Fudd is down to UCLA and UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fudd is down to UCLA and UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Now let me tell you what is going to happen. Azzi is going to set down with her mother and father and they are going to discuss what she is looking for academically, socially, culturally and and basketball wise. She is going to ask them their opinion as what they feel she should do and why. After this discussion she is going to weigh her options and do what she feels is in the best interests of both her and her parents.
I believe that was done quite a while ago. ;)

Reaction Score
If its truly down to these 2 schools, Geno has a permanent big smile..

Reaction Score
The fact that this "news" is not a quote or has a second source verification leaves me highly suspect of this "news".

I asked if it was true...he said you never know but he had no reason to believe it wasn’t

Reaction Score
The clincher comes when Mom and Dad, who have seen every practice and game she's ever played in say, "We'll try to get out there to the coast and see whatever game we can".

Reaction Score
If she has Hollywood aspirations, UCLA would be the place to be. Is the whole family wanting to go Hollywood?

Swimming pools, movie stars.......

Reaction Score
Do you think that warrants Hoopgurlz to restructure again?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Since it’s Azzi she should get her own thread: View attachment 59342
View attachment 59343

Thanks DaBball, great post!! I didn’t see UCLA in the mix. Cori Close or Geno. :rolleyes: The Pac12 has some very competitive programs. She’ll get lots of exposure wherever she goes.

She’ll be on national TV ((ESPN, FS1, SNY) more if she chooses UConn. UCLA‘s games are shown on the Pac12 network on a pay-per-view basis. Well, we know more now than we did yesterday. :)

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If true it would be the first time in a while that a top recruit has let a sports media announce her finalists. And what a contrast, one player is making her first actual list of schools a month before signing time while another is announcing her intention to announce her 13 schools. I agree with the poster who says let 'em have some fun.

I remember UConn or N Dame, UConn or Stanford, UConn or Duke, et al but this is the first time for it coming down to UConn or UCLA.
Those players are in two different classes Azzi is class of 2021. Maya Nnaji is class of 2022.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
If she has Hollywood aspirations, UCLA would be the place to be. Is the whole family wanting to go Hollywood?

Swimming pools, movie stars.......

Beverly Hills is a mere stone’s throw from Westwood. Actually they’re neighbors. They share the same city limit boundaries.

HGN

Reaction Score
So , it's down to East Coast or West Coast.....Opposites. I can see good rationale for either choice. She can go West and hope there are other good support players and be The Team , or stay East and be on a potential NC team playing with her BFF.
I know what I would do.

But who knows the whims of a teenager?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
My son lives walkable to UCLA. Nice urban campus when the smoke isn’t rolling in and the earth not quaking. I love it there actually, but as of a few years ago they had a problem with rats at night. And the virus has shut down half the hangouts in Westwood Village. Not that I would mention any of those things to a recruit.

Reaction Score
The fact that UCLA is in the final 2 with Uconn shows that they have something special to offer to Fudd, totally unexpected by the fan base of both schools I am sure. I would give them at least an even chance of landing Fudd. This would be one of the biggest coups in recruiting in a long time.

Reaction Score
Needless to say, this would be the biggest recruit, possibly in UCLA WBB history. I believe the last time they had a #1 recruit was Kaz and we sadly know how that turned out. The last big ones that had were down to UCLA/UConn were Taurasi and Nikki Blue.
I think Cheryl Miller would dispute that.

arch

Reaction Score
If true it would be the first time in a while that a top recruit has let a sports media announce her finalists. And what a contrast, one player is making her first actual list of schools a month before signing time while another is announcing her intention to announce her 13 schools. I agree with the poster who says let 'em have some fun.

I remember UConn or N Dame, UConn or Stanford, UConn or Duke, et al but this is the first time for it coming down to UConn or UCLA.
Gemelos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99