Former Huskies Elsewhere | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Former Huskies Elsewhere

Reaction Score
I always thought Carlton was far better than the average evaluation here on the old Boneyard. However. He was extraordinarily useful for some teams/offenses/defenses and not playable in some circumstances. Neither Ollie nor Hurley made a part of their offense for Carlton; and that says a bunch on what they saw in practive - IMHO. Sampson had a plan.

nelson?

Reaction Score
I'm not a Sampson apologist, but it's almost a joke how he was treated compared to Pearl, Wade, Self, Calipari and some others who seem to out Teflon Joseph John Gotti, Jr.

If I recall correctly his biggest offenses were "illegal texts", similar to JC when we were after Nate Miles. Maybe there was more but it pales compared to what's on the audio tapes of some of our heralded Hall of Fame coaches.

This is gonna turn into a several year argument. You should talk to Hoosier Alums who know the story well. And there is absolute knowledge and firm convictions against Sampson and his illegal and unethical behavior at IU. My BFF was a Frat President at IU and is as tuned in as any. Hates Sampson. The argument I relay to him on Ollie has him roll his eyes. He thinks Sampson's list of egregious offenses is far worse than Ollie. To reiterate. I am not on board with the crew that Ollie should have gotten NO settlement; and Sampson got his money. Orgeron got his money. The general world sees Sampson's Indiana story as a blot. And that's the thing about smearing a coach (or anyone in various situations) ... it is easy to do and damning far out of proportion often.

Reaction Score
I always thought Carlton was far better than the average evaluation here on the old Boneyard. However. He was extraordinarily useful for some teams/offenses/defenses and not playable in some circumstances. Neither Ollie nor Hurley made a part of their offense for Carlton; and that says a bunch on what they saw in practive - IMHO. Sampson had a plan.
Really? We featured Carlton all the time on offense but you can't change his foot speed and vertical, finishing will always be a problem for him as will playing with a fast pace and defending against teams who play at a fast pace. Sampson won't be able to change that.

Reaction Score
are you trying to personalize the Carlton aggressive critic? I think - diplomatically - it was several.

Na was making the joke that Nelson was a big Carlton fan. I hope he has success but he made the right move in terms of playing time

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Really? We featured Carlton all the time on offense but you can't change his foot speed and vertical, finishing will always be a problem for him as will playing with a fast pace and defending against teams who play at a fast pace. Sampson won't be able to change that.
The only thing holding back Josh is gravity.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
no, we didn't, good or bad as that may be. currently, in the small sample size to date, he's getting more shots per game (7) than he ever had here.

Reaction Score
no, we didn't, good or bad as that may be. currently, in the small sample size to date, he's getting more shots per game (7) than he ever had here.
Yes we did, we used to start every game running our possessions through him, he had games at the beginning of the year where he was putting up 15 shots. Last year he got less and less touches because he got less and less minutes. Hurley upgraded the talent and there were better post players than him.

Reaction Score

OK ... He would have been great against LIU last night. 10 and 7

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Terry Larrier has to be the GLeague all time leading score at this point

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
He had something on his story that made it seem like he was going to play in Latin America. Idk the league tho, was one I’m unfamiliar with
In the Senor Testiculo Conference

Reaction Score
Carlton had 17 pts and 6 rebounds in 19 minutes in the blowout over Bryant.tonight.
Actual Carlton came up big for us against better teams
He lead the team in scoring in the Florida win
and played well in the Cincinnati game.two years ago.
Even last year his best game was in arguably our best win of the year against USC.
He had more problems chasing the small mobile 5s who took him out on the the perimeter especially when he was carrying 250-260 lbs .
He wasn’t the most athletic guy but he always played hard and when he sat he didn’t pout.
I’d take him on loan until Sonogo gets back.
If we could get 7-5 from our Backup 5’s and a block or two
I will be thrilled.

Reaction Score
It's actually his 6th year in College and 5th year playing. He has played for UConn, New Mexico, Arkansas and now ECU.

Nice gig if you can get it.
The good.
Vance averages 10/5 per game
The bad
He’s 6’9 and shooting 38% from the floor & sub 60% from the line

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members