Fordham Opening : Kimani would make a lot of sense. | The Boneyard

Fordham Opening : Kimani would make a lot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kimani would make a lot of sense.

Obvious ties to NYC and there are no expectations. Wouldn't be surprised to see his name get brought up.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
His name will be brought up for sure.

Reaction Score
It would be an interesting job to potentially take. It's a school in a fertile recruiting region in one of the top mid-major conferences.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
It would be an interesting job to potentially take. It's a school in a fertile recruiting region in one of the top mid-major conferences.
Add in the fact that he came to us because he wanted to be closer to home. I hate to say it but the job makes a lot of sense.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
super saiyan GIF

Reaction Score
i hope kimani is making more as an assistant here than he would as HC at fordham. losing 2 assistants in a year would be absolutely brutal...i understood kenya leaving for the same position at Indiana but i would not get this.

winning a chip as an assistant > HC at the worst program in the A10

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Since this is on my daughter's list of schools (perhaps tops to my dismay), should I refuse to allow her to attend if they steal our coach? That's how this works right?

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
If a program is consistently successful other schools will come after that program's assistants. I don't think UConn has regained elite program status yet but we all hope they do and when that happens we will lose an assistant coach occasionally. It happened under Calhoun (Dickenman, Leitao). Big time college teams revolve around the head coach and there will always be a supply of eager, talented assistants available to replace those who left. Kimani has done an excellent at UConn. I hope he stays but I believe some school will come calling soon.

Reaction Score
Guys
Head coaching opportunities are pretty rare and if you get an offer you really need to take it. If you don’t you never know if another will come. And Fordham isn’t impossible. If you assemble a really good team in the A10 who knows where you could end up. Likely better than the offers you’d get as an assistant.

Reaction Score
The Fordham coaching job is for sadists.

* Since joining the A-10 twenty-five years ago, Fordham has had exactly ONE .500 or higher season of conference play.

* NINE of their top ten all-time recruits transferred out of their program.

* Only TWO of their top ten all-time recruits played more than two years with the program.

They should have never left the MAAC.

Translation: I don't want Kimani Young to take that job for his own good.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Since this is on my daughter's list of schools (perhaps tops to my dismay), should I refuse to allow her to attend if they steal our coach? That's how this works right?
Great school--love the Jesuits.

Dismayed because of location, price tag, or both?

Reaction Score
Talk up Fordham all you want, but sorry, y'all trippin if you think Kimani's leaving for a mid-major A10 gig. He is on the fast track for a P6 job.

Reaction Score
i hope kimani is making more as an assistant here than he would as HC at fordham. losing 2 assistants in a year would be absolutely brutal...i understood kenya leaving for the same position at Indiana but i would not get this.

He would make about 3x more money at Fordham as the HC than he does here as an Assistant

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Talk up Fordham all you want, but sorry, y'all trippin if you think Kimani's leaving for a mid-major A10 gig. He is on the fast track for a P6 job.
Average salary in the A10 is a million dollars. It’s in a mid-major hotbed recruiting area. Low expectations. He can always just leave for a p6 from there. He’s absolutely taking the job if offered, it’s a no brainer.

Reaction Score
Average salary in the A10 is a million dollars. It’s in a mid-major hotbed recruiting area. Low expectations. He can always just leave for a p6 from there. He’s absolutely taking the job if offered, it’s a no brainer.

LOL. He's not taking a bad mid-major (if not low-major) job. You cray.

Reaction Score
The Fordham coaching job is for sadists.

* Since joining the A-10 twenty-five years ago, Fordham has had exactly ONE .500 or higher season of conference play.

* NINE of their top ten all-time recruits transferred out of their program.

* Only TWO of their top ten all-time recruits played more than two years with the program.

They should have never left the MAAC.

Translation: I don't want Kimani Young to take that job for his own good.

This is right and Freescooter is wrong. Getting a job in the A-Ten is absolutely a great first head coaching job. Getting the job at Fordham is not. The program is a dumpster fire, and not one that a head coach can improve. It's a total non-story in the NYC market, has been since Digger Phelps left two plus generations ago, and doesn't have the funds or the alumni interest to compete at the A Ten level. They did in fact make a mistake leaving the MAAC, which is the level of financial and interest requirements that their alumni and fanbase could support.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

read that the new HC is expected to be paid approx. $900k

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He would absolutely take the job. Head coaching in the A10 is a step up.

Reaction Score
That job would make no sense to me, help build something great at UConn and he'll get a head coaching job at a legit program. Fordham hasn't been good since the 60's. My friend's brother in law took the Fordham job and it will be his last head coaching gig, that place is a coach killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom