OT: - First Sunday of NFL Season! | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: First Sunday of NFL Season!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm praying that Gase doesn't get fired mid-season. Let's go for 0-16.

That 55 yard run on 3rd and 31 was every bit as bad as the Butt Fumble.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
If they shop Barkley and get a first rounder in a draft with lots of good OL players and then use their own pick for an OL too, that is a way to build with better QB protection and better protection for any of their RBs.

I would classify the idea of getting a first rounder for a RB going through rehab from a catastrophic knee injury as "unlikely".

Reaction Score
I would classify the idea of getting a first rounder for a RB going through rehab from a catastrophic knee injury as "unlikely".
I grant you, it would be difficult. Frankly, I am not sure what Barkley would command in return.

If not my ideal scenario, maybe a very good, but not all star offensive lineman and maybe a 2nd or 3rd or later round pick along with it , or at least one of these . In the pro basketball arena, the Nets signed Durant even with his injury. The Knicks gambled on Amare Stoudamire with his knee issue.

The fact that SB has had two serious injuries in successive seasons, might give a lot of teams pause as to what they would offer in return. Then again, the Giants out of pride, might not even trade him.

Reaction Score
Nobody was giving up more than a 3rd at best before the injury, since you'd also have to give him a contract extension in a few months. On the brightside this decreases the likelihood Gettleman extends him which is a good thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom