Former Texas AD says Big 12 should add more teams | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Former Texas AD says Big 12 should add more teams

Reaction Score
UConn is just too far away and overall is not a good fit to be in B12. ACC and perhaps B10 much better fit.
I was considering Blake Lively but I think maybe Bella Hadid or Scarlett Johansson would be better for me.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was considering Blake Lively but I think maybe Bella Hadid or Scarlett Johansson would be better for me.
Lol, who is the big east in this scenario, Rosie O’Donnell?

Reaction Score
If I'm the Big 12 and looking out at the landscape wondering who to take this is what I see....

Boise State - the most attractive option football wise. Everything else, meh.
Cincinnati - #2 hand's down. Dwarfed by OSU but still a good program sportwise
Memphis - #3 in Tennessee. Lots of FedEx cash but stadium is a joke and they're still Memphis State
Houston - #5 in Texas. Can fill Reliant Stadium with big teams coming in but still #5 in Texas
Central Florida - Biggest enrollment in the country but it's a commuter school. #4 in Florida. Big 12 can recruit there no problem.
South Florida - meh
BYU - no Sunday games. Non-starter.
Temple - I'd say #3 in Pennsylvania behind Penn St. and Penn. I've been to a few games there and never paid more than $7 for 2nd row seats.
UConn - we're just too damn far for this league.

This is just my opinion which when take that and add $1 will buy you a large diet Coke at McDonalds.
If Cinci were named The University of Ohio perhaps it would be viewed differently. It has a $1.5 billion endowment and 46k students. Boise State has $100 million. I gotta go with Cinci here. It also puts you smack in the middle of B1G Country.

Temple behind Penn State and Pitt, I assume.

Reaction Score
If Cinci were named The University of Ohio perhaps it would be viewed differently. It has a $1.5 billion endowment and 46k students. Boise State has $100 million. I gotta go with Cinci here. It also puts you smack in the middle of B1G Country.

Temple behind Penn State and Pitt, I assume.
Had no idea UC was founded before the Civil War. UL also could have been called Kentucky University. And in Connecticut, UConn has beat out CCSU/Connecticut State University system. Imagine the University of Connecticut having been in New Britain. Could have done quite well there.

Reaction Score
Had no idea UC was founded before the Civil War. UL also could have been called Kentucky University. And in Connecticut, UConn has beat out CCSU/Connecticut State University system. Imagine the University of Connecticut having been in New Britain. Could have done quite well there.
No idea what your point is but Cinci is about the best P5 option out there if you are looking for size and location, and who isn't.

Reaction Score
No idea what your point is but Cinci is about the best P5 option out there if you are looking for size and location, and who isn't.
Achieving flagship status. Had UL and UC done that, both schools would probably be in the SEC and Big Ten, respectively. Instead of being members of the Metro Conference, C-USA, etc.

Reaction Score
Achieving flagship status. Had UL and UC done that, both schools would probably be in the SEC and Big Ten, respectively. Instead of being members of the Metro Conference, C-USA, etc.
Got it. Of course flagship status helps, and that is Ohio State. But then you got your Kansas States, Okie States, and Miss States. And your Pitts, Syracuses and BC's. Cinci might not be perceived as the 2nd largest university in the great state of Ohio but it's near the top of the list in terms of public research universities enrollment in the USA.

Reaction Score
QUESTION: What happens if the Knight Commission's FBS recommendations are implemented?

From Forbes, Dec 3 2020; Kurt Badenhausen

1607871106166.png

If schools that realigned for the football money didn't have to worry about it anymore, would schools realign again for hoops, the 2nd largest revenue source? Food for thought.

Reaction Score
QUESTION: What happens if the Knight Commission's FBS recommendations are implemented?

From Forbes, Dec 3 2020; Kurt Badenhausen

View attachment 62427

If schools that realigned for the football money didn't have to worry about it anymore, would schools realign again for hoops, the 2nd largest revenue source? Food for thought.
Good question. If you eliminate the schools who are only in the tournament because their conferences have an automatic bid, you will find that most of the schools playing are from P-5 conferences.

Reaction Score
Lol, who is the big east in this scenario, Rosie O’Donnell?
In this scenario the Big East is the one you fell in love with and married. The real relationship you committed to that made you stop dreaming of the possibility of actress fantasies.

Reaction Score
In this scenario the Big East is the one you fell in love with and married. The real relationship you committed to that made you stop dreaming of the possibility of actress fantasies.
So, Rosie O'Donnell... :eek:

CL82

Reaction Score
Mmm, more like the middling girl who is still in the bar at last call. Not your first choice, but any port in a storm, am I right?

Reaction Score

Yea, miles above Boise in terms of quality in both fball and bball, but more importantly recruiting territory. I'm really surprised with WV in the fold the b12 was/isn't more focused on getting a team in that territory simply for recruiting and it's exposure. WV is an outlier in that Ohio/Indiana/Mich. recruiting grid. Gold mine of talent in that state and locale Fickell is making it exhibit 1. Boise, not so much not to mention the weather/ altitude, et. al

Reaction Score
Mmm, more like the middling girl who is still in the bar at last call. Not your first choice, but any port in a storm, am I right?
UConn is guilty of:

CL82

Reaction Score
UConn is guilty of:

More like hooking up with your formerly smoking hot HS girlfriend who is now a like a solid 4.5. It's mostly nostalgia.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yea, miles above Boise in terms of quality in both fball and bball, but more importantly recruiting territory. I'm really surprised with WV in the fold the b12 was/isn't more focused on getting a team in that territory simply for recruiting and it's exposure. WV is an outlier in that Ohio/Indiana/Mich. recruiting grid. Gold mine of talent in that state and locale Fickell is making it exhibit 1. Boise, not so much not to mention the weather/ altitude, et. al

You are correct about recruiting area of Cincy vs. Boise, and overall population of the region.

You couldn't be more wrong on weather and altitude being a factor. Boise is warmer and dryer than Cincy. And there are plenty of mountain and western schools playing at altitudes near or above Boise.

Reaction Score
You are correct about recruiting area of Cincy vs. Boise, and overall population of the region.

You couldn't be more wrong on weather and altitude being a factor. Boise is warmer and dryer than Cincy. And there are plenty of mountain and western schools playing at altitudes near or above Boise.

That's exactly my point. The Big 12 guys aren't playing at altitude They're not going to deal with that. Cincy's climate in the Fall isn't pretty close to what the current B12 guys have as well. Not much difference.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
More like hooking up with your formerly smoking hot HS girlfriend who is now a like a solid 4.5. It's mostly nostalgia.

That was funny. But it does beg the question; where did she put you on that same scale? :D ;)

Reaction Score
Nothing is going to happen until the NCAA and the world begins to recover from Covid-19, hopefully beginning the fall of 2021, and the NCAA and University Presidents nationally adsorb what was in the Knight Commission Report. Does the P-5 (likely not even all of them) split football from the NCAA and, if yes, is it just football breaking away or all of their revenue sports? The Courts and Capital Hill have begun to turn away from the current model (see what happens when entire States get excluded) and major changes at this point seem inevitable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom