Fire pit things | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Fire pit things

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yes, I will fix that. But I did need to tend it. It was smoky until I did. As I added wood, I repositioned things. It's like any fire in that way. I don't know what you have now, but after spending say $100-120 on several fire pits that then rusted and were never very good, this thing seems to be something that will last.

As for secondary combustion, this was probably two hours after I added any wood.

View attachment 61020
Hahaha, it looks like you smelting iron or something in there. That is great.

I have a 6'x6' firepit build up and away from the house in an area that is surrounded in shrubs and trees on two sides. It is nice but is, by design, away from the house. We have had firepit things but they have always felt like too small a fire. This one is different from the look of it, even though it is still small enough to be portable.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Oh, I get the charm of an outdoor fire. My daughter just got the gas heater like the restaurants use for dining. Those are good too but maybe not below 50 degrees.

We used to sit out at our Vermont place when it was in the 30's. Fire + warm clothes + blankets. Those things are pretty good, but you need to combine them with sweatshirts and blankets. Hope it works well for her, those are hard to get now.

Yeah, you still need to dress warm and maybe a blanket but it's doable for an hour or two.

Easy to socialize and keep spread out.

Reaction Score
Yeah, you still need to dress warm and maybe a blanket but it's doable for an hour or two.

Easy to socialize and keep spread out.

We've prepared by putting the following in place: i) Two patio heaters purchased just prior to the rush; ii) the solo stove bonfire; and iii) "Comfies" for the whole family to wear (we look like a family of colorful Jawas from Star Wars). And of course it's 70+ degrees now!

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
Just ordered the solo stove bonfire after seeing it at a neighbor's backyard. Our standard "pit" from wayfair might as well be a smoke machine. You have to wash all clothes and take a shower immediately (it's like going to Ted's / Huskies in the 90's). We got home from the neighbor's house and my wife made me order one immediately.

I looked at the Bonfire and the bigger one, but the extra couple hundred dollars (when you include the extra price for the pit, as well as the ring and cover) wasn't worth it to me since I'll only use it occassionally. I also looked at the Breeo which was nice looking, but super heavy (50lbs vs 20lbs).

The Solo Stove is backordered now (not surprising). I ordered on 10/18 and it's supposed to ship on 11/2.
If you are on Facebook there is a lot and good content for accessories —including DIY for solo stoves, coupon codes and general user info. “Solo stoves owners group” to be specific.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If you are on Facebook there is a lot and good content for accessories —including DIY for solo stoves, coupon codes and general user info. “Solo stoves owners group” to be specific.

Facebook is currently trying to sell me a "lid" that turns it into a small table. I very much like the idea and have no doubt that the lid which should cost $25 will be $125.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
My wife bought me a solo stove bonfire for Christmas. Obviously backordered. Hopefully it’s here for spring
Sweet! I'd love to have an outdoor fire at our house. We have a great backyard for it. But since we live in a goshdarn tinderbox, I'm too afraid, even with the cool new options.

On edit: I like the forum's "goshdarn" edit. Close enough.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
My wife bought me a solo stove bonfire for Christmas. Obviously backordered. Hopefully it’s here for spring

Hmm. A "solo" bonfire as a gift from your wife but not really because she didn't actually give it to you?

Keep us posted and let us know where you're wife is living come Spring and if you ever bought yourself that stove.

Reaction Score
IMG_7384.jpg

Kept this going for five hours last night.

Old reclaimed bricks found on the property and the simple iron pit can break down to three pieces to move pretty easily.

Everything came with the house, but we set it up this way. Been perfect this fall/winter.

Between the fallen branches during the August and Christmas Eve storm and having an abandoned house next door, we have wood for years.

Reaction Score
I recommend the screen (I bought the Bonfire Backyard Bundle on sale, and it came with the screen, stand and weatherproof cover--all of which I would recommend). Be very careful with the screen though. Whereas touching the side of the Bonfire while it's going will singe you; touching any part of the screen will rip the skin off your hand instantly. My thumb is still healing from the burn I got the first weekend we had it.
Aside from screen branding your thumb, how's the screen or the Bonfire design limit or help contain embers flying about or under eaves? The Bonfire gizmo looks and sounds great, just asking in reasonable anticipation of spousal queries. 8893 or other Bonfire owners? Thank you for helpful insights.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Aside from screen branding your thumb, how's the screen or the Bonfire design limit or help contain embers flying about or under eaves? The Bonfire gizmo looks and sounds great, just asking in reasonable anticipation of spousal queries. 8893 or other Bonfire owners? Thank you for helpful insights.
The screen helps, but it is overpriced and not necessary imo.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The screen helps, but it is overpriced and not necessary imo.
"Well, sure the screen helps, honey, but I'm told that it's overpriced and not necessary..."

[. ]

"No, not just in an online review, but by a guy I know..."

[. ]

"No, I can't call him. 8893 is his name, not his number.. ."

[. ]

"Yes, yes, I ordered the screen... the same one 8893 has."

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
EFD149C9-2317-4921-ABEE-0922B3C1BB29.jpeg

The one upside to not having a game to watch last night was being able to swing having the guys over to watch hoops to being able to FINALLY use my solostove bonfire that I got my for “Christmas” in late January. This is thing is everything it’s cracked up to be. No fighting to get it going. Virtually no smoke. Lots of heat. And yes very cool looking flame.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Used the Solo Bonfire on Friday night. It was a little wet when I took the cover off. Doesn't really keep the water out. Has anybody bought the lid? I am tempted to get that and use it as a table, but I am also hoping it is more effective at keeping water out.

IMG_7555 (2).JPG

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Used the Solo Bonfire on Friday night. It was a little wet when I took the cover off. Doesn't really keep the water out. Has anybody bought the lid? I am tempted to get that and use it as a table, but I am also hoping it is more effective at keeping water out.

View attachment 67581
You talking about the little white tarp? I’ve never had water get in.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

View attachment 67581
Getting an oversized round piece of stone (quartz, granite whatever) would be a cool idea and would make it more attractive when not in use. BTW, follow Dream Jobbed lead and throw some wood in that bad boy. That flame looks like an oversized can of Sterno.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom