OT: - First Colonoscopy Success | The Boneyard

OT: First Colonoscopy Success

Reaction Score
Just finished. No significant issues. I do have some diverticulosis pockets. Dr said it's not much to worry about though. Pretty common.

The actual procedure was beyond trivial. I had more discomfort inserting the i.v. to administer the drugs

Last edited:
Reaction Score
l0ErFafpUCQTQFMSk.gif

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Just finished. No significant issues. I do have some diverticulitis pockets. Dr said it's not much to worry about though. Pretty common.

The actual procedure was beyond trivial. I had more discomfort inserting the i.v. to administer the drugs

Once the drugs are in they can do anything they want to you. You dont care.

Good job.

Reaction Score
Once the drugs are in they can do anything they want to you. You dont care.

Good job.
Maybe it's the drugs talking, but I can't say I feel high at all. I think I coulda done the whole thing without drugs.

Baltic

Baltic
Reaction Score
Just finished. No significant issues. I do have some diverticulosis pockets. Dr said it's not much to worry about though. Pretty common.

With a Colonoscopy it isn’t the procedure it’s the preparation. I still can’t look at Gatorade. Fortunately I also had a clean report after my last colonoscopy (because of polyps I had been on the 3 year cycle) now at my age the colonoscopy test is history. I guess they figure some other malady will do me in before colon issues.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Maybe it's the drugs talking, but I can't say I feel high at all. I think I coulda done the whole thing without drugs.

You would never want to do that. Ever. lol.

and yes the drugs they "twilight" you with are very short acting they pretty much wear off by the time procedure is over .

Reaction Score
With a Colonoscopy it isn’t the procedure it’s the preparation. I still can’t look at Gatorade. Fortunately I also had a clean report after my last colonoscopy (because of polyps I had been on the 3 year cycle) now at my age the colonoscopy test is history. I guess they figure some other malady will do me in before colon issues.
The prep has gotten much easier over the past 2 decades.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score

Hey thanks for the update (I guess)

Reaction Score
Some of the stuff that you guys share on this board is incredible. Ya'll need some from friends. I hope if you have kids you tell them don't share stuff on the internet.
Well, in addition to “don’t drive” they tell you not to make any major decisions or sign any contracts for the rest of the day because your judgement may be affected by the drugs. A little slack may be in order here.

Reaction Score

Based on the title: Was this your first successful colonoscopy? What happened the first time? Must have been a pain in the …..

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'll give the first $20 to a BY collection for you to do it next time w/o the Michael Jackson drugs.

Btw, watch those diverticulosis pockets. I've gone to -itis twice. It's not fun. If you feel a pain in lower abdomen, don't let it go for too long.

Reaction Score
I was only kidding, but glad it went well. These things are extremely important and early detection can save lives.

Reaction Score
I'll give the first $20 to a BY collection for you to do it next time w/o the Michael Jackson drugs.

Btw, watch those diverticulosis pockets. I've gone to -itis twice. It's not fun. If you feel a pain in lower abdomen, don't let it go for too long.
Try dealing with a pilonidal cyst.

Reaction Score

Thanks. Good advice

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom