OT: - Francesa App | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Francesa App

Reaction Score
And not to mention the recurring billing epidemic. When it’s small charges like 14.95 or less, companies bank on people either not noticing it on their bank statement or not deeming it high enough to care. You’re right, 7 or 8 of these can really add up and some are much more difficult to cancel than they should be. I recently canceled my debit card so some things couldn’t keep charging to it. But once I needed to put the new card number on my App Store, the few apps that were through that were able to charge to my card again. I bet consumers pay billions of $ per year on apps they no longer use just due to recurring charges and how hard some are to cancel.
Absolutely that is a business model and a big reason to be 'weird' about not signing up for recurring charges. Some people like to pay for a gym membership cuz it makes them feel like they will go or that they are at least trying. I'm more of the type that ain't paying unless I know I'm using it and getting my money's worth. In this instance its a good thing, but when I try to do the same at an all-you-can-eat buffet it is less-productive/psycho.

Reaction Score
And the app is dead. Well he sold it to radio.com and will appear there.

About a year after the longtime WFAN host launched his “Mike’s On” subscription app, it will shut down on Oct. 1 as it has been purchased by Radio.com, the company and Francesa announced. All of the content from the app will be hosted on Radio.com, which is making it all free.

Mike Francesa’s subscription app is dead

Reaction Score
Free for this month. Just downloaded it. Got through about half of the news regarding the app going to radio.com . My how boring.

Reaction Score
Jj is cool but yeah gotta draw the line on monthly subscriptions somewhere. I'll revisit his app once it's more established and they offer a free trial.
I can't listen to JJ...I actually turn to any other station. His accent is atrocious. I don't understand how he got a radio show

Reaction Score
I can't listen to JJ...I actually turn to any other station. His accent is atrocious. I don't understand how he got a radio show
He's the only one on WFAN I listen to anymore. Even Joe and Evan who I used to like have become unbearable

Reaction Score
He's the only one on WFAN I listen to anymore. Even Joe and Evan who I used to like have become unbearable
Different strokes....I can't listen to Bart Scott either....How can they have someone on the radio that doesn't use proper grammar....and if as an engineer I can tell...it's bad

Reaction Score
Different strokes....I can't listen to Bart Scott either....How can they have someone on the radio that doesn't use proper grammar....and if as an engineer I can tell...it's bad
That show is awful, I don't know how they've lasted this long

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Different strokes....I can't listen to Bart Scott either....How can they have someone on the radio that doesn't use proper grammar....

woof woof woof woof woof

Reaction Score
Mike’s on!
He’s ready to go!
On the FAN!
New York sports radio!
Mike’s on! Mike’s on!

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score

How can a New Yawker be a Dolphins fan?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duke79

Top Bottom