that UConn has. Not too many teams, men's or women's, get a dozen of their games nationally televised in an exclusive time slot.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I really want Lou. I also want Asia. She is supposed to be really good, a potential Olympian.
If we had a choice between Durr and Wilson (we don't, I know), but hypothetical.....I'd take Durr in a heartbeat.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Boykin, Collier, Durr and Samuelson are all in the Hoopgurls top 8. Brown is 15. Don't know how they are ranked in the other services.
Last I checked.

Prospect Nation
Durr #1
Samuelson #2
Collier #4
Boykin #8
Brown #9

Bluestar
Durr #1
Samuelson #2
Boykin #11
Collier #15
Brown #16

ASGR
Durr #1
Samuelson #2
Boykin #3
Collier #4
Brown #7

Fullcourt
Durr #1
Samuelson #2
Brown #3
Collier #6
Boykin #8

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
If we had a choice between Durr and Wilson (we don't, I know), but hypothetical.....I'd take Durr in a heartbeat.
U know what- when u have a great -great point guard, u can win any game. I'm with you. If we get Aja, it will be said- we get all the best players every year- which is not the case, but the pervasive mindset to the "casual observers". I am excited about a totally different team next year and the totally different look without another tall "superstar" if she decides to go to SC! Don't get me wrong- I love Steph/Bria as much as the rest of this board!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
You know what. If we get 4 of the 5 mentioned and with our incoming class this season and with our roster and with Tuck having 3 more years. WOW. Thats 6 more years at the top and everybody is chasing us. Geno reminds me of T Boone Pickens. He's pickin the cream of the crop and getting most of them For the rest of WCBB well they're all T Boone Pickens cousin....Slim Pickens. LOL

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
You know what. If we get 4 of the 5 mentioned and with our incoming class this season and with our roster and with Tuck having 3 more years. WOW. Thats 6 more years at the top and everybody is chasing us. Geno reminds me of T Boone Pickens. He's pickin the cream of the crop and getting most of them For the rest of WCBB well they're all T Boone Pickens cousin....Slim Pickens. LOL
U r the man!

Reaction Score
Barkley's full of it...

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Looks like Geno's statement was either a slight exaggeration, or that he was referring to getting four of the kids that he and his staff regard as the top five. I wonder if Brown is one of them.

Reaction Score
Looks like Geno's statement was either a slight exaggeration, or that he was referring to getting four of the kids that he and his staff regard as the top five. I wonder if Brown is one of them.
I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Geno doesn't even know what they're ranked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom