Florida Atlantic and San Diego Chances? | The Boneyard

Florida Atlantic and San Diego Chances?

Reaction Score
One of them will be the finals, but nobody is giving either much of a chance to win it all. FAU looked prett solid. Obviously so has SDSU but i just can't figure out how they are not only winning but coming back on solid teams. I just don't see any size, speed or significant shooting. They sure can scrap.

Is this the year a smaller conference school finally wins? Seems like as good a shot as ever.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
1680029696007.png

Reaction Score
All four of the teams ended the season in the top 25. A lot is being made of the tournament seeding, but they are all really, really good teams. Nobody who is playing or coaching in these games is overlooking anyone or taking anything for granted.

Reaction Score
All four of the teams ended the season in the top 25. A lot is being made of the tournament seeding, but they are all really, really good teams. Nobody who is playing or coaching in these games is overlooking anyone or taking anything for granted.
SDSU is 14 in Kenpom and FAU is 17
SDSU was also 14 in NET. FAU was 13

As you said these are REALLY good teams. Teams that have knocked off Tennessee, Kansas St, Alabama, and Creighton. 30+ wins each

Any combination of the remaining 4 teams on Monday will be a great game featuring 2 great teams

Reaction Score
i look at FAU's roster and i just cant believe theyre in the final 4. they remind me of Loyola from 2018.

SDSU on the other hand goes a legit 10 deep but has shortened their rotation to 9 in the tourney. they have great size and we all know about their D.

i'm not looking ahead but SDSU will present the opposite type of challenge as compared to the U and Gonzaga, which are elite offensively but below average defensively.

Reaction Score
Haslam Projections:

1. UConn 80
17. Miami 73

11. SDSU 66
18. FAU 64

1. UConn 69
11. SDSU 64

1. UConn 74
18. FAU 67

Makes sense given everyone's projected rankings. SDSU is his #4 defense (#47 offense). Miami is #4 offense #94 defense and FAU is #38 offense #17 defense. UConn is #2 offense and #10 defense FWIW.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I don't get why more people are not bringing this point up more (all are quality and deserving teams) but instead, all the focus goes to these seeding. If anything, this is just more proof that the committee did a really poor job this year. Ignored the metrics and let bias creep into several decisions. Hope they learn from this.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I don't get why more people are not bringing this point up more (all are quality and deserving teams) but instead, all the focus goes to these seeding. If anything, this is just more proof that the committee did a really poor job this year. Ignored the metrics and let bias creep into several decisions. Hope they learn from this.
yeah, I just think their process of seeding is not as data driven as they want people to think. Do they use data? Sure, but to what extent? I have a tough time believing they organically got the Kentucky-Providence match in the first round in the East (6 vs 11).

Reaction Score
I read somewhere today that no team with an offense lower than 20th in the country has ever won the national title? Of course, I didn't save the link. Can anyone confirm that?

Reaction Score
One of them will be the finals, but nobody is giving either much of a chance to win it all. FAU looked prett solid. Obviously so has SDSU but i just can't figure out how they are not only winning but coming back on solid teams. I just don't see any size, speed or significant shooting. They sure can scrap.

Is this the year a smaller conference school finally wins? Seems like as good a shot as
Is the MW really a small conference , besides SDSU is rumored for the PAC . FAU is in Conference USA going to the AAC . All of those conferences ( except depleted CUSA) are in the top 10 BB conference not exactly the MEEC or the Northeast
We were on the AAC in 2014 .Houston’s done pretty well recently.
The New Big East wasn’t exactly thought of highly until Nova won it .
Non P5 conferences have done pretty well in basketball.

As far as size goes
*Miami is the smallest 12,000
UConn is next. 18,000
FAU is next 24,000
SDSU is the largest 30,000
I don’t see the David vs Goliath narrative. 7
* private

Reaction Score
Is the MW really a small conference , besides SDSU is rumored for the PAC . FAU is in Conference USA going to the AAC . All of those conferences ( except depleted CUSA) are in the top 10 BB conference not exactly the MEEC or the Northeast
We were on the AAC in 2014 .Houston’s done pretty well recently.
The New Big East wasn’t exactly thought of highly until Nova won it .
Non P5 conferences have done pretty well in basketball.

As far as size goes
*Miami is the smallest 12,000
UConn is next. 18,000
FAU is next 24,000
SDSU is the largest 30,000
I don’t see the David vs Goliath narrative. 7
* private
I posted those enrollment numbers in another post, but included grad students.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom