Free Throw Percentages at UConn | The Boneyard

Free Throw Percentages at UConn

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
For perspective, Earl Kelley graduated as #3 (.839%) on the Big East Career Free Throw percentage list
(currently #8). Richard Hamilton has moved ahead of him at #6 with an .844%... so these are great numbers to see.

Reaction Score
This is one reason I'm confident Newton will be able to shoot it at a decent level despite mediocre 3pt% numbers and moving up to high major. Shot selection was a lot of the issue for him, and he just needs slight mechanical tweaks. You just don't get to 85% from the line (and actually 88% the last 2 years) without the ability to consistently shoot from anywhere with incredible touch.

Reaction Score
For perspective, Earl Kelley graduated as #3 (.839%) on the Big East Career Free Throw percentage list
(currently #8). Richard Hamilton has moved ahead of him at #6 with an .844%... so these are great numbers to see.

That's really weird, I just randomly looked up the same thing.

It's important those guys are really good from the ft line because Cole and Polley were pretty much automatic.

Reaction Score
This is one reason I'm confident Newton will be able to shoot it at a decent level despite mediocre 3pt% numbers and moving up to high major. Shot selection was a lot of the issue for him, and he just needs slight mechanical tweaks. You just don't get to 85% from the line (and actually 88% the last 2 years) without the ability to consistently shoot from anywhere with incredible touch.
I’m excited for Newton. Love his game, albeit only from highlights on a poor team. Great to have another big playmaker as well, I loved DHam’s game here.

Reaction Score
And let's remember that we've won championships because people feared our free throw shooting...
You are talking about Calipari. Great recruiter but not a brilliant game coach. And I am being very kind

Reaction Score
That's great to see. Whenever I see points lost at the line I think back to '99-'00 when Mouring and El-Amin were nearly automatic at the line and had some ridiculous streak for consecutive FTs in league play.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm a bit disappointed with the basketball board that someone can lead off a thread mentioning Early Kelley and 17-18 hours later no one has mentioned how much more his game would have improved if he had played under Calhoun instead or Perno. Added bonus is someone would have thrown in a comment about tough love and father figure helping Kelley off the court similar to how Caron Butler credits Calhoun.

Instead we get multiple pages of posts on injured girls bball players.

Reaction Score
Hawkins should also be >80% and if Andre makes the shooting jump we think he will, he could be around the mid 70s as well.

That’s a lot of guys you can’t foul.

Reaction Score
Newton's 3 point shooting percentage will benefit from not being the focal point of the offense and not having to take bad shots because that's all ECU could get.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That's great to see. Whenever I see points lost at the line I think back to '99-'00 when Mouring and El-Amin were nearly automatic at the line and had some ridiculous streak for consecutive FTs in league play.
Bazz and Kemba

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom