FSU Machiavellian Take | Page 2 | The Boneyard

FSU Machiavellian Take

Reaction Score
UNC, Duke, Va Tech, and Virginia are better than any AAC team now.
Minimum 2, probably 3, and possibly all 4 will be leaving the ACC when FSU, Clemson, and maybe Miami do

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
ESPN’s principal goal here was protecting the SEC. If it poisoned the ACC, that’s a useful if unintentional side effect.

When the dust settles, the “G5” as we know it would be wise to reconstitute itself into some kind of new form that distinguishes it from the top level of FBS. This probably will involve both UConn and some of those ACC leftovers.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Minimum 2, probably 3, and possibly all 4 will be leaving the ACC when FSU, Clemson, and maybe Miami do
Still better than the AAC, Sun Belt, MAC or MWC. I think they would want Clemson and FSU and not sure Florida would want Miami just saying.

Reaction Score
First, FSU isn’t a person, it’s an institution. Exactly who do you think was hoping to get passed over? Not the players. Not the students.

More importantly, if an institution could have a hope, who cares what it is hoping. You think the Committee made a phone call and said “Hey, FSU, are you secretly hoping you’re left out so we have freedom not to pick you?”
This isn’t a legal brief. No need to be so literal. This is comparable to saying UConn wants to be in a P4 conference. UConn is an institution. Who wants that? Not my neighbor who is a professor in the statistics dept. He doesn’t follow college sports. He has some professional soccer team from Europe he follows but that’s it. It is clear to any reasonable person that the post was referring to university and athletic department administrators and boosters who liked that it gave them more ammunition for getting out of the ACC.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
ESPN’s principal goal here was protecting the SEC. If it poisoned the ACC, that’s a useful if unintentional side effect.
Or, as I read today; having FSU in would result in a $150M decrease in revenue for them. So nothing personal, just business. The useful if unintentional side effect is the grief it's causing for the FL governor.

Reaction Score
You really cannot make this stuff up. Apparently the Seminoles were not undefeated. Come on Dan!

Reaction Score
I like Dan O, but that’s a bad take. No, FSU isn’t as good as they were with Travis, but they also haven’t lost. Texas and Bama have. They also both struggled at times.

Reaction Score
There is a part of me that loves what happened to the ACC in this regard… Passed over us multiple times, and we have that mass defection, and now they get a historic slap in the face.

I love all of it.

Reaction Score
Don't feel too sorry for the ACC...as I have been told at many a sad time..."They're in a far better place".

The Orange Bowl will be ugly...a senior laden FSU will play Georgia with half the starters going to the NFL and more entering the Portal for cash bids..Can't blame the boys..they gave their all. Good luck to them. The situation has galvanized FSU fans...since Sunday, 3,500 new members of the Battles End (NIL)...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You really cannot make this stuff up. Apparently the Seminoles were not undefeated. Come on Dan!

Nobody wants to admit it because 13-0 snubbed is a nice storyline.

But Jordan Travis' scrambling ability opened up the entire FSU offense. Without him UF and UL put like 9 men in the box, played man, and basically shut the FSU offense down completely. There was virtually no space for their WR to operate and the running game was three yards and a cloud of I dunno maybe.

It was the right decision.

Separately let's see what Norvell does without Travis next year. Norvell was his HC at both Louisville and FSU; like Williams was for Riley at USC Travis was a combination sugar high and security blanket.

Reaction Score

But Jordan Travis' scrambling ability opened up the entire FSU offense. Without him UF and UL put like 9 men in the box, played man, and basically shut the FSU offense down completely. There was virtually no space for their WR to operate and the running game was three yards and a cloud of I dunno maybe.

Separately let's see what Norvell does without Travis next year. Norvell was his HC at both Louisville and FSU; like Williams was for Riley at USC Travis was a combination sugar high and security blanket.

Norvell coached Louisville? I missed that. Travis took 5 years to become a good QB and 6 to become a great one.

Reaction Score

Norvell came from Memphis.... Not Louisville. Bobby Petrino was at Louisville for Travis's freshman year.

Reaction Score

He's also just literally incorrect. Even if you take the "new team without Jordan Travis" narrative literally, the new team went 3-0 and won a P5 conference championship.

Reaction Score
What folks might be missing is that FSU's defense plays in...the last two games (Florida and Louisville) both teams had negative yards in the 4th quarter.

Held Louisville to just two field goals...and the Noles did have 164 rushing yards against a stacked box. Allowed the Gators 1 TD.

Reaction Score
What folks might be missing is that FSU's defense plays in...the last two games (Florida and Louisville) both teams had negative yards in the 4th quarter.

Held Louisville to just two field goals...and the Noles did have 164 rushing yards against a stacked box. Allowed the Gators 1 TD.
Yep. This is a pretty good FSU team. The Travis injury just provided the opportunity to load up on SEC/future SEC teams and make some extra money. Although, I really find it hard to believe that any school being in the playoff is worth $150,000,000 more than FSU. That seems really far fetched.

Reaction Score
Yep. This is a pretty good FSU team. The Travis injury just provided the opportunity to load up on SEC/future SEC teams and make some extra money. Although, I really find it hard to believe that any school being in the playoff is worth $150,000,000 more than FSU. That seems really far fetched.
It turns out that a few of us were fooled by hornymcfrog, the twitter poster that initially appeared to be very reputable and beyond reproach. But alas, he pulled one of the most well thought out scams ever and now his account is suspended. I posted that in the other chat on FSU. It appears that my vetting process of going to twitter and posting whatever I see there without looking at anything appears to have been flawed and I work to improve there.

Reaction Score
First, FSU isn’t a person, it’s an institution. Exactly who do you think was hoping to get passed over? Not the players. Not the students.

More importantly, if an institution could have a hope, who cares what it is hoping. You think the Committee made a phone call and said “Hey, FSU, are you secretly hoping you’re left out so we have freedom not to pick you?”
I thought institutions were people too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom