Fire pit things | The Boneyard

Fire pit things

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm looking to get a fire pit thing for my deck. Any suggestions? Anyone have one of these?

Bought the Bonfire for our deck a few months ago. Great purchase. Have used it at least once every weekend since; brought it on vacation last week and had a fire on our third-floor deck overlooking the ocean every night. Very efficient. Especially great if you're a pyromaniac like me.

I recommend the screen (I bought the Bonfire Backyard Bundle on sale, and it came with the screen, stand and weatherproof cover--all of which I would recommend). Be very careful with the screen though. Whereas touching the side of the Bonfire while it's going will singe you; touching any part of the screen will rip the skin off your hand instantly. My thumb is still healing from the burn I got the first weekend we had it.

Honestly, it looks lame and devoid of character. You need something that consumes wood. Nothing like that smell and crackling of the fire.
Shut up, Dove: it consumes wood more efficiently than any fire pit I've ever seen.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
I bought one about 2 weekS ago and had 1 fire on the 4Th.
Someone Else here highly recommended it that product as well.
If you give any merit to likes and stars via reviews and Facebook then it’s a good product
I’m not an expert by any means but works well for me!
Definitely less smoke than my open air fire pit.
Big following in Facebook and people really customize the installs and accessories.

Reaction Score
I'm looking to get a fire pit thing for my deck. Any suggestions? Anyone have one of these?

4FF26912-9722-47A0-A5EF-D609A4FA4D33.jpeg

gray2-1111fe.jpg

Reaction Score

That thing looks like a public service announcment waiting to happen.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Here's a pic of mine that I posted in another thread (yes, I have since cleaned my deck):

254c17ef-de1e-4be5-aa77-88e7eb102fe0-jpeg.54863

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Bought the Bonfire for our deck a few months ago. Great purchase. Have used it at least once every weekend since; brought it on vacation last week and had a fire on our third-floor deck overlooking the ocean every night. Very efficient. Especially great if you're a pyromaniac like me.

I recommend the screen (I bought the Bonfire Backyard Bundle on sale, and it came with the screen, stand and weatherproof cover--all of which I would recommend). Be very careful with the screen though. Whereas touching the side of the Bonfire while it's going will singe you; touching any part of the screen will rip the skin off your hand instantly. My thumb is still healing from the burn I got the first weekend we had it.

Shut up, Dove: it consumes wood more efficiently than any fire pit I've ever seen.
It doesn't heat up the deck too much? I had a steal rectangular fire pit. My son was using in the lawn hanging out with friends and it suddenly flash combusted the grass underneath. It left a black rectangle on the lawn the next day.

Edit: @WhereistheDove? ... exactly.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It doesn't heat up the deck too much? I had a steal rectangular fire pit. My son was using in the lawn hanging out with friends and it suddenly flash combusted the grass underneath. It left a black rectangle on the lawn the next day.

Edit: @WhereistheDove? ... exactly.
It doesn't heat up the deck at all. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Nothing.

The sides are stainless steel but I don't think the bottom is; and there is no conductivity whatsoever to the stand. You can't touch the sides of the fire pit while it's going, but you can put your bare hand on the stand it is is cool to the touch. It's pretty impressive.

The owners of the house next door to the beach house we rented last week came over and rang our doorbell almost instantly on the first night because they thought we had an unattended open flame, which is what you would think if you were looking up at a third-floor deck with a raging fire. But it is really pretty self-contained (unless, like me, you get a little carried away at times and need your wife to remind you to rein it in).

Two cautions:

1. Again, be careful with the screen, and if you place it flat on a composite deck while steaming hot it could cause some slight impressions. I lean it on its side when I take it off, and it leans on the wooden rails on our deck, which is not an issue.

2. It is not "smokeless" as advertised. It is much less smoky than a traditional fire or fire pit, however. Once it gets going there is very little smoke at all, but depending on your kindling, fuel, and wind, it can be a little smoky while you're getting it going--which doesn't take much fuel or time at all. I use two small pieces of fat wood, some newspaper/cardboard and a couple small log pieces.

Reaction Score
Honestly, it looks lame and devoid of character. You need something that consumes wood. Nothing like that smell and crackling of the fire.
Definitely not lame! This is the Solo Stove Yukon 30". Key is the design sucks air in the bottom and reignites the smoke due to the secondary burn coming out of the holes along the top edge of the fire pit. If you are considering putting it on a deck the stand is essential and I'd get a fireproof mat or some stone to put it on. Picture of me touching bottom is during a full on burn.

. 20200626_181455.jpg 20200626_180028.jpg

Reaction Score
I have a few buddies who rave about their Solo Stove. They don't live in CT so I haven't experienced one firsthand. Since they're on sale at the moment I'm considering getting one.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

""consumes efficiently"? What does that mean?

Reaction Score
Great topic. It’s been over 90 in NC with an overnight low above 70 for 2+ weeks. Can’t wait for som BYers in Arizona to add their thoughts. ):

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom