Florida transfer Noah Locke | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Florida transfer Noah Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The advanced offensive analytics on Locke are phenomenal. They’re better than Bouknight’s. Now I think Bouk is a better player but the numbers are there.
This is not even close to true. His plain offensive rating is pretty good, but you have to adjust that by usage (and it's adjusted on a curve, not linearly). Every analytic I look at (OBPR, OBPM, PORPAGATU, on/off net rtg, win shares/40, RAPM) has Locke as the 4th or so best player on his team last year and substantially behind Bouk.

His analytics are just fine. Polley neighborhood.

Reaction Score
I was told maybe 1 of the seniors will be back from a fairly reliable source. And Whaley is back. I just don’t forsee it man. We need a 3 point shooter who is multifaceted anyway.
Whaley was a big surprise. Polley was always thought to be more likely to come back than Whaley according to sources on here. Seems to be a lot of smoke towards a Polley return but it’s still probably not much more than 50/50 at this point.

Either way, we’d still welcome Locke or another shooter. I’m not completely sold on Locke but also am not too confident as to who are backup plan is...so by that token I hope we’re able to snag him. Not optimistic though.

Reaction Score
This Harvard study confirms it: According to their criteria DH has six NBA caliber three point shooters on his team but doesn't know how to use them to win the league tournament or get by a 10 seed:
Polley
Jackson
Gaffney
Bouknight
Cole
Adams
Or maybe it's true that you can make the results of your hypothesis fit your bias going in.
Jackson? Lmao

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Again, where are the Louisville rumors coming from? Their forum legit thinks they’re going to land every player they’re linked to. Yum is probably the 2nd most delusional forum(besides the Beihiem forum). Locke can go to any school he wants.

Last edited:

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
If Polley doesnt come back maybe we want him! I like the guys coming in . Honestly he is nothing special! We need a 3 period!
We don’t need a 3 we are absolutely stacked at that spot. Jackson, Martin, Hawkins(6’6 now?) Hurley also likes to play 3(sometimes 4) guards. Most good teams last year played 3 guards.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
@Matrim55 said Lousiville. And @Zionn said he doesn't think the staff is in love with him.
Ahh gotcha. Just don’t trust anything Louisville fans say. When I said Louisville fans are delusional I meant it.

6C914A03-8FD0-4B99-98C8-0FB7E2D34464.png

Reaction Score
@Matrim55 said Lousiville. And @Zionn said he doesn't think the staff is in love with him.
If the staff doesn’t totally want him then I trust their judgement. They know we need shooters, but Locke seems to be a 1 trick pony. DH probably wants a guy who has a more well rounded game. Even if we get a guy who is a 37% career 3pt shooter, he’ll have a whole offseason to bump that up to 40% which is in line with a Locke.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
If the staff doesn’t totally want him then I trust their judgement. They know we need shooters, but Locke seems to be a 1 trick pony. DH probably wants a guy who has a more well rounded game. Even if we get a guy who is a 37% career 3pt shooter, he’ll have a whole offseason to bump that up to 40% which is in line with a Locke.
The difference between Locke and Polley is immense. For example Locke has the ability to run off screens, fight through screens. Polley for whatever reason had trouble with that. He was a much better transition shooter or shooter when there’s some kind of defensive breakdown. I think Bouk or Cole could have similar numbers if they only took the looks Polley had. Not a knock on Polley 6’9 shooters are a rare commodity. Locke also has adequate handle and space creation maneuvers to be on ball and create his own 3. He also has a very good floater/runner that he uses when defenders go over screens or play him super tight. He shot 50% from the field in AAU I don’t think he’s as bad inside the line as others. The biggest knock on him is that he NEVER gets fouled(which is a shame because he makes his free throws). Florida really used him almost exclusively off screens and in the corner as a shooter though so it’s hard to tell how bad this flaw is. He got to the line much more with team Melo.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The difference between Locke and Polley is immense. For example Locke has the ability to run off screens, fight through screens. Polley for whatever reason had trouble with that. He was a much better transition shooter or shooter when there’s some kind of defensive breakdown. I think Bouk or Cole could have similar numbers if they only took the looks Polley had. Not a knock on Polley 6’9 shooters are a rare commodity. Locke also has adequate handle and space creation maneuvers to be on ball and create his own 3. He also has a very good floater/runner that he uses when defenders go over screens or play him super tight. He shot 50% from the field in AAU I don’t think he’s as bad inside the line as others. The biggest knock on him is that he NEVER gets fouled(which is a shame because he makes his free throws). Florida really used him almost exclusively off screens and in the corner as a shooter though so it’s hard to tell how bad this flaw is. He got to the line much more with team Melo.

I trust the staff more. There’s obviously parts of his game that they don’t love. A huge glaring hole is that he gets zero boards and like you said, never gets fouled.
I think we can do better, there’s more names entering the portal every day

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I trust the staff more. There’s obviously parts of his game that they don’t love. A huge glaring hole is that he gets zero boards and like you said, never gets fouled.
I think we can do better, there’s more names entering the portal every day
I think staff wants him. If all these programs are wrong than we have entered the twilight zone.

Reaction Score
I think staff wants him. If all these programs are wrong than we have entered the twilight zone.

If teams didn’t do their due diligence on a guy who shoots 40% from 3 then that would be coaching malpractice. Of course they should inquire on him and make their pitch. Doesnt mean they are totally sold on him

Reaction Score
I like Gaffney at the point. He can blow by his defender and create. Not a great passer. But he needs to have the ball in his hands. Cole needs the ball less. He should be a shooter.

I like Gaff too, the one that played 3-4 really good games this year. But I don’t want to see the other one at the point all that much. Slows the offense down too much for me but if he can get more consistent and be that guy we’ve seen a few times he should get a chance to play there. For now Cole is the better PG but we need to get better there somehow.

Reaction Score
I like Gaff too, the one that played 3-4 really good games this year. But I don’t want to see the other one at the point all that much. Slows the offense down too much for me but if he can get more consistent and be that guy we’ve seen a few times he should get a chance to play there. For now Cole is the better PG but we need to get better there somehow.
I know what you mean but he really has another gear that I have no clue why he doesn’t shift into more often. When I asked him, he just looked perplexed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger