Frontier drops NESN | The Boneyard

Frontier drops NESN

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, this has become a trend with the major cable companies dropping regional sports networks. Comcast dropped YES a few years back, luckily they were able to negotiate to get it back but I lost an entire season of Yankee baseball. They just dropped MSG rencently as well. Now, NESN is just the latest victim with Frontier. It really is a shame.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
I'm surprised anybody still has Frontier.
Mikey Day Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Reaction Score
I'm surprised anybody still has Frontier.
I thought Frontier was just a telephone/ internet provider ? . They got taken big time when they bought that loser
SNET from the sharks at ATT who sucked that company dry. How did they become a cable co.

Reaction Score
I switched to Hulu for tv last year. No real complaints so far.
And I switched to YouTube TV - in part because I have homes in FL and NYC, and I can take YTTV with me for the same subscription price - mid $60's per month. I still need to buy wifi access at both locations, but I am now saving over $200 per month!

I get local channels at both locations (YouTube TV does that switch automatically), cloud based VCR (with I think unlimited capacity) the ability to pick a team (UCONN BB for instance) and the service will record games all season, and adjust for switches (i.e., a game that starts on one ESPN channel temporarily because of an OT situation for a prior broadcast).

And speaking of ESPN, since I happen to also subscribe to Disney+ (for ~$15/month) I was able to watch/record games on the ESPN networks even while YTTV was renegotiating a few weeks ago. That takes a bit of fooling around (i.e., I have to log into Disney+ and then navigate to the game).

A no brainer as far as I am concerned!

Reaction Score
And I switched to YouTube TV - in part because I have homes in FL and NYC, and I can take YTTV with me for the same subscription price - mid $60's per month. I still need to buy wifi access at both locations, but I am now saving over $200 per month!

I get local channels at both locations (YouTube TV does that switch automatically), cloud based VCR (with I think unlimited capacity) the ability to pick a team (UCONN BB for instance) and the service will record games all season, and adjust for switches (i.e., a game that starts on one ESPN channel temporarily because of an OT situation for a prior broadcast).

And speaking of ESPN, since I happen to also subscribe to Disney+ (for ~$15/month) I was able to watch/record games on the ESPN networks even while YTTV was renegotiating a few weeks ago. That takes a bit of fooling around (i.e., I have to log into Disney+ and then navigate to the game).

A no brainer as far as I am concerned!
Same situation as you, but I think we have the Mets on SNY now in Ct. but no Yankees, Red Sox on NESN. In Florida I access my son’s MLB for Yankees but when in Ct. from June through September, 4 months I need to sign up elsewhere, maybe Comcast I guess.

Reaction Score
The most important thing is to end local cable monopolies. That’s how this happens. I know people who only have one choice. It’s ridiculous. When you’ve got 2-3 options they have to at least consider the customer.
There are options With streaming. I dont conside cable tv a monopoly any more. There are so many content options.

Internet access is the key now.

Reaction Score
There are options With streaming. I dont conside cable tv a monopoly any more. There are so many content options.

My kids do it seamlessly, I am too set in the old cable ways. I don’t watch much TV but when I do it’s my time to relax and keep life simple. Speaking UConn basketball into the Xfinity remote and clicking on the game does that for me. But, I certainly pay a price for that.

Reaction Score
The biggest adjustment to moving off cable is not having "live" sports anymore since it's at least 45 seconds behind cable. But that's a small price to pay and it forces me to stay off the Boneyard game chats which is something we could all use

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
The biggest adjustment to moving off cable is not having "live" sports anymore since it's at least 45 seconds behind cable. But that's a small price to pay and it forces me to stay off the Boneyard game chats which is something we could all use
I hop on and off during the breaks in the action.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

There isn’t a single streaming choice that can give me all the same content. Not one. There is still no point for local monopolies. Even with streaming you’ve still got a monopoly on the broadband. In places where there is one choice it’s usually slow and expensive.

Reaction Score
So in last 2 years I have lost YES, SNY, MSG, MLBNetwork, Nesn, NHL Network and probably more yet my rates keep going up. Think it’s time to switch.
FuboTV is the way to go for me until Yankees season starts.

If anyone wants to join, PM me and I can send you a referral link for $30 off your first month of Fubo.

Reaction Score
I switched to Hulu for tv last year. No real complaints so far.
I dropped Cox, I also switched to HULU and have Amazon prime. There was only one UCON basketball game that I had to stream. Of course that was not a Big East game. One or maybe two FB games were not available last year. So I had to stream the FB team losing. HULU keeps me set with at least 80% or more of my sports watching addiction. I have the enhanced HULU and us an inside attendees to get Grit TV so I get my fill of the RIFLEMAN and other westerns. ( another addiction).

CL82

Reaction Score
FuboTV is the way to go for me until Yankees season starts.

If anyone wants to join, PM me and I can send you a referral link for $30 off your first month of Fubo.
How’s the feed? Good quality consistently?

Reaction Score
How’s the feed? Good quality consistently?
No issues on the TV but sometimes the stream on my laptop is grainy. My guess it's my old laptop not having the visual capacity to match the streaming quality.

CL82

Reaction Score
No issues on the TV but sometimes the stream on my laptop is grainy. My guess it's my old laptop not having the visual capacity to match the streaming quality.
YouTube TV is just the opposite for me. It’s flawless on my laptop but ends up being a middling resolution on my TV and unless I go through my phone and Google Chrome it to the TV. Then it’s perfect.

What kind of TV do you have? I have an LG In the resolution issues with YTTV are a known issue.

Reaction Score
YouTube TV is just the opposite for me. It’s flawless on my laptop but ends up being a middling resolution on my TV and unless I go through my phone and Google Chrome it to the TV. Then it’s perfect.

What kind of TV do you have? I have an LG In the resolution issues with YTTV are a known issue.
A TCL QLED 55R635. I love the TV.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom