For Ross, committing to UConn was easy decision | The Boneyard

For Ross, committing to UConn was easy decision

Reaction Score
I don't typically read the Waterbury Republican-American but this was a new article (from last week) on Ross. Figured I'd post it since there's not a lot about him.

“Before I grew, I constantly trained and worked on my guard skills like ballhandling and shooting, and as I grew those skills definitely benefitted my game,” Ross said. “I learned to use my length both offensively and defensively around the rim.

“I feel like my extra size has really helped me develop a more complete game. I can score from anywhere on the floor, and I can guard the (positions) 1-4 and sometimes even five. I feel like that extra length is going to help me even more at the college level.”

I tried all the back door sites to read this article but none of them worked. Open to suggestions if anyone can figure it out. You can read 5 articles a week for free if you register.

Reaction Score

Curious, maybe you or others on the board could educate me here.
1) How is this school? We seem to have a handful that we usually recruit from. Haven’t heard this one tied to anyone on the roster/past recruits
2) For committed kid, how much if any involvement does staff have with providing recommendations & guidance on where an upcoming recruit would go to school?

Reaction Score
All I know is Andre Curbelo went there. It’s a Nike elite program so a step up from where he was, but it certainly isn’t an elite prep school.

Reaction Score
LuHi is a solid program. They have two guys (Jayden Pierre and Louis Hutchinson) going locally to PC and URI this season. They are moving to the newly formed NIBC for the upcoming season, so they should have some good national competition on their schedule.

Reaction Score
Jayden’s brother, Jacob, is joining him at LuHi. There’s a third brother (Jamison) who is still in middle school.
There was mention Jacob is a real solid prospect too I thought

Reaction Score
I love how Danny and the staff are doing a lot to connect some of the KO era guys back into the program. They got an unfair shake because of the coaching situation, it’s nice to see them involved again within the Husky family

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Kenton was one of my favorite players from the Ollie era. If he had a better coach he could have been a really good player. Would love know what what he could have become under Hurley (could say that about a lot of Ollie era guys TBH)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom