First Night Photos | The Boneyard

First Night Photos

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I love they played Sweet Caroline for Caroline. She will be SWEET from 3!
Does Amari have a defined, toned muscle in her body? :) Knee push-ups?! :eek: I know she was doing the "Worm."
Let us hope UCONN's basketball season goes better than their First Night ... "a broken basket curtailed much of the night’s activities, including the planned scrimmage, and the livestream of the event malfunctioned, preventing fans from afar from tuning in."

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Dorka knows where the camera is!!! I can see her going in for a driving layup mugging for the camera. ;):cool:
1634392721029.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"Sweet Caroline"?

if they never play a phrase of that song again it will be too soon

will they please stop that resorting to that inane cliche ... i thought we were finally done with it when doty graduated
Agreed. So overplayed. Hate that the Red Sox play it like it's some kind of anthem to be proud of. Is there not another Dropkick Murphys song we could play in the 8th inning?

Reaction Score
It is nice to see they had so much fun. They really don’t get enough credit for how tough last year was and the way they handled it. As Geno said it’s nice to see them being kids and having fun, they deserve it.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Guys, these are 18-23 year old girls/young women. They may never have even heard of Neil Diamond before, unless they are old souls, or have parents who are fans.

So while it may be the umpteenth time fans have hard it, I imagine it's fun for Caroline. It would be cool if there were songs for each player. I'd love to hear song titled "Nika" or "Dorka"!

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
"Sweet Caroline"?

will they please stop that resorting to that inane cliche ... i thought we were finally done with it when doty graduated
They all get to chose what they walk out to, so as much as you (and loads of others…) might be over “Sweet Caroline,” it’s her moment and her choice.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
They all get to chose what they walk out to, so as much as you (and loads of others…) might be over “Sweet Caroline,” it’s her moment and her choice.
how do you know that? only a few bars were played.

it's enough for me to reluctantly accept the proliferating Caroline Ducharme (yuk) shortcut

hope her teammates settle on something better, or plain "caroline" ... it's a fine name. it's just sad when n. diamond desecrates it

some contemporary artist should get on the stick and write a good ode to caroline so the diamond's clunker can scuttled ... should be an assignment for the music phenoms at uconn

Reaction Score

it's enough for me to reluctantly accept the proliferating Caroline Ducharme (yuk) shortcut

hope her teammates settle on something better, or plain "caroline" ... it's a fine name. it's just sad when n. diamond desecrates it

some contemporary artist should get on the stick and write a good ode to caroline so the diamond's clunker can scuttled ... should be an assignment for the music phenoms at uconn
In Geno’s pressor he alluded to them picking their walkout songs and honestly who else would be picking them. They all had their different dance moves that went with certain songs. I think it’s a given they picked what they wanted to come out to.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

Of course they get to pick their music and only a few bars were played for everyone. Do you think it’s completely coincidental that they played Soulja Boy for Aaliyah and she came out doing the dance specific to that song?

Sweet Caroline isn’t a terrible song, it’s just overplayed — especially if you’re a sports fan. But it gets the crowd involved, so there is something to be said for that. Some folks do the callbacks and others choose to take that time to go to the bathroom so they can spare themselves. It takes all kinds of kinds.

And I’m pretty sure there is only one person called CD by the team, and she’s been at UConn longer than any of the players (and I, for that matter) have been alive.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Maybe sneaky will catch on. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

How do you really feel about Neil Diamond? You certainly have every right to dislike him and his song but that doesn’t change the fact that he is one of the truly great singer/songwriters that has ever lived or that “Sweet Caroline” is one of his most beloved songs. I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for today’s “artists” to do better!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
"Sweet Caroline"?

Your taste in music is exactly that. Your taste. Please don't impose it on others. If she likes it, good for her.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Guys, these are 18-23 year old girls/young women. They may never have even heard of Neil Diamond before, unless they are old souls, or have parents who are fans.

So while it may be the umpteenth time fans have hard it, I imagine it's fun for Caroline. It would be cool if there were songs for each player. I'd love to hear song titled "Nika" or "Dorka"!
Nikita by Elton John comes close.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
In Geno’s pressor he alluded to them picking their walkout songs and honestly who else would be picking them. They all had their different dance moves that went with certain songs. I think it’s a given they picked what they wanted to come out to.
I liked that Caroline didn't dance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom